Tinnitus

FinalSolution

This is some sound in ur ears or head like ringing, buzzing etc. And some of the symptoms can be depression, anxiety, lack of concetration, problems with memory, ... Its rly annoying coz u cant even hear ppl clearly.
I wonder if any of u have this?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I have way too much noise in my head... from buzzing sounds to screams, random babbling, conversations and even music. My brain is like a radio.

diesel

i have this but never knew what it was called , thank you .

is there any way of curing it ?? it drives me crazy since i was small !

WearyChild

I haven't gotten it actually diagnosed but I believe I have this, while I walk I sometimes hear a ticking in my head. Not always nice first time thought if it stopped I was going to die. Also I can't sleep in complete silence because I can hear the blood swishing through my veins.

Remus

Staff member
If you have tinnitus, see a GP and if it is more serious he will refer you to an ENT doctor.

sometimes it can be the result of an ear infection and goes away, if it is constant it could be something more serious (but not fatal), especially if it affects your balance aswell.

There is no cure for any inner ear problems though, only managment of the condition.

Tinnitus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scooter

it can also just be a mix up in the messages from your ear to your brain for various reasons, not usually serious but damn annoying.
Weary Child - I normally sleep with a fan or music for that very reason

Lea

Banned
I have this, in my left ear. I first thought it was some sound in the house but I could hear it everywhere so now I know it's this. It's probably from the heart, or maybe the ear infection.

not

I have it in both ears, also I have a condition that affects my balance.

Last edited:

phil91

I've had it in my left ear for about 3 years now. I remember exactly how it started too. I was just in bed reading, I moved my head slightly and I felt something move in my ear a bit, and it just started. And hasn't stopped since. ::(:

dooby-duck

I can often hear a ringing in my ears especially at night. My hearing is pretty bad though. I can't hear people speaking too well if there is any moderate background noise - a bit of a pain working in a garage. When I was young I used to have to have regular hearing tests until I had a hearing check done by a doctor who couldn't whisper. It wasn't a propper hearing test just him loudly whispering words and I had to point to pictures on a card. He said "theres nothing wrong with your hearing" Mmmm.

FinalSolution

i have this but never knew what it was called , thank you .

is there any way of curing it ?? it drives me crazy since i was small !

I was at 2 ear doctors coz of it. 1 Told me to avoid loud noises, headphones etc and it will be better (after 3 years stil isnt better), other told me that there is nothing he can do, possible that will dissapear someday or maybe not and that i need to get used to it :)
There is alot of things that could lead to this. I read on internet that for some ppl work more healthy food, cardio, for some acupuncture etc. There r some pills for better blood circulation in brains that might work too. I tried just with food and alot cardio but didnt work. Next might be acupuncture :D

BlackKids

My friend has this and her balance is affected. Some days she seems completely fine but others has trouble standing. She tells me that nothing is as effective as getting rid of the noise than abit of weed.

Remus

Staff member
She tells me that nothing is as effective as getting rid of the noise than abit of weed.

That's never worked for me, I think smoking probably caused the initial ear infection in the first place (along with tonsilitus).