Time Travel

Apersonalan

Ever since I was young I've always wanted to travel back in time and not just travel back in time but it's like the past always gives me good memories of what were when in actuality it probably wasn't as good. The more I get bored with the present gets me thinking about the past and I don't really have a future set so the past always seems to conjure up those nostalgic moments for me like the times were magic and pure gold. For example when I was a kid in the early 1990's I wanted to travel back to 1988 because I had out of place memories of Hulk Hogan and this beer and wine store my dad went to, they took it down later but I remember being in his car waiting for him and the hot heat, thinking about Hulk Hogan randomly and just the look of the area, for some reason I was really enthusiastic about that moment in time. In the late 90's I wanted to travel back to the early 90's and in 2002 I wanted to travel back to 1999. I don't remember 2003 and 2004 being a monumental occasion but now I want to relive those moments, even 2006 seems nostalgic to me now. I'm always living in the past and my memories but it's not just because I'm doing nothing now it's because the past always gives me this enthusiastic feeling more than the present or future and its just always been that way.

If I could fold the fabrics of time into the past or enter some kind of black hole into various moments in time I'd most likely travel back to 1996 I had PTSD and missed out on a lot of good times, I would rewrite my luck to stop certain events from happening.

I'm resisting the urge to post something Doctor Who related. :) I don't think, given the choice, I would go back. There are some really embarrassing things I would like to erase and many times when I could have cried out for help. But I kind of believe in the whole "butterfly flaps its wings" thing. If I change the past, will the present and future be any different? There really is no way to guarantee that you could improve upon it. I've made it this far... I think I'll just keep going at my present rate. I do understand what you are saying, though. And I'm sorry, but I can't resist...any...lon...ger......

dodd_doctor_who_tardis_talking_cookie_jar_closed.jpg

Ahh, much better. :)

MikeyC

If I had the opportunity to go back to 2000, I would smash the time travel machine with a hammer.

lonely_drummer

1960s here I come! I think it's the only decade I would have fit in. Peace and music!!! And a tad bit nutty wAhahahaha!!! Woodstock*drool*

Apersonalan

On a serious note Stephen Hawking said there is no possible way to travel back into the past but it is possible to travel to the future you just need to travel faster than the speed of light like a huge spaceship bigger than the size of earth to make the pace more easy there would be some paradoxes however, an example of this theory would be some people who have traveled thru the Bermuda Triangle who have recollections of entering a portal that has pushed them forward by hours in their time zone in just seconds. Another scientist Michio Kaku believes we can travel back in time if we just adjust the fabrics of space, given time is on a line or a pretzel'd like grid we can then fold it so that both the start and the end can be forced together and meet.

Is Time Travel Possible? - YouTube

lonely_drummer

On a serious note Stephen Hawking said there is no possible way to travel back into the past but it is possible to travel to the future you just need to travel faster than the speed of light like a huge spaceship bigger than the size of earth to make the pace more easy there would be some paradoxes however, an example of this theory would be some people who have traveled thru the Bermuda Triangle who have recollections of entering a portal that has pushed them forward by hours in their time zone in just seconds. Another scientist Michio Kaku believes we can travel back in time if we just adjust the fabrics of space, given time is on a line or a pretzel'd like grid we can then fold it so that both the start and the end can be forced together and meet.

Is Time Travel Possible? - YouTube

Michio kaku is always a pleasure to listen to!

ROBOTS

I would absolutely love to go back in time. I could save my cats from dying (accident related deaths ::(:), kill Hitler and go and see The Beatles :D

Section_31

Id go back. Theres a number of things id change....one key thing in my life though.

The bully in junior high to tried to force himself on me?. Id be waiting inside the bathroom with a bat to protect my younger self.

id also want to go back and try to be a big brother figure to my younger self, who felt like he didnt have anyone.

Oh of course its paradoxical, im not disputing that. Wouldnt dissaude me though.