Those who read my last thread about my roomates...

Kathryn.fr

So I cleaned the kitchen, still working on pizza boxes. But the smell of rotten dishes is gone. I convinced them to get a trash can also instead of having random half full garbage bags. Here's an update in what it looks like, for those who saw the pics before =D

2zi8088.jpg

2q096vm.jpg

IGotSeoul

this looks so much better.

are those pizza boxes? that's a lot of pizza.

edit; just re-read. yes those are pizza boxes.

panicsurvivor

O.k. so the place is clean for now...... that's good. Did you come to some kind of understanding with your roomates? I am actually really curious. I would not like to see you taken advantage of, or used. :mad:

fitftw

much better. Really hope it doesn't get that bad again. Do you eat with them at all? Do you see them eating? Watch what they do with their **** when they finish. Make sure they put their **** away. If they don't, say "Oh you're just going to leave your **** there again? You're going to let this place go to **** again? You filthy piece of fat **** how hard is it to put your ****ing plate and utensils in the sink or dishwasher?"

Seriously I'd fight someone to the death. I'm way too clean-freak to deal with a mess like that. Granted my apartment isn't sparkling but there's no dishes left out at night and no full bags of garbage anywhere or pizza boxes.

Last edited:

Kathryn.fr

O.k. so the place is clean for now...... that's good. Did you come to some kind of understanding with your roomates? I am actually really curious. I would not like to see you taken advantage of, or used. :mad:

ya i told em I wasn't going it to that again, the kitchens something everyone should take a turn in. It's just common sense, you make a mess, you clean it, not wait for mom and dad to do it for you or tell you to. I really only cleaned it so I could use one pan for some orange freakin chicken, I walked in, sprayed lysol, then saw the stove and was like "meh while I'm in here"

WeirdyMcGee

Are you going to start looking for another place to live?
I was just thinking... if they continue being pigs, there'd be more and more resentment built up.
Sometimes it's better not to live with friends if you want them to stay friends, you know?

You did a good job with the kitchen cleanup though!
Your roommates should be thankful that you actually cleaned and didn't just add to the mess.

Kathryn.fr

they're very thankful. I've been sleeping on their couch cuz the spare room was full of boxes but they said we can clear it out now to be my room, i told them make a mess clean it up right then so you don't gotta later when you're all tired. they're not really pigs. ones sick a lot and works and both have bad depression, i know it shouldn't matter. But they're giving me that other room rent free, at least i wont have to be out here when they fight lol. I am indeed going to look for my own studio though. I like to help others though the best i can, without them i'd be homeless. sorry for bad grammar/puncuation/typos eating and typing with one hand XD i used to work in industrial kitchens so i've cleaned way worse.

WeirdyMcGee

I understand the grateful feeling you have for them- taking you in when you had nowhere else to go; and they're also having troubles in their lives... but be careful. Make sure to live your life the way you want to and not to get too caught up in trying to help them live that you end up missing out.

You are a good friend!
I do hope the two of them can climb out of their rut and be happy.

wow, you can actually see the colour of the bench now.
At least you will benefit from the place being more hygenic, with less potentially harmful bacteria around.:)

doubleM

there might be roaches living in the pizza boxes. roaches seem to like pizza. last time i helped my friend clean his disgusting apartment, i picked up a pizza box and about 100 roaches came crawling out.

fitftw

yes the bug problem would be my number 1 reason for not letting the place go to ****. If I leave dishes in the sink overnight, I see a few fruitflies the next damn day.

I did not know you were staying there rent-free. In that case, maybe they feel it is only right to have you clean the place. I kind of agree with that.

Kathryn.fr

The whole place? I think not. Lol. I pay for all the food that comes in and that's fine with them. I'm just not gonna clean every little mess they make lol. There's no bugs, flies were starting to happen, after the smell got bad enough, so I just decided to do something. I really don't mind cleaning as long as people don't try to help me and take over, but they really don't care if I do anything to keep my end or not. I don't wanna have to clean the whole house by myself though lol.