the "whatever" journal

JCS008

I think you're too hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and has flaws. I think what makes it worse is that you blow the mistakes too out of proportions. Seriously, stop being so hard on yourself. No one's perfect, or even close to it.

w*n*c*a*m

I think you're too hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and has flaws. I think what makes it worse is that you blow the mistakes too out of proportions. Seriously, stop being so hard on yourself. No one's perfect, or even close to it.

Yeah... maybe but.... why can't I stop doing "simple" careless stuffs everyday?!!!

It's not that I made a mistake that bothers me. I know I'm not perfect.

It's the "type" of mistakes I made that bothers me!

I can't really explain it. But all I can say is... I already have this "title"
of being a "klutz". Seriously.

My friends call me "absent minded", my sister calls me "silly"
my father calls me "flaw-maker", and now my office mates are noticing it too!!!

They all blab the same word when I make those "simple mistakes".

They say... "That's really her!"

But anyway, thanks for comforting me.
A part of me still believes that I'm just exaggerating. (sigh!)

Noca

Banned
Yeah... maybe but.... why can't I stop doing "simple" careless stuffs everyday?!!!

It's not that I made a mistake that bothers me. I know I'm not perfect.

It's the "type" of mistakes I made that bothers me!

I can't really explain it. But all I can say is... I already have this "title"
of being a "klutz". Seriously.

My friends call me "absent minded", my sister calls me "silly"
my father calls me "flaw-maker", and now my office mates are noticing it too!!!

They all blab the same word when I make those "simple mistakes".

They say... "That's really her!"

But anyway, thanks for comforting me.
A part of me still believes that I'm just exaggerating. (sigh!)

hey you got a job, thats more than I can say...

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:

I can't really explain it. But there are some times when I'm in the office,
and I just wanna go somewhere else where I can be alone. Away from
all the people, even from my boyfriend.

I get so overwhelmed with people, that I will suddenly feel a deep longing of myself.
I just wanna feel me. I just wanna check that I'm real...that I really exist.

I may sound weird... but it seems that loneliness is already a part of me,
because I miss it sometimes. I like the silent sadness that I feel when I'm alone.
It's the only moment that I feel my heart... and I treasure it.

-------------------------
"Sadness is already a part of me. There shouldn't be
any reason at all.I just fall in this deep sorrow
silently. But I don't hate it. I treasure it.
Because only in pain, I feel that I am alive."

-w*n*c*a*m

Last edited:

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:

I just wish that someday, I'll wake up and feel contented of myself.
It's not really achievements that I need.
I've made a some great achievements but somehow, it did not change everything about me.

How I wish......

Last edited:

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:
I just miss this thread. I miss reading posts and seeing the names of familiar people whom I have talked with. I'm sure others don't recognize me. But this site is really precious for me. This is not a good bye. I'm just expressing my longing. I love you all.

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:
My mind is such a mess. I don't know what to think. I don't know how to move. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to keep things right, when I'm sure that I'm a living disaster.

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:

I'll vent again. :(

I hate the fact that I'm academically good but
acts so stupid than an average person.
I lack common sense so much. I am so careless.
I have absolutely no sense of direction and can't even read maps. I am forgetful and absentminded. I suck in organizing things. And I am obviously
not good in socializing.

I tried to research about this and learned that there
are really people like me who's considered somewhat
genius but really sucks in doing practical things.

The possible reasons are some smart people tend to
over analyze things that they do stupid things instead.

In my case, I've observed that I do really over analyze things sometimes. I tried to avoid doing it but it's like an automatic part of me.

And when it comes to forgetfulness, I tend to focus so much on major things that I don't notice the small things,thus makes me forget it.

My being absentminded is brought by my very active brain.
Usually, when i do habitual things,
my mind suddenly drifts to random things. Ex. while taking a bath my mind suddenly thinks of the past, ideas, fantasies, movies, conversations etc....

When talking to my friends, and I have to narrate something, I usually can't say things in an organized way because the memories just keep on going so fast in my brain. It's like, I know all the details but can't easily put it into words.

I'm the type who can understand complicated stuffs but can't even explain it to others because I suck in words.

I tried controlling myself for one day. I really tried to focus on things that I see, to remember things and prevent my mind from drifting away. I tried to make my mind organized. I familiarized myself to roads and signs while traveling. I'm able to do it at first but at the middle of the day, I felt my self getting so exhausted and I had headaches so I stopped and continued with my normal self.

It is just not me. It seems that most people can manage those things in a breeze but not me.

I'm even suspecting if maybe I have a case of ADD or something.

Anyway, It's so sad to know that I have a brain which is mostly useless. I don't need grades to survive. i need to be smart in practical things. (sigh) I'm such a loser. :(

Just a thought:

I'll vent again. :(

I hate the fact that I'm academically good but
acts so stupid than an average person.
I lack common sense so much. I am so careless.
I have absolutely no sense of direction and can't even read maps. I am forgetful and absentminded. I suck in organizing things. And I am obviously
not good in socializing.

I tried to research about this and learned that there
are really people like me who's considered somewhat
genius but really sucks in doing practical things.

The possible reasons are some smart people tend to
over analyze things that they do stupid things instead.

In my case, I've observed that I do really over analyze things sometimes. I tried to avoid doing it but it's like an automatic part of me.

And when it comes to forgetfulness, I tend to focus so much on major things that I don't notice the small things,thus makes me forget it.

My being absentminded is brought by my very active brain.
Usually, when i do habitual things,
my mind suddenly drifts to random things. Ex. while taking a bath my mind suddenly thinks of the past, ideas, fantasies, movies, conversations etc....

When talking to my friends, and I have to narrate something, I usually can't say things in an organized way because the memories just keep on going so fast in my brain. It's like, I know all the details but can't easily put it into words.

I'm the type who can understand complicated stuffs but can't even explain it to others because I suck in words.

I tried controlling myself for one day. I really tried to focus on things that I see, to remember things and prevent my mind from drifting away. I tried to make my mind organized. I familiarized myself to roads and signs while traveling. I'm able to do it at first but at the middle of the day, I felt my self getting so exhausted and I had headaches so I stopped and continued with my normal self.

It is just not me. It seems that most people can manage those things in a breeze but not me.

I'm even suspecting if maybe I have a case of ADD or something.

Anyway, It's so sad to know that I have a brain which is mostly useless. I don't need grades to survive. i need to be smart in practical things. (sigh) I'm such a loser. :(

Same here!

I am often absent-minded. I have trouble remembering names and places. no sense of direction. Forgetful. Careless (though sometimes I over-compensate by double checking everything).

I can't explain things well - I tend to jump around and not follow through with a logical progression of ideas.

I am not organized. and my time management skills is poor.

I feel stupid around people but I'm doing well in university where I'm studying engineering. Ok I'm not at the top of the class but I'm good at understanding difficult / big concepts whereas some people just memorize how to do the exam problems.

I wouldn't call this a disability because i can still function. It's just rather annoying. I wish there's a name and a cure for this condition. If you ever find out what it's called let me know!

w*n*c*a*m

Same here!

I am often absent-minded. I have trouble remembering names and places. no sense of direction. Forgetful. Careless (though sometimes I over-compensate by double checking everything).

I can't explain things well - I tend to jump around and not follow through with a logical progression of ideas.

I am not organized. and my time management skills is poor.

I feel stupid around people but I'm doing well in university where I'm studying engineering. Ok I'm not at the top of the class but I'm good at understanding difficult / big concepts whereas some people just memorize how to do the exam problems.

I wouldn't call this a disability because i can still function. It's just rather annoying. I wish there's a name and a cure for this condition. If you ever find out what it's called let me know!

LOL! Scrabbl! How are you doing. I didn't know that we have something in common. Yeah! Actually, I don't really mind it much. There are just some instances that I get fed up doing those careless things. I feel much much worse when I get some disappointed or "her she goes again" look from others, just because of my usual stupidity. But actually, I sometimes think that maybe I'm just not trying hard to change it. Because as I stated, I tried but I gave up easily. And yeah, I admit that I'm lazy to do some extra stuffs to compensate my weakness. Maybe I'm just too stubborn thinking that "why do I have to try so hard if the others can do it naturally without thinking too much about it."... I'll do better next time.

I don't really know what our condition is called. But when I'm feeling a little down about this, I just try to make myself better by remembering that Einstein also have this condition. Har har!

Have a nice day always my friend! ;)

LOL! Scrabbl! How are you doing. I didn't know that we have something in common. Yeah! Actually, I don't really mind it much. There are just some instances that I get fed up doing those careless things. I feel much much worse when I get some disappointed or "her she goes again" look from others, just because of my usual stupidity. But actually, I sometimes think that maybe I'm just not trying hard to change it. Because as I stated, I tried but I gave up easily. And yeah, I admit that I'm lazy to do some extra stuffs to compensate my weakness. Maybe I'm just too stubborn thinking that "why do I have to try so hard if the others can do it naturally without thinking too much about it."... I'll do better next time.

I don't really know what our condition is called. But when I'm feeling a little down about this, I just try to make myself better by remembering that Einstein also have this condition. Har har!

Have a nice day always my friend! ;)

Well, include me in this category as well. Though I'm not really that great at academics either... I get average grades.

coyote

I can really relate to where you're coming from wingcharm - especially with the absent mindedness, etc.

I was diagnosed with ADD a few years ago.

I'm not sure which has caused me more problems - not getting things done because I forget about them and/or get distracted - or not getting things done because I avoid them out of fear/anxiety.

And there's the whole issue of "allowing" myself to become distracted in order to avoid/procrastinate.

It is a constant battle to try to stay in the present and just do things instead of thinking so much about the outcome - or thinking so much about something entirely different altogether.

32belly

This thread, particularly the first few posts, are exactly my thoughts...if only I could communicate them so brilliantly.

How many "tomorrows" have I waited to start anew, only to find myself avoiding everything just the same.

I'm new to this site, but for the first time ever I've found others who think and feel like I do. What a blessing. (and a curse.)

Thank you for starting this thread windged_charm!

w*n*c*a*m

I can really relate to where you're coming from wingcharm - especially with the absent mindedness, etc.

I was diagnosed with ADD a few years ago.

I'm not sure which has caused me more problems - not getting things done because I forget about them and/or get distracted - or not getting things done because I avoid them out of fear/anxiety.

And there's the whole issue of "allowing" myself to become distracted in order to avoid/procrastinate.

It is a constant battle to try to stay in the present and just do things instead of thinking so much about the outcome - or thinking so much about something entirely different altogether.

I can truly relate to this. Can't say more. But maaaan, does it mean that I probably have ADD too? Shucks.

w*n*c*a*m

This thread, particularly the first few posts, are exactly my thoughts...if only I could communicate them so brilliantly.

How many "tomorrows" have I waited to start anew, only to find myself avoiding everything just the same.

I'm new to this site, but for the first time ever I've found others who think and feel like I do. What a blessing. (and a curse.)

Thank you for starting this thread windged_charm!

I'm sure you can express your thoughts well, just try. :)
And thanks for appreciating this thread.

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:

I should learn how to give people a chance to get to know them despite the bad impressions

Last edited: