the "whatever" journal

w*n*c*a*m

Just a thought:

Socializing with people feels like a nonstop theater play, it's making me exhausted. I am not really me. I am an actress of my own silent movie.
It is such a bliss coming back to this paradise which is my bedroom. How I love the sound of the fan, the darkness of the whole room, the small glow coming from my laptop and the freedom to think and act on my own. I so miss myself. I so miss "ME".

Last edited:

w*n*c*a*m

I'm really trying to be patient with this boy, but can't help getting pissed with him. grrrrrrr!

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
Are you just new in that place? Some children are routinely unfriendly to strangers in their home, maybe he is just testing you to see how you react. It can be that he will become friends with you if you give it a time and are not paying back with the same coin..

coyote

hi wingcharm, glad to see you again

sorry to hear about your current situation

alot of children go through that phase - some longer than others

there's really not much you can do except be patient with him

just try to remember that he's just being a normal child and don't take his words and actions too personally - if it wasn't you, he'd be doing the same thing to someone else

good luck

w*n*c*a*m

hi wingcharm, glad to see you again

sorry to hear about your current situation

alot of children go through that phase - some longer than others

there's really not much you can do except be patient with him

just try to remember that he's just being a normal child and don't take his words and actions too personally - if it wasn't you, he'd be doing the same thing to someone else

good luck

I know he's only a kid... :( ... it's just hard to keep patient especially when it happens regularly. But thanks to your advice. I really need somebody to tell me to calm down. Maybe the fact that I'm not fond of kids, also triggered my annoyance for him.

w*n*c*a*m

It's hard to go homestay, you've got to mind them all the time. I prefer my own pace. Gotta change place...

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
1. Nowhere else to go and hard to find something else or have no time to look etc.
2. In case I earn substantial money, then of course the money (or school in case I go to school or other obligations)
3. If I find other place it can be even worse.
4. Even if I find other family I can´t change what I am like (quiet).

I am not currently living in a family and don't feel like it again but it can happen in the future..

w*n*c*a*m

1. Nowhere else to go and hard to find something else or have no time to look etc.
2. In case I earn substantial money, then of course the money (or school in case I go to school or other obligations)
3. If I find other place it can be even worse.
4. Even if I find other family I can´t change what I am like (quiet).

I am not currently living in a family and don't feel like it again but it can happen in the future..

Good for you... now I am starting to find a new house where I could live independently. I am so hoping that it would be soon. But then like you said, money could be a problem. ... I feel so miserable now.

Today, I went to the mall and bought additional grocery. I ate outside and forced myself to finish the food even if I'm already full so I won't get hungry for dinner. While walking, I suddenly felt an overwhelming loneliness. I'm far from my country, far from my loved ones and nobody to talked to. I was afraid that I might cry again.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
Good for you... now I am starting to find a new house where I could live independently. I am so hoping that it would be soon. But then like you said, money could be a problem. ::(:... I feel so miserable now.

Today, I went to the mall and bought additional grocery. I ate outside and forced myself to finish the food even if I'm already full so I won't get hungry for dinner. While walking, I suddenly felt an overwhelming loneliness. I'm far from my country, far from my loved ones and nobody to talked to. I was afraid that I might cry again.

I think it´s quite normal what you experience in your situation, I knew a lot of girls who felt like this when staying in a stranger's home. And a lot of travellers experience what is called "culture shock" when arriving in a new country.
As for the cooking, are you actually supposed to work for them too? I thought "homestay" was just living with the family while you study and you pay them for everything?

w*n*c*a*m

I think it´s quite normal what you experience in your situation, I knew a lot of girls who felt like this when staying in a stranger's home. And a lot of travellers experience what is called "culture shock" when arriving in a new country.
As for the cooking, are you actually supposed to work for them too? I thought "homestay" was just living with the family while you study and you pay them for everything?

Nope, they don't want me to work for them... maybe they're just expecting me to do it anyway, lol! I don't know. As of now I'm looking for another place to stay, This time my own place near the city. I talked to my dad and he said money is no problem. So I feel quite relieved now. I just dont know how to say goodbye to the mom coz she was good to me.

Last edited: