The positive thread

Dead_on_Arrival

4413368928_517626288d_z.jpg

Dead_on_Arrival

Hi guys. I took my daughter on a bike ride today to the local canal. She loves going there to feed the swans and ducks. I enjoy it aswell as it is a place where not many people go and is so peaceful and relaxing. It is one of very few places I enjoy when I leave the house. I would seriously recomend getting a bike and finding somewhere like this to anyone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Feeding the swans by hand rothwell 2 - YouTube

Feeding the swans by hand rothwell - YouTube

WeirdyMcGee

That's wonderful, DoA!
Do you take your daughter places often?
I really cherish all of the memories I had of my father taking my sister and I to do things before he became a hermit. You can never get that time back once it's gone, so it's great to go out and do things now while you can!

drganon... that's...
haha!

Dead_on_Arrival

That's wonderful, DoA!
Do you take your daughter places often?

She loves nature so I take her on rides to the local woodland, down the canal and river and to nature reserves. It's great for that around here cos there are very few people who go to these places. It's so quiet. The days when she does not want to go I go on my own for a longer ride to get some alone time and look for more places to visit. She is the one person who keeps me going so I have to push myself for her.

You should try and encourage your dad to get out and do something similar. It is so invigorating

Last edited:

Dead_on_Arrival

Today is International Disturbed People's Day

Please send an encouraging message to a disturbed friend... Just as I've done.

securedownload

I don't care if you lick windows,
Take the special bus
Or occasionally pee on yourself..
You hang in there sunshine, you're special.

Have been to college today, after 3 years of hiding myself from the world
Now I finally have the strength to walk there in a class full of 21 people and sit in the canteen, still really anxious, but not let it overwhelm me and just go for it:)

I'm really happy !! It's like I finally do the way to go :)
I've been fighting so long for it and now i can handle it !!

I never feel proud, but now I do , because it's a mile stone for me which I had in my mind since forever..... well forever??? Fighting yea... avoiding forever.. but i now look my fear straight in the eye and walk forward ^^

Shawnzie

I've become a pretty good musician.
I care a LOT about my friends, and it kills me when I see them hurting themselves.
I have a pretty good sized vocabulary, or at least I'd like to think. (For a highschool drop out) ;)
I'm a VERY good listener (The whole SP thing helps with it, because I'm unable to talk with people freely)
I love animals.

Phoenixx

Have been to college today, after 3 years of hiding myself from the world
Now I finally have the strength to walk there in a class full of 21 people and sit in the canteen, still really anxious, but not let it overwhelm me and just go for it:)

I'm really happy !! It's like I finally do the way to go :)
I've been fighting so long for it and now i can handle it !!

I never feel proud, but now I do , because it's a mile stone for me which I had in my mind since forever..... well forever??? Fighting yea... avoiding forever.. but i now look my fear straight in the eye and walk forward ^^
^ That's awesome! :) Glad to hear it! Good luck this year!