The Importance of Drinking Water

woofytalk

Make sure you drink tons of water every single day. Cutting down on caffeine and drinking a lot of water is one of the most effective ways to prevent overall sweating.

Cold water lowers body temperature and will inhibit your sweating.

It's a big misconception that drinking less water will give you fewer fluids to sweat out. A lot of people will drink less, not realizing that they're actually sabotaging the problem.

Drink lots of cold water and see if it makes a difference for you - I know it helps me.

Alistair

Hz0 is good for you! I knew this lady at work, didn't talk much, but how much water she drank, it was amazing, and for how long. She did not look 60 some years old! More early 50's. Plus, caffeine is nasty drug, and can keep you up when you try to sleep and all of that stuff.

+1

EdgeCrusher

i cant drink water that often. its so.... boring. i literally get tired of drinking of it very quickly. i swear my mouth literally wants to spit it out due to lack of flavor. the only time i really enjoy water is if its really cold and i was doing something to make me tired or if im outside and its really hot. both of which rarely happen, lol.

Kiwong

It's a good way to cut down on anxiety too. Caffiene can contribut greatly to anxiety levels.

I'd love to give this a try actually.

But at the time, due to mass sleep deprivation, coffee/caffeine is what keeps me functioning. Well, that and masses of calories.

Still, good thread. :3

JP81

I'd love to give this a try actually.

But at the time, due to mass sleep deprivation, coffee/caffeine is what keeps me functioning. Well, that and masses of calories.

Still, good thread. :3

You should give it a go for a while, cutting out caffeine might help greatly with your sleeping problem.

I was a big coffee drinker before giving it up just recently. I don't think quitting has had a major effect on my hyperhidrosis (if any), but it's amazing how clear headed and awake I feel without caffeine dependence. You sleep better and don't wake up with that horrible groggy feeling you get in the morning before that caffeine hit.

LonelyWonders

Water is good for when your overheating or something but otherwise I can't drink it. (They lie when they say theres no taste) It tastes horrible!! I need my Daily Dose of THE DEW <3 :D

Jinba~ittai

Sometimes, I'll add water to just about any liquid I drink. You name it, milk, choc milk, OJ, any juices. Its more h2o for you, makes more of what you have, therefore, reducing the cost and making "more" to drink. It's cost effective anyhow.
And depending on how much water you add, it doesn't diminish the taste that much.

Thanks for the tip! I would try to drink water more often, i can't get enough of caffeine though, I love cola, coffee, etc..
But at least I would try to drink a bottle of water 2 times a day, that would be a good start :)
Oh and caffeine is an anxiety trigger too, i think less caffeine could probably be a change.
but it's so damn hard , water is boring yeah :rolleyes: But I love spa :D bubbled water, is not boring too much :p

Kiwong

I stopped drinking caffiene about four weeks ago. I also learnt some relaxation techniques. My anxious thoughts have lost their hard edge, I was able to relax for the first time in years. I felt so light in my body and spirit!

Sprawling

My body likes/requires lots of water. More water, more peeing. During the warmer months the body sweats lots of the water out. Having Fibromyalgia, sometimes drinking makes me pee every 10-15 minutes for 3 hours straight. I just wish there was a balance. WATER... what an amazing substance.