The horror of the human sex ratio

Flanscho

In short: you are wrong.

Biologically, there are slightly more women than men. Which means that unless you live in a country, where female babies get killed and female fetuses aborted (because in those societies, women can't support families as well as men), there will be more women than men around. Not many, but a few. I guess it also has to do with women living longer than men.

The reason why you don't see them is probably a matter how you perceive things or how you move through society. Or maybe because in the past, women were expected to be in a relationship. They had no choice. Now they do have a choice. So they enjoy having it, and don't mind having no fixed relationship.

Most of my friends are in their thirties, but the two friends of mine who are in their early fourties, are both single women. Neither of them hates men, but both are happy with their lifes, having many friends, hobbies and whatnot.

Red: more women.
Blue: more men.
Green: same.
Grey: no data.
Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Biologically, there are slightly more women than men.
You know, I was thinking at first that was the case, but at least according to wiki (I must admit I didn't research further than that), there are slightly more men than women overall. Did you look to another source?

drakir

i know... i belive im one of those men that will never find somone... and NO, its not finding the "right one".. ive found the right one many times....
i have little interest in human relationships except the love part... sadly.. my love is.. fading away... and the empty space that it leaves behind is filled with anger, bitterness, and sometimes even hatred..

long story short: ive never had any form intimidate relationship with a girl ever... and... i view love as a horrible thing.
i got one girl rigth now that i love, and she actually seemed interested in me (and im not used to that). however... she does have a boyfriend..... i wont elobrate more on this, but if you want to hear more then just message me.

AND i very rarely fall in love -_- while everyone else has like... many boyfriends and girlfriends through their life. people bang each other all the time, you know.... when i find a girl, then she might have like 5 ex boyfriends and what not... yes, im very mad about this.

i do truly belive statistics like this are true... because im a part of it

and remmember... its not just statistics... im not gonna love the first single woman i meet.... you need to actually LOVE them. (and as i sayed.... i very rarely fall in love)

Last edited:

Flanscho

You know, I was thinking at first that was the case, but at least according to wiki (I must admit I didn't research further than that), there are slightly more men than women overall. Did you look to another source?

The image I posted is from the Wikipedia from the article about the number of men/women in different countries.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I noticed that, but wiki says the overall world population has slightly more men than women. The map is going by nations, and it looks to show that there are more nations where women outnumber men. Not quite the same thing.

Silatuyok

In my line of work, I know a LOT of single women. Thing is, they all come with at least 6 or more cats or dogs. :bigsmile:

Odo

Banned
I don't think it matters how many men or women there are, because you can't force people to find each other attractive.

The problem is that these women want men who make more money than they do. They want a man who will listen to them and be sensitive but not be so sensitive that he's a pushover. They want someone who looks like he takes care of himself and exercises regularly, but who isn't physically intimidating. They want someone who will treat them with respect while still being a 'classic' male.

Meanwhile men have unrealistic demands of their own-- they feel threatened by women who make more than they do or who they can't provide for (not that it matters, because women are either not interested in that or they want him to make more money than they do, therefore rejection). They expect women to be demure, chaste and submissive (or at least somewhat vulnerable) 'girl next door' types who will make them feel like all of their personal BS is actually important and interesting.

I do think that people are heavier and generally less attractive now than they were maybe 30 years ago. That sounds cold, but it's true… a lot of people look like crap nowadays, and it's not a turn on. There's little in terms of humility or modesty or approachability… the culture is more vulgar and louder and more confusing, and people are so much more intimidating and so much harder to approach than they used to be. I don't think it's just the SA talking in that respect either… people are seriously starting to suck. And maybe I suck too… but at least I know that I suck-- most people don't even know.

It's a pretty depressing social landscape out there… I haven't been romantically attracted to anyone for at least 7 years now, and it seems like the older I get the more I gravitate away from marriage and idealistic forms of love towards empty sex that lasts maybe a month or two, and dies out mostly because it isn't even very good. I mean, this is what I've come to actively seek out from people-- the fact that I'm not often successful (SA isn't exactly an aphrodisiac) is beside the point.

Last edited:
I got married when I was 18, but if I had it to do over again I'd have done it earlier. Funny thing is, around here most single girls have 3 or 4 kids with 5 different guys and are on probation over drugs or stealing. It's a shame. Some of them would be at least girlfriend material of they had any brains at all but it's unlikely in this region.

drakir

In my line of work, I know a LOT of single women. Thing is, they all come with at least 6 or more cats or dogs. :bigsmile:

yeah, i know alot of single girls to.. but the thing is.. im not gonna just choose the first single girl i find.. i actually have to love them, and those i do fall in love with, usually already have a boyfriend. (and most single girls have already had boyfriends in their past)

drakir

Why is a girl having had a boyfriend in the past a problem?

its not a huge problem... im just overly sensetiv

but the point is that... for me atleast... it could be a problem, because ive never been in a relationship. while that girl find it alot more normal to be in a relationship.. if you understand..

i wish i could give a better explanation.. but my mind isnt whit me right now x/

PseudoLoneWolf

It is a mathematical principal. I think it was called "the rule of big numbers". If you toss a coin 10 times you may get 40% heads and 60% tails. But if you toss it 1 billion times, the ratio will get closer to 50-50. So the same must apply to human sex ratio. There is nothing to worry about or unfair

MikeyC

I got married when I was 18, but if I had it to do over again I'd have done it earlier. Funny thing is, around here most single girls have 3 or 4 kids with 5 different guys and are on probation over drugs or stealing. It's a shame. Some of them would be at least girlfriend material of they had any brains at all but it's unlikely in this region.
There's got to be girls that are not like this, surely. It does take a little bit of time to find someone compatible.

Ads7800

There really is something to be said for the ideal of acceptance.

My counsellor makes that a vital point of focus. You can read statistical data until the sun burns out; but, at the end of the day you need to accept your circumstances how they are now and realise that things can get better.

I've never been married, haven't had a girlfriend since 2007 and there really is nothing wrong with it. I just accept that due to a lack of putting myself out there that this is the consequence, not because of sex ratio statistics.

Something to think about, perhaps.

LazyHermitCrab

1. Fall in love, get married, and watch each other die in heartbreak
2. Fall in love, get married, and realize the person isn't who we thought it was, lose money etc, and divorce
3. Or never get married and not have to deal with the first two :p

I still want to get married like you too though and hopefully get the first one even though it will be sad x.x