The Holidays suck!

Shy_Gurl2007

The Christmas music on the radio is killing me. I am defiantly The Grinch this year. Work is really stressing me out,and it's affecting my mental stability.Every night, I come home all anxious and depressed. I spend all day helping other people. Most people are very appreciative, others are flat out rude. That gets to me, and I bring that home with me. I have been there for ten months, and I still learning on the job. I don't know what's wrong with me? Maybe I am not cut out for this job? Why do I have to struggle with every damn job I get?! I'm very capable, but my anxiety and Social Phobia hold me back. My boss said it would slow down around January, but it seems like it will keep getting worse and worse. I was much happier when I worked part time. Sorry, I'm rambling, but it helps to vent.

MikeyC

I am a bit of a grinch this year, too, so I can relate. If you're thinking about work when you go home, you're certainly not enjoying it. I don't know if you have other options for work, but if you don't, hopefully you find a way to deal with the stresses it's causing you before it completely overwhelms you.

this_portrait

I already am not looking forward to the holidays as it is; if I had to work during them, especially right now, I'd probably go into homicidal mode. It's really New Year's that I'm not looking forward to more than anything, though. :/

MaliceInWickedland

Totally with you on the music. I had an appointment with my dentist today and I was stuck waiting there in the lobby for almost an hour listening to nothing but Christmas tunes. It was torture.

MikeyC

I already am not looking forward to the holidays as it is; if I had to work during them, especially right now, I'd probably go into homicidal mode. It's really New Year's that I'm not looking forward to more than anything, though. :/
I actually wouldn't mind working on Christmas Day (a strong possibility). Double-time-and-a-half, baby! :D

What's worse about New Year's than Christmas for you?

JJB

How come you get called The Grinch if you don't like Christmas, I hate that. I don't hate Christmas, but I hate how early shops and people generally start Christmas. Neighbors over the road from us put up their Christmas decorations (which flash all night) two and a half weeks ago in the middle of November. Oh and yes, those Christmas songs on the radios in supermarkets and shops. One day, I wish they'd play something different.

Christmas should be two weeks at most, the week before Christmas day and Christmas week.

awkwardamanda

I feel your pain. I work retail too. The Christmas music drives me crazy every year. I try to tune it out. I've been listening to better music at home a lot and it helps to not let the Christmas crap get stuck in my head anyway. Christmas is so overrated. I look forward to January. People are not all happy and cheery this time of year, like all the songs want you think. Bullshat. People are stressed out and on edge. People are depressed. People are broke. Christmas is so materialistic and commercialized. I still have all my shopping to do. Ugh. The next three weeks are gonna be hell.:confused: