The awkward hug or kiss.

psych

I like hugs now, but I don't want a kiss, or to kiss, anyone I'm not sleeping with. :eek:
I always found kisses on the cheek to be awkward and an imposition.::eek:: Especially because I never know if I'm supposed to return the cheek kiss. :confused:

persianfan247

I like hugs now, but I don't want a kiss, or to kiss, anyone I'm not sleeping with. :eek:
I always found kisses on the cheek to be awkward and an imposition.::eek:: Especially because I never know if I'm supposed to return the cheek kiss. :confused:

I used to kiss my parents on the check but then I somehow ended up associating it with sexual things and have never done so since. I kind of regret this since it is silly.

I don't really have to hug anyone outside of my family, so it is not really a problem for me, but I have had some awkward situations with handshakes, wondering whether it is expected of me or not, whether the other person actually was going to shake my hand.

Sharona

OMG, well I'm so glad I found this forum. I signed up just to reply to this thread because, I did this yesterday and I cannot get over it. So glad I'm not the only one even though we're with few. It was a person I just met, everything went great, great conversation about deep stuff and then when we said goodbye, this happened and now I'm afraid I made a horrible impression and I scared her away. My friends, who saw it happen!:):(:) say they didn't notice any freaked out 'vibe' coming from the new friend after this incident but I just know this didn't go over well. I would be freaked out. OOOOh HOW to get over this.

Duzmiu

ive done those many times,

have to say the worst one is when you meet your ex and they go in for a hug but you want nothing to do with them so just stand there awkwardly as they hug you.

WeirdyMcGee

I don't like touching people generally, but my relatives always feel they have to hug me as a greeting and a farewell.

My grandma always turns her head when she goes to kiss me, so I end up kissing her on the lips.
It's not really awkward anymore since it happens every time.

My dad used to give my boyfriend hugs whenever we'd be leaving-- which was awkward for him because the men in his family don't hug.
The men in my family do, though. Kiss, too.
I prefer that over the macho-don't touch eachother or people will think we're gay- type families.
If you're secure in your sexuality it shouldn't be a big deal-- can be awkward, yeah; but there's nothing wrong with it.
(especially if you like hugging and kissing... which I don't- but some people find it comforting.)

Duzmiu

I don't like touching people generally, but my relatives always feel they have to hug me as a greeting and a farewell.

My grandma always turns her head when she goes to kiss me, so I end up kissing her on the lips.
It's not really awkward anymore since it happens every time.

My dad used to give my boyfriend hugs whenever we'd be leaving-- which was awkward for him because the men in his family don't hug.
The men in my family do, though. Kiss, too.
I prefer that over the macho-don't touch eachother or people will think we're gay- type families.
If you're secure in your sexuality it shouldn't be a big deal-- can be awkward, yeah; but there's nothing wrong with it.
(especially if you like hugging and kissing... which I don't- but some people find it comforting.)

lol im so gunna hug the next boyfriend my sister brings home, that will top any of the embaressing things ive done too her...hopefully i wont get punched in the face for it :D

Thelema

lol im so gunna hug the next boyfriend my sister brings home, that will top any of the embaressing things ive done too her...hopefully i wont get punched in the face for it :D

Be sure to whisper something in his ear ::p:

chibiXphantom

never had that happen because most people know i dont like any sort of pysical contact with most people. so i dont like hugging people, not particularly fond of handshakes.
not that im a cold hearted person, i just feel uncomfortable hugging people other than like my bf and family/friends. though i still dont really like hugging family.. im not close with any of them

I hate Cheek-kissing when meeting girls, its the commom way in my country, I feel so nervous, I always try handshaking but most of them ignore it, still dont know why

laure15

It's awkward when people hug or try to kiss me because I don't expect them to do so. When my friend's mom greeted me and held my hands, I felt very weird and shook a couple of times, and I think she noticed. I'm just not used to such levels of intimacy.

Facethefear

I dislike the huggy kissy greetings and goodbyes with near strangers. When did that start? I was living in Ontario where hardly anyone shook hands and moved back to Quebec and suddenly I was having faces coming in for the 2 cheek kiss (not an air kiss) and arms outstretched towards me. I am not a prude, but I think you should keep your hands and lips to yourself until you know the person longer than one time. It's unsanitary too! I guess I must be one cold b****!

Entangled

Hugs and kisses are always awkward (for me at least); I'd rather not indulge in such frivolities.

I dunno, to me it just doesn't feel right/natural.