The abuse of Jbrown2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Banned
J_Brown87, started posting on 24. 6. 08, isn´t it him?

And I understand being a mod is no fun, I appreciate you do it for us. I just needed to say this because that´s what I think, no personal offence to any of you.

Remus

Staff member
ahh he creates so many accounts its hard to keep track.

Its not moderating thats the problem, we can take the crap thrown at us,the point is we have had vulnerable people very upset and complain about this guy, do we just say "tough poo, deal with it"?

do we ignore these 6 people (possibly theres more) who have behaved themselves for this one abusive person? no we dont

I understand that he obviously has a serious problem that he needs help with, but that should not give him an excuse and free reign to troll this forum and harrass its other members. J Brown, I sincerely hope you find the help you need, but perhaps other forums or sources of help would be best for you at this point.

Danfalc

Banned
These are just some of the accounts i had to ban the other night (you cant even see them all because they wont fit on the page lol).I kind of agree with you Lea.. or at least i used to.

But believe me when i say all the mods have given him chance after chance.None of us want to ban anyone and it really is a last resort.I know for a fact Remus spend time trying to help j and talk to him...and in thanks he got abusive pm's for his trouble.We have tried to help him Lea..but were not doctors,and other members left the site because of him.So sadly he has to be banned because we cant let other members suffer at his expense.

Believe me when i say this is a last resort,he actualy messaged my girlfriend telling her what he wanted to do to her sexualy lol,and i still tried to help the guy.He does need help and i dont think hes evil,but i really dont think we can give him the help he needs.

jbrown.jpg

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
Those few accounts are nothing compared to how many Thelema and Remus have had to ban,just a drop in the sea honestly lol ::p:

And thats really big of you Barry that you tried to help,a few people have including remus,Thelema and sickjoke also offered to help him.And yeah he can come across polite and respectfull when he wanted to,I always had alot of time for him before the trouble but sadly he pushed us into a corner.Wasnt an easy decision for any of us.He actualy said he hoped we could ban him a few times because his ocd makes him come back,so maybe a break from here will do him some good and let him sort his head out.

Number80something said:
Alright, Iam gona pay for the crazy faze I been in. I been a ****wit back than.IP ban me if you wish, hope it's gona work better this time than last time I got IP banned. It would seriously do me good if you could ban me so I can't come back.

Lea

Banned
I think he wouldn´t have created these new accounts if he wasn´t banned from his regular one. The question is if it was right to do so. Where did it first start, why did you decide he should be banned. Was it only because someone didn´t agree with his personal opinions or did he start abusing people just out of the blue? There must be some trigger and hard to say if it was exclusively his fault or the spw´s fault also. I would suspect it is combined. What I would do now is let him post under his regular account and not ban him - under one condition, that he isn´t going to create any new accounts. He only should be banned if he breaks the rule. But otherwise I think he should be let posting because he is just a normal person like other members here, I can´t see reason why he should be discriminated. He really didn´t do anything criminal. Of course there are people who hate him but that´s just a matter of personal opinion and personal likes or dislikes never should be reason for banning.

Danfalc

Banned
*edit* yeah Molotov pretty much said what i was trying to say without the major rant lol.There was nothing personal about his banning anyway,I really dont know why you think that..We banned him because he was being abusive towards other members.A couple of people left the site because of him.You will have to ask Remus about the exact details of when he got banned.But we banned him for a week at first (after many warnings and him saying he will change) because he told someone that he hoped there parents would die and told them to suck a males organ lol.

I think hes a decent guy deep down,i just think he cant keep away because of his ocd and other issues,but why should we have other members suffer because of his problems.And believe me he didnt just get banned...we gave him lots of chances and warnings to behave.

Last edited:

Molotov

Lea, he’s not being discriminated against and he doesn’t have to have done anything criminal, he broke the rules and many people are uncomfortable with his presence. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. Yes, I just quoted Star Trek. It doesn’t really matter anyway though, because his problems are beyond the help of this forum.

Lea

Banned
Thank you Danny for the explanation. I believe what you say and know you were trying to do your best. J. Brown is not a bad person, only messed up at the moment and needs help, the question is if this forum can help him and whether to give him the last chance to use his regular account. I think I would still try that and let him discuss his problem here, if he doesn´t stop abusing even after that he should be banned.

Remus

Staff member
I think he wouldn´t have created these new accounts if he wasn´t banned from his regular one.

Unfortunatly the new board has not the facilities of the old one yet and banning people is difficult, it is very easy when banned to create many accounts without needing a valid email at registration, mods do not have IP ban powers yet either.

The question is if it was right to do so. Where did it first start, why did you decide he should be banned. Was it only because someone didn´t agree with his personal opinions or did he start abusing people just out of the blue?

The reasons are many, (as described by dan) I'll post some of the discussion on the mod forum to help explain.

There must be some trigger and hard to say if it was exclusively his fault or the spw´s fault also. I would suspect it is combined.

He's given many reasons to different people but he said to to me he blames a thread started by sickjoke as one of the causes, he seems the only person for that thread to have triggered like this. I have SA/OCD/GAD did not affect me in the slightest. I agree with alot of sickjokes methods on using challenging and exposure to help with SA, though I think he lacks tact lol

What I would do now is let him post under his regular account and not ban him - under one condition, that he isn´t going to create any new accounts.

been there done that worn the many hats, even tried other ways (this is what we meant by giving him chances)

I can´t see reason why he should be discriminated. He really didn´t do anything criminal. Of course there are people who hate him but that´s just a matter of personal opinion and personal likes or dislikes never should be reason for banning.

Nobody hates him that I know of, there are spme that are scared (as Dan said) and to me that *IS* unaceptable on a forum for vulnerable people with mental health issues

Maybe make freinds with him yourself and try and help, you seem patient from your posts, I'm afraid mine and the other moderators patience has run out and that is why unfortunatly we had to have this stupid witchunt on the forums that we dont feel very proud of (and put off doing for weeks)

Remus

Staff member
J. Brown is not a bad person, only messed up at the moment and needs help, the question is if this forum can help him and whether to give him the last chance to use his regular account.

I'm afraid he wont be let back on here, we have recommended many sites, I researched his histrionic/narcisistic personality disorder and looked into sites and forums to help him, he is not interested though and refused to go try anywhere else. He just wants to stay here but I dont know why as half this forum has very little respect for him at the present

Lea

Banned
I wonder why he abused the members.. just without any reason? He didn´t do anything bad to me. And I think I can relate a bit to how he feels because I´ve been in similar situation.
Why couldn´t he have his last say in this thread and chance to explain everything before he is banned?

Remus

Staff member
Mod forum discussion:

Jbrown2

He's going abit bonkers on this thread, not sure what to do about it?

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/women-have-all-the-rights-17515/

Remus bud...read the chat box message archive.J_brown has been sending female members messages ::(: Asking one for sex...hes been talking about ********* aswell on chat...I messaged her and she also said she had pm's off him.

Ive told her to pm us if she gets any more crap off him and asked her to forward the pm's to us if she wants to.Cos we cant really do anything unless its reported.He seems sorry for it and i think its because hes been drinking but still :confused:

I was going to ban him yesterday, but thought I would wait for your guys' thoughts

Nah i dont think a ban would help tbh..ive given him a warning last night and he apolagised to me and to one of the people he sent a private message too.Ive posted the conversation to Remus I had with him so when Remus gets on we can see what he thinks.

I think the dudes just going through a rough time and drinking no excuse for his behaviour like,but i dont think he is a troll or a nasty guy and deserves another chance.And on top of that ive not actualy had any complaints personaly.

j_brown2 said:
Uhmm ok...it's cool, iam trying to get off here but I can't coz of my OCD, no worries I know your just tryin to do what's right and I agree

I send ***** some messages, last one was about the sex thing and I apologised and never contacted her again

And yesterday I sent some to **********... I didn't send any new ones today, but it's cool, Iam not to sure anyway coz I can't remember much

Sorry for causing trouble, didn't mean it... I think it's my frustration coz Iam trying to get offline to do something meaningful with my life but I just cant

Thanks for the friendly warning though lol was nice reading it, ha I always felt the same about your posts, really

Sorry again... ah Iam apologizing so much as of lately that it must start getting annoying... I do know I can't just cause trouble and then apologize say Iam sorry and think it's ok again, I know that

Iam really gonna try getting of here and cool off for some days coz Iam not feeling myself
It sounds like hes sorry to me and trying to pull himself together.

welcome to last chance saloon Mr Brown

Ive banned him for a few days guys,hes just getting worse,and i actualy think him having a break might do him good for his own sake like you said Remus.

i really think ***** posts is causing alot of this...i mean **** went off the rails after them.Now j_brown.

yup I'm wondering wether we should all discuss this with ******* he ha this smug know-it-all attitude that is triggering the worst response of our more "unstable" memebers

this is only the begining of the events, we have 8 pages of discussion deciding what to do, how to help, how to deal with this, we dont just ban someone at the drop of a hat or in a whim

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
I have no problems with him being banned. All i was saying is that i just never seen that side of him!

I know bud!Sorry if i seemed a little defensive...I was just trying to say i was the same,I didnt see the other side of him for a while.

I wonder why he abused the members.. just without any reason?

He started to message alot of the female members..and basicaly tried chatting them up.When he didnt get any replies and stuff he felt rejected..(this isnt a dating site after all).So he got angry and became abusive and crossed the line with sexual messages.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
he has histrionic and narcisistic personality disorders (or so he said) which probably explains it

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, usually beginning in early adulthood.

The essential feature of histrionic personality disorder is an excessive pattern of emotionality and attention-seeking behavior. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others.

SickJoke

Does anyone know what email jbrown2 checks? Has anyone been communicating with him via email? I need to get in touch with him, any help is greatly appreciated.

TAMPA-BAY

Hahahah! OMG. Are you guys kidding me? Its been months since i have returned back to this site and you are still discussing the troll. Let me tell you i might not be a mod but I am very familar with this troll. His only trigger is physical apearance. Some one post a pic of them self and he goes bezerk. Its that simple. If you are pretty he hates you. Its that simple.

Honestly he is a hacker first mental disorder second. I am on many anxiety sites and this is the only one he attacks. If you show simpathy for him you are a fool and need to trade phone numbers with him but i garuantee he is not intrested in trading phone numbers or e-mails. Been there done that.

His only goal is causing trouble. Trust me. Me and him were some of the original members on here. I know him and he probaly knows me along with remus/thlma/danfalk/.

His name changes but his pattern is alwayse the same. Blame the world espicaly anyone who is pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.