The abuse of Jbrown2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelema

This is a post to inform the whole board about JBrown's abuse and what we're doing about it.

He was banned for his harassment of the members of the board, particularly the female members. We gave him chance after chance to straighten up and fly right, but instead of that, he continued on as if nothing happened.

After he was finally banned, he has made account after account after account, at all hours of the night. If you wonder why new members have to be approved, that's why. He has sent all the mods threatening messages and even the administrator himself. He still sends female members sexual harassing messages and bullies people in the chat. He believes that he is the victim and actually believes that this sort of behavior is alright to do.

We want to finally end his reign of abuse by having his internet turned off by his isp (internet service provider) to protect the members of this board. This is the only way we can assure that he will be gone for good.

We're asking that members either post in this thread any abuse they received or to pm a mod about his abuse. Even if you have just been frustrated with him or what he represents to a social phobia support forum. We're going to be sending a link to this thread to his isp so that they can see for themselves how the members of this board have been effected.

Remus

Staff member
Impersonating other members of the board (littlemiss and Jay):

jbrown.jpg

other impersonations:

Kayyellle, Autumnn

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
My PM inbox (note that I didnt even talk to this guy at this point, just ignored and banned him)

jbrown2.jpg

Remus

Staff member
Why isn't the user "Harmless" on there?

thats just one of the IPs he used, he's used proxy IPs to cover his tracks, must be an expert at being banned from other places, its not well known for anyone who behaves themselves to know about proxy servers

Remus

Staff member
We tried to help this guy, gave him so many chances, even when we had to permenantly ban him, we recommended he get help with his narcisistic/histrionic personality disorders, many times we recommended other sites he should try, I personally researched his condition to see how I could advise him.

Despite all this, protecting members here counts more than helping this one abusive member so we have done what we can, all we can do is keep banning him and being vigilant as he uses proxy and dynamic IPs (hard to spot)

Remus

Staff member
repeatedly gave him chances, even about reporting him to his ISP, he promised to leave:

chances.jpg

Thelema

repeatedly gave him chances, even about reporting him to his ISP, he promised to leave:

chances.jpg

I got a message from him about that too, as the user name "Pictograph"

"Thelma you would be so nice and want my family to find out Iam spending my time on an SA site so they would know the truth about me and my issues? That would be really not nice in the short term but in the long it actually might be good and I might get some help than

Do you ever read pm's? coz you never replied to anyone before, well I guess I will find out haha

Have a great day thelema, I have something I wanna ask you "

I got mine on 03-07-2009, 10:19 AM so it was a good few days earlier than you got yours

gsmax5

If you want (I don't know what's already happened) here is a list of ip addresses used by a program called Tor. Tor uses ip addresses of other computers inorder to keep the person's identity hidden. This can either be used in an honest way (though I can't think of a legitimate reason someone would use a program like this off the top of my head), or to evade blocks. There are a bunch of programs like this, but tor is the most widely used one. Here is the list if anyone is interested:

Proxy.org - Tor servers - Tor IP List

Remus

Staff member
some PMs he sent to one member:

Originally Posted by CanYouTellIGotOCD
Hey, how are you tonight? Are you feelin a bit sexy

Fw: Get the **** outta hear yer ****ing piece of shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coackroaches

Fw: ****in bitch, deepthroat it and feel it in your chest
Quote:

Remus

Staff member
As a footnote this user keeps creating new accounts using a proxy to cover his steps, he has PMed a few people now using varying usernames, if you are suspicious of someone PMing you, just ask a moderator to IP check them to see if its the abusive member Jbrown, we will keep this private of course

Remus

Staff member
It's difficult to ban him and keep him off chatbox, best ignore him, it really does annoy him

durda_dan

i agree, if anyone gets PM's or feels offended, just ignore, He doesn't want to go awya, he is drawn to us like a moth to light.

Remus

Staff member
reported PM:

Hi I don't know if this shows the message or not. This guy sent me a few like this and I was quite offended. I felt sorry for him and wasn't going to say anything but it seems he has many accounts and is (?) making trouble all over the place.

filth.jpg

Lea

Banned
My feeling about this thing is, it´s rather more funny than abusive. I know I say funny but it´s not funny if you have to stay up all night banning accounts. But I can´t help it, J. B. doesn´t seem a mean person to me. Plus I don´t think he is narcissistic (there are certainly people who are more and noone talks about them). Anyway who is all right today, I don´t like when people are giving others labels because everybody has something and we are all just people after all, not labels or walking diseases.

Strange thing is, J.B. has been around since june last year and I didn´t even notice him because he didn´t cause any problems. Until recently he started this trolling - why now and why so suddenly. I wonder why he isn´t being taken seriously and given space in the forum to freely express himself and say what´s on his mind. He is only being constantly surpressed for trolling and the more he is denied to speak, the worse the trolling is. I think every member of the forum should have the right to be treated with dignity and to be helped even when his behaviour is getting annoying. Why to discriminate any members? Why not get together and freely (him included) discuss this issue on the forum and try to understand him and get to the core of his illness, help him to get rid of it? Surpressing him and chasing him out of here won´t help anything. Maybe if he was accepted from the beginning he wouldn´t start trolling in the first place. Maybe this forum isn´t healthy that´s why it got a bug in the form of J.B. :).

You say you gave him a lot of chances, but what actually did he do so criminal to be banned. PM´ing girls, calling mods cunts and cockroaches, creating hundreds of accounts - annoying but not really evil. Plus there is nothing wrong with his posts.
And I don´t know what means to be given 2nd chance, maybe he was let on the forum but nobody tried to discuss his issue seriously and ask him why is he like that and what happened etc.

I think he should be banned only after this forum took him seriously and really tried to understand and help him and he in spite of this didn´t get better. Everybody has illnesses but they manifest in different ways. It is not right in my opinion to let on only members whose illness manifests in a regular way.

Remus

Staff member
I'm sorry but I think you are wrong Lea, the abusive posts we deleted so you cant se the majority of them showing, he was given many chances, we were very very reasonable, he can be very manipulative and try guilt trips on moderators, so much so that we gave him way more chances than he deserved.

You say he's been a member since June last year but our records show his first posts are in january

You say you gave him a lot of chances, but what actually did he do so criminal to be banned. PM´ing girls, calling mods cunts and cockroaches, creating hundreds of accounts - annoying but not really evil.

All rule breaks, maybe we should run this place unmoderated and a free for all? I remember those days, I was here in 2004, it was chaos, you didnt even need to register to post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.