thats not right

Badbuz

does any1 else feel that the ads on this site like the ones for panic attack cure and so on seem like there kinda taken advantage of people that are probly desperate.or is it just me that thinks that and who is it that gives the permission for them to go up id like to know

philly2bits

ya i know but do u think they should be there in the first place

Well the site does need to make some money to pay for itself somehow. I don't know how the advertising works for this site but I'm guessing it's a program that generates random ads based on the likely demographic for the site, which in this case would be anxiety and panic disorders and the like. I don't even know if the webmaster has a say as to what ads are actually shown.

Badbuz

Well the site does need to make some money to pay for itself somehow. I don't know how the advertising works for this site but I'm guessing it's a program that generates random ads based on the likely demographic for the site, which in this case would be anxiety and panic disorders and the like. I don't even know if the webmaster has a say as to what ads are actually shown.

good point.i wonder does the webmaster have social anxiety

Luke1993

Yes....advertising is a terrible thing. I once heard a Christian say that it was invented by Satan and is the 8th sin lol.

mrb

well the site has to pay for being here somehow i guess ... not that i know to much about that side of things ...

davidburke

yes i suppose the place has to pay itself somewhere but it doesn't seem fair we come here cause we have problem and therefore we are vulnerable so its basically a way they can target people to scam them(cause most of them are just pure scams treatments that don't work and other crap) couldn't they at least advertise coca cola or something? at least then i might pay attention :D personally i never pay any attention to the ads

mrb

yes i suppose the place has to pay itself somewhere but it doesn't seem fair we come here cause we have problem and therefore we are vulnerable so its basically a way they can target people to scam them(cause most of them are just pure scams treatments that don't work and other crap) couldn't they at least advertise coca cola or something? at least then i might pay attention :D personally i never pay any attention to the ads

i do agree with what you have just written , but some of the advertising , you know help with sa ect ect ... might be helpfull to some people on here who have never looked for help , just my view lol

DillJenkins

Only fools will get fooled by those ads...

It means money for the website to continue. This **** dont just happen for free ya know...lol

Every one knows the cure for panic attacks is Xanax anyways.... This has been common knowledge for quite some time.....

Cheers...

Badbuz

Only fools will get fooled by those ads...

It means money for the website to continue. This **** dont just happen for free ya know...lol

Every one knows the cure for panic attacks is Xanax anyways.... This has been common knowledge for quite some time.....

Cheers...

xanax isnt a cure its a highly addictive prescription drug that only lasts a certain mount of time after taken it

davidburke

xanax isnt a cure its a highly addictive prescription drug that only lasts a certain mount of time after taken it

agreed its quite additive... and by no means a complete cure as well as medication in general, there is no magic pill to cure you completely unfortunately

Remus

Staff member

Cheers...

You are going to get yourself banned with that kind of armchair shrink talk.

As for the OP simply ignore the ads, or use that block program.TBH I wish we had some kind of donation site.

You are going to get yourself banned with that kind of armchair shrink talk.

As for the OP simply ignore the ads, or use that block program.TBH I wish we had some kind of donation site.
I would donate. Can't you guys setup a PayPal donate thing?

They need to have ads if its not a paying site apparently.
I was talking to a guy who made a site.
I cant remember the exact reason for the ads but i think theyre needed for the site to remain free.
Either that or to generate more traffic - im not full sure - bad memory!

does any1 else feel that the ads on this site like the ones for panic attack cure and so on seem like there kinda taken advantage of people that are probly desperate.or is it just me that thinks that and who is it that gives the permission for them to go up id like to know

Yeah i think some of the ads are a bit stupid to be honest, but i see it from the webmasters point also, it's not cheap for a vbulletin licence or to run a server of this size, so i guess the ads are needed to cover costs.
Don't know why they use google tho, should use an ad company that pays per impression not per click. ::p:::p:

They need to have ads if its not a paying site apparently.
I was talking to a guy who made a site.
I cant remember the exact reason for the ads but i think theyre needed for the site to remain free.
Either that or to generate more traffic - im not full sure - bad memory!

I use to own 2 myspace resource websites, and i had ads on them because when u get decent traffic the ads can bring in a bit of money..
Google ads don't pay all that well though, i used other sites.
Then the higher paying advetisors started kicking myspace resource websites out when facebook became so popular, so i told my sites. ::p:

Remus

Staff member
I would donate. Can't you guys setup a PayPal donate thing?

Neither me or the other mods own the site, it's the webmasters alone.

Though if we did set up a new site, I'd like to see a donations run site

Noca

Banned
Just run Firefox and use ad-blocker, then you never have to see another advertisement again.