Thanksgiving

EscapeArtist

I dont see much meaning in it except 'stuff your face until you feel sick'
Didn't know they don't have it in Aus though!
I'd understand if I were a farmer celebrating the harvest or something... otherwise I really don't get it! I don't like teaching children to bond with family through eating overly large quantities of food =/

Sinar_Matahari

My family has never celebrated Thankgiving. My father-in-law is American and loves it so we used to celebrate it with him. I miss my father-in-law because I actually had something to look forward to on Thanksgiving.
I'm not very close to my immediate family and knowing that other people are very close knit just makes me feel left out. That's what Thanksgiving means to me.

WriterChick3

I get together with family, eat turkey, pumpkin pie. I'm honestly not that big on Thanksgiving, I just don't love that much Thanksgiving food. My most favorite thing about it is, of course, the pumpkin pie and whipped-cream, though.

Oh, and before we get together we have it on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
But I'd much rather be alone, sitting in my bedroom, listening to music and dreaming.
There's no way outta it unless I wanna feel super guilty.

coyote

Last year, my girlfriend and I ate Thanksgiving dinner at my ex-wife's house

I was extremely thankful

when the evening was over

bsebring

with my family, we awkwardly eat dinner, then have awkward conversation with awkward pauses. We finally get sick of each other and go do our own thing. I hate thanksgiving.

Lexus199

I only live close to my immediate family. My immediate family sees it as something that's celebrated with extended family. All our extended family lives really really far away so we don't really celebrate it.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I wish I had more family to celebrate this holiday with and it would mean a whole lot more to me if i did but I celebrate it with my kids and some friends.
Starting your own traditions with your kids and some friends sounds a heck of a lot less stressful than spending time with family you didn't choose where you're dodging issues and drama left and right. :)

Rembrandt Broam

I'd love to experience a thanksgiving meal and would love an American friend! We don't have thanksgiving in the UK.

I agree. I've always thought that Thanksgiving sounded like the perfect holiday. It seems to have avoided the overhyping that Christmas now suffers from, leaving just a simple single day to be spend with those you are closest to.

Forgotten-Children

To my family, it's a day to scarf down as much food as possible for people that aren't on a diet. My mom always misses out on a lot of food unless she cheats on her diet.

Other than the massive meal, I may check out the parades on TV, otherwise it's just another normal day where I got to play video games when my nana and grandpa go home.

It's really the only day other than birthdays when we all eat together at the table.

coyote

Fato%C5%9F%20Se%C4%9Fmen.jpg

[INSERT DOUBLE-ENTENDRE HERE]

Last edited: