tattoos

whatsoever

I was in the pictures forum and I was just shocked how many of us have tattoos. How does it happen that we go to tattoo's studio? ::p: I have four tattoos and actually I don't remember If I had been particularly afraid. What about you guys? :)

WeirdyMcGee

Not scared, nope.

I was 16- mom took me on my birthday and it was a school day, so we drove to the city and got it done.
The shop was small and did single private appointments only, so once I made the appointment, I didn't see anyone aside from my tattoo artist and one other employee the entire time.
I'd been wanting to get one for 5 years and drew it myself; something that has alot of meaning on my father's side of the family.

Second tattoo was something I'd been wanting for a couple of years-- somewhat of a mantra for my life.

I'd like more. Tattoos aren't on my list of things that scare me-- never have been. Same with piercing.

AsTimeBurns

I've got 3, all on my right arm. I want 3 on my left arm as well to even it out, and maybe a large one on my back one day.

I know roughly what I want on my left wrist, some kind of Steampunk-style pocket watch. And the large one on the back will probably be a tree of some kind, with branches wrapping around my shoulder and chest.

psych

I have three.... Scariest part was the bikers that did 'em... Other than that, piece of cake! :)

recluse

i was nervous as hell when i got my first done, then i kind of enjoyed the pain. I was more nervous about people's reaction to seeing i had tats done, which is why i got them where i can hide them on my upper arms. People i know had the reaction ''you're the last person i'd expected to get tattoos!''......or ''i didnt think you were the type!''....because i'm a quiet shy guy i guess?

megalon

My brother and his wife actually set the whole thing up when I told them I wanted to get a tattoo. They made the appointment, and drove me to the same place they got all theirs. It needs to be touched up, but I'm too afraid to call and make an appointment, and I'm also afraid of driving in the city.::(: One of these days I'll work up the courage, and I hope to get plenty more tattoos after that.

InvisaLady

The first one I got I was a bit nervous about, but after that the rest were no problem. I think because it is sort of a one on one experience and the artists are usually very nice it dose not trigger the SA so much.

Sacrament

I have two tattoos, one on each forearm. The one on my right forearm is fairly small, about 3 inches. The other one takes up my entire forearm, and took three and a half hours to get done. It was getting fairly painful towards the end. I love them, though. Girls do too.

razzle dazzle rose

I had mine done on an impulse. I showed up, told them what I wanted, and sat on the chair. The guy who did my tattoo was cute, but he was flirting with my sister, so I was off the hook. Now I kinda wish I did not have these tattoos. People ask about them!

EscapeArtist

I want one so bad atm! On upper arm. You guys are so brave to get one. The hardest part would be the 6 hours of awkward conversation fail as the artist tries to get me to talk. Just like the hairdressers do, raarrg

Ignace

Yeah, the worst thing would be the silence while getting a tattoo. :D Anyway, I've been thinking of a tribal going from shoulder blade to lower forearm for quite some time. I'd love to get it one day, but what would possible future employers think of it ? >.>

knowledgeofself

I haven't got one done and i'm kind of glad. I had an idea for one about 5 or so years ago and drew/ designed it on some paper. found it recently and cringed, feel it was a good thing I never acted on it as I would have regretted it.

xDreamseller

For anyone wanting a back tattoo...make sure you get a picture of your own face! :D I've always wanted a full sleeve, spreading onto my chest a bit, but I don't have a clue what design it would be or what would be in it. I just like the look overall.

steve-o-celebrity-tattoo.jpg

Last edited:

Section_31

I LOVE girls with tatoos, gives off the sexy bad girl image :D.

Plus im a total wuss, i cringe at one needle let alone a bunch! :S

twiggle

I have a couple of tattoos from when I was travelling... I knew that way I'd never regret having them done, because even if I start to dislike the designs they'll still be a reminder of awesome times.

I have one tattoo on my lower back to the right... and another on my shoulder blade.