Talking with one of the guys who used to make fun of me

Dark angel

Isn't it weird? He added me on facebook and I accepted his friend request. My best friend posted a meme on my wall and we started talking about the picture. Eventually he joined our conversation through the comments and then another girl that studied with us in school when we were kids joined the conversation as well. Suddenly, I noticed that I had an inbox message and it was him asking me who the last girl who commented on the picture was, because even when all the four of us studied together at the same classroom and grade, he didn't remember her. One thing let to another and we've practically spent hours and hours talking through facebook messages.
We were in sixth grade I think when we studied together and back then, compared to the other girls of my classroom I was a pretty well developed kid for my age. I used to have large breast; I think not even a girl in her 20's is that developed. He used to make idiot comments about that but he wasn't the only one. I guess every damn guy in that classroom had something to comment on that subject and it was pretty much uncomfortable because I already knew I was different in that sense, imagine having to deal with hearing dumb comments about it all the time.
Anyways, since Wednesday we have had conversations by message on FB and he even gave me his number. What I find very curious is that we share many things in common, he also lives like in a few steps away from where I live and studied after school in a place close to my house also. He even pointed out that we could really be soulmates. He also apologized for being so mean back then and said he was only a kid who didn't know what he was saying and it is like nothing happened. I pardon him but that is because we were kids when all of that happened. I guess those are the perks of being a grown up... :idontknow:
Now, I dont think I would be capable of forgiving the other people that used to call me names and laugh at my back when I reached eighth grade because they were in high school already so they knew what they were doing, they were already conscious of their actions; their comments(although I don't remember much of them) caused me a great deal of pain back then...
... Either way, I just wanted to share it with you guys. Do you think all of this is kind of awkward or just fine? If you had the opportunity to talk to anyone who harmed you in the past, would you forgive that person? Let me know :)

Roman Legion

I used to get beat up by groups of people everyday and called names all day long, so my advice would not be helpful here at all.

chibiXphantom

i went to prom with a guy who used to make fun of me a lot. he used to say that everyone hated me and that i was going to die alone. he'd call me a freak and a loser.

but he messaged me on facebook senior year of high school, asked me to prom and he was super nice to me. then i found out he really liked me. he asked me out a few times. we're friends now and he had me design his first tattoo

this_portrait

I guess it depends. When I was a kid, there was this boy who just seemed to really have it in for me all throughout elementary school. He'd jump at any opportunity to pick on me, and he also had his little "lackeys" join in sometimes. Supposedly two of his close relatives died in a plane crash during that time. Some might say he had a crush on me. I don't know what his reasoning was for constantly targeting me, but either way, I grew to resent the hell out of him and bottled up a lot of anger. I'm not even sure if I could forgive the brat for it to this day.

However, there were other bullies who I ended up getting along with somewhat. I think maturity played a major role in those situations.

Remus

Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Once an A hole....

laure15

... Either way, I just wanted to share it with you guys. Do you think all of this is kind of awkward or just fine? If you had the opportunity to talk to anyone who harmed you in the past, would you forgive that person? Let me know :)

Good for you. This person even apologized to you. But I don't know if I could do the same. I don't think I have the galls to even confront my past bullies. If I see them again, I would run. I know people keep telling us to 'forgive and forget' but I would rather not see my bullies again and not have to be reminded of the past trauma.