Suicide?

NightTimeForever

I've been thinking about suicide quite a bit lately, if done right it's such an easy solution to my problems. For some reason, guilt stops me, but I'd much rather be done with life than endure it. I have extreme anxiety most people (even those with moderate anxiety) can't understand. Besides that, I also perceive myself to be generally inadequate. What makes this perception worse is that most people seem to think there are grains of truth to perceptions of self-inadequacy. Any thoughts? Just rambling, I guess.

FriendlyShadow

Listen, I know many (and I mean a good percentage of people are a load of b*tches), and I know you may think this will correct the difficulties within your situation, but you have to ask yourself, who are you hurting most ? I'm not saying what people have done is right, I'm saying that people taking drugs, medication, shoot themselves, and commit suicide are not concerned what they've lost. They've lost all of their chances, all of their families, and losing the air they breathe. Suicide should be expelled from your mind. What you need to do is distract yourself and stay away from people if you can since you are not easy to cope with others. i know this may seem hard, but taking away your life is the most devestating attemptive thing you can do. Just try and find a a quiet sanctum and relax. Does your family help you? I hope they haven't let you agree to your suicidal thoughts. Please don't ever attempt that stunt.

F

felinefreind

You really should not commit suicide because you have a bigger REASON to be here then what you are seeing. Yes, I understand this sounds very cliche because it has been said by many other people. And it sounds like a typical answer to this question .But that is realyl the answer to this question. You don't like something about your life you should make some changes. If you dont like something about it whther its your job or you just don't feel like your important enough. Just know that you are very important to the world and we need you here. Your purpose is very important even when it seems like its not. Its important that you live your life fully and treat others good and do things to keep you happy you have it in you? Are the peopel you live around not as outgoing as you want them to be? I feel that way a lot and I feel like people are to oquiet and introverted and easily upset. These people are so use to being buckled down by society. Yes there is a time to work with others but you dont necessarily have to be unhappy. You have to make your life fun. Im not saying goto the bars and try it that way. I mean, Im talkign about try to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise. This improves my mental health significantly. Is your problem that you feel trapped inside? Then go outside. who cares if people are driving by in there cars or whatever. This is the reason why your happy and they arent. You must set the example and show them this is the way to live and maybe others might go outside too. You never know. Stop living for other peoples insecurities and start living for you! that is the most important thing i can tell you. Don't you think life can really be great? It can and dont let the opinions or worries of others to drown out your own personal way of life and life. You deserve to be happy. Your problems are never more then your solutions. you can overcome these thoughts.... god wants you here...so get working!

Lowlight

When I used to be suicidal I would go outside and smell the air. I stayed shut up in my room most of the time, so smelling the seasons in the air always made me feel better. Try and find that little thing that gives you pause in wanting to kill yourself.

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

Please, please reconsider.

I've had quite a few encounters with suicide, and none of them were pretty. Suicide isn't fun for anyone involved. If you succeed in your attempt, it scars everyone around you. If you fail, not only does it a similar effect on those that know you, but you will forever carry that experience with you.

Suicide is never a good escape plan. I won't turn this into a ramble about a light being at the end of every tunnel, or about perseverance making you a stronger person, but I will say that suicide will only add to existing problems.

My heart goes out to you with this post, and I hope you can see past any bitterness contained in my words, as harshness was not my intent.

Last edited:

Honda

Listen, I hit rock bottom several times as I spent most of my life in fear, anxiety, depression and confusion.. I tried to kill myself several times, wished I would never wake up at times and luckily I failed.

I just realized that I had to escape this destructive cycle, it was only me who can save myself or else it will cost me my life..

There are times when we feel like a total ****ing mess, we hit rock bottom and it takes months to get over it but we manage to become stronger after that.. Its like a phase and once it comes again, we wont find it as horrible as we learned to deal with it..

I started making research about every mental issue I had, I became my own therapist and I learned a lot of things that helped me find ways to lead a more productive and positive life.. I found ways to better understand my condition and how I got here to this situation which later on lead me to find ways to cope..

Trauma is very hard to get over and I really suggest you starting thinking about that fact you are in a dark tunnel and need to plan your route out of it.. You have to learn and discover ways to understand and cope with your pain or situation...

I suggest you go to a good psychologist, that could give a better understanding of your pain & its roots (not a psychiatrist with meds)

It is a gradual process to get out of this crappy situation but its worthwhile..

Also, we all got strengths, potential and passions we just need to tap on these as focusing & drowning in the pain will hinder us more..

I am telling you based on experience, this is the worst it can get and if you find ways to defeat this horrible moment then you have taken a step to become a stronger more capable person..

Last edited:

SilentBird

Is there something you would like to do, just for the experience of it? Does it seem almost impossible to do? Do you think you are incapable? How do you know if that is true? How would other people know? If your fear or feelings of inadequacy didn't get in the way would you do something that you wanted?

otherside

I've made a couple of suicide attempts and they did not succeed. More recently, I ended up in hospital because I took an OD of Propranolol and Pencillin tablets. The reaction of my family in response to that and a lot of people I know has been horryfying...and kinda shocking. There has been times when things are bad when I wished that I had suceeded...and times in life when I am glad I didn't.

I have manic depression and I'm struggling at the momment...I can try and help, but I
don't know how much good I'll be...and I promise, I won't tell you any cliches. They never help anyway.

Suicidal thoughts happen because you've reached your capacity for coping. That's all. They do not last forever. If you need to get through them, tell yourself you will not make any decisions until say, the next day, the next week. And keep delaying it.

Next, if you're expierencing these thoughts, get help. Find a therapist, councillor, psychiatrists to help you. You can try medication if you want, or maybe not. It's a choice that's entirely up to you, and whatever you do, make the choice yourself and don't let anyone make the decision or pressure you into taking it or not taking it for you. And don't worry about telling them you're suicidal...a lot of people are afraid they'll get locked up for it, but that doesn't happen.

And I get severe anxiety too, I have Panic Disorder, and that is pretty severe ATM. So I know where you're coming from. Hope things work out for you. :)

Kiwong

I've been thinking how many years I have left now I am 50. I've come to enjoy some of my life, although overall it seems a nightmare. In my 30s I didn't care, and didn't expect to live to 50. I care now.

Last edited:
I literally think thousand times a day about suicide but all in vein. Every night i go to bed wishing that i could never wake up the next morning. Chronic anxiety, fearfulness, social awkwardness, tension, irritability, anger, dejection, hopelessness, guilt, shame, pessimism, helplessness and dependence on others for emotional support and decision making, stuttering, insomnia----these are the worms that are eating my soul real time & big time. I am beyond repair to be honest and my life is far worse than death....i put on fake smiles and behave as if i am a normal human being 24X7.....i always wonder why so much pain in committing suicide.... i Google every day for painless methods to commit SUICIDE....but till now i am shamelessly living a disgusting life..i am a human equivalent to a rabid dog.....for me my death appears to me like a beautiful women whom i want to hug desperately.....plz all pray for my death & i wow you very much.......
So if u feel suicidal i can feel ur trouble...and what more i can say... WHy do i have to smile all the time??

DRAGON

what is suicide to you exactly? a break from life? from people? from the society perhaps.. you can run to the mountain if you need a break from those things... but... if it is a break from your own self.... can you really do that o_O if the body dies, will the voices stop whispering? o_O if the pain you carry or the suffering is so heavy, so big that you cannot breath anymore or you cannot stand perhaps I could understand it is life the cause of it, but when it is you own self... I do not believe anyone is capable of killing the true self.

Honda

I felt like it was a beyond repair situation when I was in the same stage that you are in..

This is a serious sign from your body telling you that you need to take charge of your life and do what it takes to slowly heal and get out of the situation you are in..

Whatever that is making you miserable in life, stay away from it for now.. If you have to quit your job or skip a semester to reduce stress and focus on your mental health then there is nothing wrong with doing so.

You need to understand why you feel this way and what is causing it.. Perhaps your life never went the way it should be or perhaps you have a very ****ty past like I did.. This all does not have to matter as your well being, your-self and your character do not have to be based or shaped by what life throws at you; rather by how your perceive what life is doing to you.. You may lose a job, a loved one, a career, all your money but these should not be allowed to steer you from living your life and pursuing your passions or joys..

Always take the choice that affects your mental & physical health positively.

I am trying to my best to explain things as much as possible.. I hope this gives you an insight about things..

Plus please do some more research about your mental condition & state to better understand or discover ways to cope with it and gradually get out of it..

NightTimeForever

Thanks for the replies every one, even if my own is a bit belated. Dunno, I sort of have this numbness towards life at the moment.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You can't experience any improvements in your health if you die. It's really not a solution.

Getting help is the best solution. When you find someone who knows what they're doing, you will notice changes, you will feel better.

Virgin

I did not know you could talk about suicide thoughts on this forum? Had I known I would have joined sooner.

Honda

The real nightmare is that we will always have this feeling of insecurity that we were conditioned on by past experiences, bad experiences or traumas.. The key is to find ways to grow out of it as it is conditioned in our minds since youth.. It is a conditioning that will devastate us and we should work hard on getting over it and building a productive & healthy life..

What is even worse is that many psychiatrists and some psychologists do nothing but delay this problem and mark is as a disease instead of going straight to the point and telling you how to cope with it.. They could have sorted you out and put you on the right path within two sessions but rather chose to get you going for a whole year and drop the meds on you, which is many cases can make you worse..

Last edited: