success story

I feel like right now I'm in a very good spot. I am exactly where I should be in life. Sure I have girl problems, but so does all my friends and classmates in engineering lol. Some people have had it all and then lost everything. I am the exact opposite. Three or four years ago I had nothing and knew nothing. No friends. No social skills. No freedom. No power. It even came to the point where I was suicidal and was put on meds. Those were the dark times. Today I can't believe I'm actually overcoming SP. I feel happy on most days. I've gotten a lot of the things I wanted. Sometimes I didn't even have to work for it. I'd simply ask and I would receive. Many things are under my control now. The tables are turning. And yet there's so much room for things to get even better!

I guess what helped me the most is traveling and meeting some very nice people who made me feel comfortable and appreciated. And the community on SPW have been a great help too. :D

Maya23

That is really awesome! That must have taken a lot of courage to get yourself to go traveling and putting yourself out there to meet new people. It sounds like you really exposed yourself to a lot of social situations and worked through issues step by step. You put yourself through some rigorous training and it really payed off. I respect you so much for this.

I guess what I noticed just from this post is that it isn't really due to luck that you are in such a good spot. You went through your fair share of difficult times, and you picked yourself back up, and worked really hard on finding coping mechanisms, and putting yourself basically through some intense exposure therapy! Talk about inner strength :)

I really respect you for getting to where you are. It is so cool that you are feeling like things are in your control. It is inspiring because things are in control because YOU made it that way. I like thinking that if I keep up with my CBT therapy, that I will be able to reach the spot where you are at!

AGlife

I am really happy for you. I love hearing people overcoming SA. It's great that you getting what you want out of life now. Thanks for sharing :) Very inspiring.

can you please share how you got to where you are today? I'm in the suicidal dark period, thanks

Luke1993

So... travelling is the key eh? Everyone pack your bags! It's time for an adventure!

Thank you for sharing!

Awesome story :) I'm really happy for you!!!
I hope all of us can tell that story someday!!! =)
I'm glad u can live the life u wanted now! Wonderful ::eek::