Staying inside

Kookie

Hey, I've been inside the house and mainly my bedroom for 3 full days. I feel like crap lol, it's such a shame because I love going out and stuff, I just dont have the opportunity to :( unless I go out on my own which is no fun! Kinda depresses me too it really does suck.

Does anyone else find themselves just sitting in their rooms for days on end?

just wanna b normal

uuuhh yes cuzz i dont have anything else to. no real friends! fake friends who pretend to like you! but its not that bad. im thinking about going to job corp! cuzz i cant find a job! its like college! sort of! i say better! idk havent went yet!:) yeah its gets tiring!*sigh*

Bustn Justin

Yea at one point and time I was always in my room when I am not at work and just sleep for hours. Now that I have my own place I will watch TV or go on the computer.

I tend to run my errands on the same days I work so I can stay at home all day on my days off.

fitftw

the only time I leave my room is to go to class ugh, or the gym to feel better about myself, or the market.

EscapeArtist

story of my life. When I was like 11, my parents called my room 'the cave', because I never came out of it. Grew up in 'the cave', the computer raised me. Wooo

Dr. Doom

Yeah, the only time I go out of the house is with my dad. So maybe every other day to a few times a week. I mean I do get out, just not unless it's school so I find my self at home for a few days at a time frequently. Not only is it social anxiety but just the lack of funds to do anything.

Believe me , I've done that for three years. But now I really want to change my day life. But I know it's hard, but force yourself, You don't like this way right ;)
But i can totally relate, have done that for sooo long.
Felt depressed, lonely, isolated... :-/ But I know that's not the way I want to be. Keep your head up and think of the things you want to reach,
and even if ur afraid, TRY IT.. and push your self a little and you will see you can do more than you think :)

forksandspoons

Ive been that way for almost a year and its driven me crazy. I don't even talk to my roommates. I just sit in front of the tv stuffing my face all day everyday, I hate it.

Im working on it though, Im trying to take baby steps out. I can't possibly handle being in a large crowd without having a breakdown, but I can handle being with a few people at a time. Eventually I hope to build myself to the point that I can go to large social events again, but sitting around not doing anything won't accomplish that. Believe me I know how hard that is. Like flowergirlie said, you need to try and make yourself do something, or else nothing will ever change.

eggpod

I spend a lot of time in my room. I'd love to get out more but, just going out somewhere by myself feels so meh.

MollyBeGood

it's never a good idea to isolate yourself no matter how independent and introverted you might be people need people it's a fact of life.
Just try simple little things like the post office-LoL yeah at the holidays or the grocery and force a smile and spread good cheer even if you don't feel it it's good to get out and be a person in public...we are social animals, I consider myself a lone wolf, but i know i have found a pack mate so that's my sanity.

Emmaa

Yeah, I spend a lot of time locked up in my room.. Even if my family are home and I'm not arguing with them I tend to like being in my own little world. So long as I've got my laptop and music or a good book I'm okay.. It's when I've been in my room for ages, come downstairs and realised that everyone's gone out, without even telling me or checking one me that I start to worry!

Horatio

Recently I moved into my own place. I usually spend all weekend home alone without leaving, and now that it is summer holidays here I'm spending days on end.

I know that it is bad but I just can't face the world at the moment and every time I venture out I seem to proved right in that I simply don't belong here. I have no family in town and less and less friends every day, so I don't see my situation improving anytime soon :(

Kiwong

I do get out a fair bit, but I really like retreating to my unit at the end of a long day at work, and shutting the world of people out for a while.

shybutsexy

Yeah same here. For the past year i only left the house to go to school and to buy cigarrettes, dont remember ever leaving the house for a diferent porpose, and i think im gonna go crazy anytime now. I wanna get out the house but got no one to go out with, no friends, no girlfriend, and i would much rather stick a needle in my eye than going out to movies, or the mall or something by my own.