Spiders (Off-Topic Phobias) How to deal with them?

vanillabear

I kill 'em.. sorry :sad: I took a chance once by not killing a spider.. we peacefully co-existed for a few weeks and then it had a billion babies that started falling from the ceiling -ohgodwhy- .. I had to sleep in the living room for a few days until I could borrow a vacuum cleaner. Never again..

MikeyC

Um. Can I request another Mikey video? I like listening to your accent :D
Haha, okay, I may do another one. :)

How ever did you kill that!? I like your voice as well.

Word of advice folks: when you aim to kill a spider, make sure you get it the first time or else it might seek revenge. I know.
I didn't kill it. I got someone else to do that because I was scared of it! And thank you.

What happened with your spider that wanted revenge?

Lamb

Haha, okay, I may do another one. :)

I didn't kill it. I got someone else to do that because I was scared of it! And thank you.

What happened with your spider that wanted revenge?

Squished with a sneaker.. unfortunately. >_>

Flanscho

Why would you have to touch spiders?

If I find one in my flat, I normally leave it. Or if I don't want it to be where it is, I put a cup over it, move a piece of paper beneath it, carefully not to hurt the animal, and carry it where I don't mind it.

I wouldn't try to touch them either, but if they touch me, it's no problem as well. The huge majority of spiders won't even try to bite you. And 99.99% of all spiders are not capable of penetrating your skin. And 99.99% of the spiders that can penetrate your skin ain't venomous enough to seriously hurt you.

Lea

Banned
I wouldn't try to touch them either, but if they touch me, it's no problem as well. The huge majority of spiders won't even try to bite you. And 99.99% of all spiders are not capable of penetrating your skin. And 99.99% of the spiders that can penetrate your skin ain't venomous enough to seriously hurt you.

Not much consolation :/

MikeyC

Squished with a sneaker.. unfortunately. >_>
It can no longer hurt you. :)

Why would you have to touch spiders?

If I find one in my flat, I normally leave it. Or if I don't want it to be where it is, I put a cup over it, move a piece of paper beneath it, carefully not to hurt the animal, and carry it where I don't mind it.

That's good that you're considerate, but I really have no love for huge, hairy spiders. They must be eliminated from my existence. :bigsmile:

Silatuyok

How would you get over your fear of them? If you wanted to throw them out but not kill them?

I have no problem looking at them but I just do not want to touch them.

As someone else suggested, you could try sucking them up in a vacuum or dustbuster, then release them outdoors. I've never tried it so I'm not sure how well it works. I usually just leave them alone and they leave me alone.