Spiders (Off-Topic Phobias) How to deal with them?

NeonDream

How would you get over your fear of them? If you wanted to throw them out but not kill them?

I have no problem looking at them but I just do not want to touch them.

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Take a glass and a piece of paper, cage the spider in the glass, insert the piece of paper between the wall/floor and the glass. Now you can take the glass and the spider off the wall/floor without being scared it escape from the glass and you can throw it outside.

Lea

Banned
Take a glass and a piece of paper, cage the spider in the glass, insert the piece of paper between the wall/floor and the glass. Now you can take the glass and the spider off the wall/floor without being scared it escape from the glass and you can throw it outside.

Good advice, I am usually grabbing them in a tissue, trying to do it gently so that they are not harmed. As long as it is not a big tarantula of course..

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
487508_569741769713505_781167456_n.jpg

mikebird

Banned
Good spiders around the house to get rid of annoying flies
Cockroaches are worse. Last sight was a good 10 years ago

Like an assertive cat which puts the claws down and doesn't want to go out.

But good to have an elderly car prone to problems when you're on a tight budget. Rewarding to give the machine attention and not leave it for too long unused. It can bootstrap itself when there's just enough juice to spin and refuel the battery with petrol when the alternator is still stable

*holds candlelit vigil in honor of all the dead spiders*

I hope you all know you have blood on your hands! BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!!!

I've killed plenty of spiders but lately I feel kind of bad about it. I don't have a phobia but they're creepy enough for me to feel compelled to squish them rather than try to transport them to the outdoors. No thank you... :/

Think OP's question's already been answered, so won't bother with that.

cowboyup

yup I am a murderer of spiders, cockroaches, maggots, scorpions, flies, earwigs, and other creepy crawlies. The Southwest desert is notorious for them.

I have good luck with pure rubbing alcohol, 91%
I keep a spray bottle handy in the kitchen...and whenever I see an uninvited guest, I spray away.

and the house smells like a hospital :sarcastic:

I've been bitten by a black widow....man, did that hurt! the little b*stard!

JohnnAY

I literally have nightmares of spiders. One would be me falling backwards into a bush full of spiders, you know one of those bushes that have webs all around them. Ughh, chills...

At work I spray kerosene or paint thinner on them and their nest thingy and light em up :sarcastic: I carry a zippo lighter just to do that. At home I just smash em with any random object. One of the wife's flip flops works pretty good. I've never let a spider I see live to see another day after seeing that movie Arachniphobia.

squidgee

Lmao I have sprayed spiders with air freshner and hair spray... just as bad lol :bigsmile: Oh and it doesn't do jack haha :eek:h:

Lol I also try air freshener or deodorant on them, like that's gonna do anything. As a kind of last resort weapon, I grab the vacuum cleaner. I don't mind jumping spiders though and I don't know why.

mixedupgirl

Lol I also try air freshener or deodorant on them, like that's gonna do anything. As a kind of last resort weapon, I grab the vacuum cleaner. I don't mind jumping spiders though and I don't know why.

Lol I vacuumed a HUGE spider up....and 2 days later I went to empty the vac and it crawled outta the vac bag while I was cleaning the filters arrrgghh! They are tough cookies!

Last edited: