Someone just knocked on my door...

psych

I hate that.

I'm sitting here in my jammies, drinking my tea, on one of my precious day's off... It's 10:30 in the morning on a Saturday.
I want to be left alone... No intrusions.

The door to the front of the house and street should be locked. I have no buzzer, & it's a private hallway.

It's probably just a package...

Still. I just froze and stared at it until I think they went away. At least it was a light knock, three raps, one time.

The door is always dead bolted unless I'm expecting company.

How are you about answering the door..?

yawn* Guess this is my cue to make some breakfast... On with the day.

dyingtolive

lol. :) so what was it? did they leave a package?

these situations terrify me too... i dont know how i will be able to live alone i cant even answer the door :))

psych

I'll answer it if I have to. If I know it's urgent, but anybody that knows me will text, or call first.
If it's a neighbor here, they already know I'm weird... Lol, they can leave a note.

WeirdyMcGee

There's an electric company that sends people door to door a few times a WEEK.

Mom went with them once, a few years ago-- signed a contract with them before she realized she had to move from one building to another; and they tried to charge her 900 dollars for breaking their contract after being with them for less than a month.
Awesome.
So, we live somewhere else now and these people come by a few times a week in DISGUISE- seriously.
No suits, no uniforms, nothing to distinguish them as professionals with this company. They can be older, elderly or very young with like, piercings and dyed hair and baggy pants, looking like they are 15 years old.
They come anywhere between 6am to 11pm(if your lights are on) and even on weekends.
They are pushy and won't leave unless you slam the door in their face and threaten to call the cops. haha

So, yeah.
I hide whenever anyone knocks at the door.
Same goes for the phone.
I panic when it rings or I hear a knock at the door and I curl up into a ball and hope they can't see me so they go away quickly.

Valhalla

Find a sound of a monster, a bear or something. Then blast it on the loudest volume if they wont stop knocking. Back to being quiet instantly.

I also don't like any unexpected visitor I don't know about. I don't even like the sound of the door bell and knocking.

WeirdyMcGee

:eek:That's creepy... What're the gun laws in your area? ::p:

In Canada?
No guns.
haha

I do have access to rifles for hunting-- don't keep them here though; they stay at my grandparent's place up north. (for zombies)

I also like when insurance people come door to door in my neighborhood.
I guess they don't realize these are low income buildings and no one can afford ****! XD
Silly people!

When they come to the door and I'm in the livingroom, I dive onto the floor and wait for them to leave.
Mom always laughs at me and says it doesn't matter if they can SEE us; we're still not answering the door. They can knock all they want.
I feel better if they think I'm not home though; as opposed to just being rude and ignoring them.

crazypants

When they come to the door and I'm in the livingroom, I dive onto the floor and wait for them to leave.

Ha! That really made me laugh, because if someone knocks on my door, I immediately mute the tv and sort of freeze like a possum, hoping no one can tell I'm here and that they'll just leave. My mind racing, trying to take inventory of my apartment and how presentable it is - How messy is my apartment? Where is my bra? Have I cleaned the catbox today?

Then I creep over to the peephole to see who it is and if they've left yet. Don't people realize what kind of stress this puts on us??? ::p:

lilmutegirl

That's terrifying to me! I have always dreaded answering the door! (My parents are hoarders, so we really tried to not open the door wide if/when we answered it anyway, so that probably didn't help). My plan is usually to be as quiet as possible, hoping they'll go away. I heard on the news that there are people who knock on doors to check if anyone's home, and, if nobody answers, they break in, so I'm also a little scared to be too quiet. Unfortunately, with my son around, the noise level increases dramatically, especially when he yells at me that somebody's at the door, and/or answers it himself (he did that once when I was in the shower--fortunately, it was his grandma).

chibiXphantom

if i hear a knock on the door or the doorbell rings, i shut the tv off and sneak upstairs and peek out the upstairs window to see who it is. if its not family, i just watch until they leave and drive away >_<

MikeyC

I don't like answering the door. I usually get my brother to do it or I simply won't answer it. Same with the home phone.

this_portrait

I don't answer the door unless I know someone is supposed to be coming over. If I hear an unexpected knock, I tend to get paranoid and look through the peephole or out the window to see who it is first, and even then I'll just shout through the door asking who it is.

At least that was when I was living with my parents. Now that I live in an apartment, I have a buzzer. Thank God for extra security.

InvisaLady

If it is a knock at the door it is usually just my neighbor or the landlord for maintenance so I don't worry about those too much . But if it is the door bell, I will only get it if I am expecting a package. Otherwise it will be Jehovah's witnesses ( although it is kind of fun telling them I am pagan!) or worse yet kids from the high school selling stale candy for the basketball team.

nightcrawler

I rarely answer the door nowadays. I don't even bother looking out of the window to see who it is - I know it's just gonna be cold-callers or Jehovahs witnesses :rolleyes: People that know me always call/text me first anyway. If I'm expecting a delivery I'll keep an eye out for them, but otherwise I don't answer.