So, I'm sleeping over at a friend's house and my mattress is deflated.

WeirdyMcGee

Help.

... now I certainly can't sleep-- not like it was all that likely to begin with, as I'm anxious as all hell but now there's no chance.

Help me pass the time?

WeirdyMcGee

She talks and laughs in her sleep.\
I've had entire conversations with her but it's not enough to sway my boredom until morning. haha

WeirdyMcGee

Can you reinflate the mattress?

Any chair or couch cushions nearby?

Unfortunately not. It's a mattress they had to blow up out in her dad's workshop which would be locked by now and her dad is sleeping on the sofa, so I can't retreat to the livingroom or steal any cushions.

... if her bed weren't a single, I would just crawl in with her but alas; she sleeps in a child's size bed!

Unfortunately not. It's a mattress they had to blow up out in her dad's workshop which would be locked by now and her dad is sleeping on the sofa, so I can't retreat to the livingroom or steal any cushions.

... if her bed weren't a single, I would just crawl in with her but alas; she sleeps in a child's size bed!
^If the house has a full size bath, could you take your pillow and sleep in that? At least it would be a smooth surface.:)

SCP-087-1

Start a small fire somewhere. The smoke alarm will go off and wake everyone up. Then just say "Woe is me. My mattress appears to have deflated and I'd be ever so happy if someone could fix this".

(Don't actually start a fire)

MollyBeGood

Help.

... now I certainly can't sleep-- not like it was all that likely to begin with, as I'm anxious as all hell but now there's no chance.

Help me pass the time?

Yuck this happened to me in Seattle in a basement at my brothers house on an air mattress-the worst!!! It took me days to recover from that cold-a$$ basement :thumbdown:

Sacrament

Start a small fire somewhere. The smoke alarm will go off and wake everyone up. Then just say "Woe is me. My mattress appears to have deflated and I'd be ever so happy if someone could fix this".

(Don't actually start a fire)

This is the best solution.

theoutsider

Blow up a balloon or paper bag and pop it. When the noise wakes your friend up say, "Holy crap, my mattress just exploded!"