Should I get a dog?

Sinar_Matahari

Yes you should get one. Try and get a really cute one as girls love them, great way to start a conversation.

My dog is a staffie and shes totally adorable
picture.php

Aww! She is totally adorable! I know most people are afraid of Staffies but I think they're really sweet. I know that they make pretty good pets. I have a boxer and everyone is afraid of her for some stupid reason.

Sinar_Matahari

I would recommend you get a dog but not because you're bored. They take a lot of work and dedication so you have to be willing to put in the time and effort. Otherwise, I'd say that you should totally get one. They're awesome! They're always happy to see you come home.

BlackKids

Aww! She is totally adorable! I know most people are afraid of Staffies but I think they're really sweet. I know that they make pretty good pets. I have a boxer and everyone is afraid of her for some stupid reason.

I would be kinda scared of boxers myself. Its just because they are intimating.
As for staffies aslong as they are brought up correctly they are loyal and basically harmless. My dog is such a coward that if someone broke in she wouldnt think twice about leaving me

Last edited:

tucktick

I know its been a long time since this thread was posted, but I did get a dog about six weeks ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Here are few of his pics. :D

Attachments

• SANY0012.jpg
    SANY0012.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 5
  • SANY0003.jpg
    SANY0003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

SingleAloneForever

I think you should get a pig. A minature pig. Take it for walks, surely that'd get some attention, you'd be sure to stand out.

My reponse is a joke one, but I've read that minature pigs do make great pets. They can learn more tricks than dogs, they'll go and do their business in the same spot, and since they have hair and not fur, there's a lesser chance of you or somebody else having an allergic reaction.

Also, when you get sick of him, there's your christmas dinner.

Please note, the above was a very tasteless joke. I love all animals, and I do not condone anybody doing that to a beloved pet.

I hate it on my parents farm, when they would have a steer killed and cut up for meat. Having said that, I still ate some of the cuts anyway.

Damn it, I should just become a vegetarian.

Nack

Banned
I think you should get a pig. A minature pig. Take it for walks, surely that'd get some attention, you'd be sure to stand out.

My reponse is a joke one, but I've read that minature pigs do make great pets. They can learn more tricks than dogs, they'll go and do their business in the same spot, and since they have hair and not fur, there's a lesser chance of you or somebody else having an allergic reaction.

Also, when you get sick of him, there's your christmas dinner.

Please note, the above was a very tasteless joke. I love all animals, and I do not condone anybody doing that to a beloved pet.

I hate it on my parents farm, when they would have a steer killed and cut up for meat. Having said that, I still ate some of the cuts anyway.

Damn it, I should just become a vegetarian.

Ahahahahahaha, that made my day...

mismeek

No, you most certainly shouldn't. Your incentive to get one is wrong.

I agree with klytus.. boredom is NOT a reason to get a dog. Theyre expensive and a lot of work to take care of. I work in a vet clinic and it pisses me off when people come in with a dog and are like " i dont want him anymore because I didnt realize how much work they are" or "I cant afford all these shots and maintenance" People don't seem to understand how EXPENSIVE keeping a dog is! You said youre in college...so i hope you can shell out about 200-300 bucks a year for shots and food.. not inlcluding heartworm prevention, flea meds, and spay/neuter costs.

If you think you can do it...then go for it..but just think it through first.