Should I get a dog?

tucktick

So, I'm thinking of getting a dog. I'm in college, but I don't really have a social life, so when I'm home I'm pretty damn bored. By the way I do love dogs, I basically grew up with ten of them, at my grandpa's farm. So, what do you guys think, should I get one? :confused:

I hope that's a joke, klytus :rolleyes:::p:
As long as you have the time to take care of it, why not? It would provide you with some companionship (unconditional love) and if you take him/her for walks, it could spark attention (the good kind) and conversation with potential friends. :)

Felgen

Dogs make very loyal friends, but they demand a lot of time and attention. That being said, I've never regretted getting one.

BlackKids

Yes you should get one. Try and get a really cute one as girls love them, great way to start a conversation.

My dog is a staffie and shes totally adorable
picture.php

sabbath

Banned
I think a farm is where most dogs belong. People who live in condos and work all day have dogs, why? Dogs need the outdoors, exercise, purpose. Then apartment people walk their dogs and don't clean up after them, is that right?

izzymarie

Definitely! There have actually been studies proven that pets relieve stress. Dogs especially are supposed to make great companions :)

Jake123

Banned
They should make some kind of cat/dog hybrid, with the loyalty of a dog but the cleanliness of a cat.

Though, my cat is pretty loyal and affectionate...

Kinetik

Well oftentimes all it takes to (temporarily) beat anxiety and/or depression is to go for a walk, so in that regard I think a dog is a great way to force yourself outside. It's also a conversation opener, and you'll undoubtedly get random people talking to you because of it. So provided you have the time, means and inclination to look after the dog, I say go for it.

tucktick

Thanks a lot for some really great advice guys, I really appreciate it. I've come to the conclusion, that I will, indeed, get a dog. :)

By the way BLACKIDS, your dog looks super cool :cool:

dream

I love my furbaby! She came in my life when i needed uncontional love & also someone i can talk to with out answering back:) She's the sweetest.Yes, dogs do mke good companions depending on the breed and nature of the dog too.

gsmax5

My dog is the only friend I have left.

The only downside to having a dog is knowing that it will eventually die ::(:::(:::(:::(:

Last edited:

recluse

Dogs make best friends. We have two cats. I would love a dog but sadly i'm too lazy to look after one, i mean with a cat you only have to feed it and they are clean. My favourite breeds of dog are German shepards and Huskies.

The downside of cats is that they mostly aren't very affectionate. The two cats we have now don't sit on our laps like our previous cats did and they don't like to be cuddled.

sabbath

Banned
Sabotage on a downtown street
Police cars overturned
You can't do nothing to beat the heat
And if you don't, you'll get burned

Sleek women behind every door
Cost more than you got
You best be up if
You want some more
Cause if you don't
You'll be shot