Sheep

mrb

I don't think anyone has especially in this day and age the way the world is moving, there are different levels of following the heard, like I said I don't want to Judge everyone. I just get pissed off at people trying to compete with one another with Gimmicks, like new cell phones, why get a new phone when you already have one that does the job it's supposed to do? Phone people. That is sheep mentality.

Other aspects I can accept like for example getting along with people in a group, it's human nature to feel wanted and accepted I don't deny that. I think I didn't explain my first post too clearly haha. :D

i dont compete with anyone as far as moblie phones go :confused: my phone is old , my daughters always want the new phone or the new i pod , i have a i pod but its 2 years old , it works so im ok with it .... i soppose my daughter just likes to show all this new stuff off to her mates :confused: and if daddy meaning me doesnt get it well ........... :rolleyes:

i dont compete with anyone as far as moblie phones go :confused: my phone is old , my daughters always want the new phone or the new i pod , i have a i pod but its 2 years old , it works so im ok with it .... i soppose my daughter just likes to show all this new stuff off to her mates :confused: and if daddy meaning me doesnt get it well ........... :rolleyes:

Exactly, this is why I said it's not everyone. Just CERTAIN aspects of the sheep thing pisses me off, new phone, clothes that are in fashion for about 1 month that people spend retarded prices on etc etc. Or as my previous post stated people that think they are really good in groups of 20 picking on someone by themselves. Not saying your daughter is a sheep, everyone goes through that **** when they are young, just when it continues in the on going society when they get older. It get's worse and worse.

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

My iPod's been going strong for 5 years. I could never imagine replacing it, after all we're been through.::(:

fitftw

yea same here mine has 1441 songs on it , mostly hard cord rave WHOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D

happy hardcore! UK Hardcore!

I don't belong in America lol. I want to live in the UK so I can see Darren Styles and DJ Hixxy and such...

back on topic: we're all sheep BAAAHHHH we're all herded into schools or offices or anywhere just like cattle.

back on topic: we're all sheep BAAAHHHH we're all herded into schools or offices or anywhere just like cattle.

Actually very true. Trying to break away from that is a tough cookie, oh and D&B is better than happy hardcore imo :D

Actually to be honest now I think about it, you can't really say that, it's just how civilization works and how the population works. I was talking about freedom of will not everyday workings of life.

Last edited:

philly2bits

I was at the supermarket today and the fire alarm went off. I walked out of the store thinking there was a fire. As I was walking out I noticed some people looking around like they didn't know what to do and others were oblivious and continued with their shopping.

I waited outside and the only people who were coming out were people who had finished their shopping. I could still hear the alarm going off inside. People didn't seem to care that the store might be on fire.

Who is the sheep in this situation? Was I the sheep for blindly reacting to the alarm or were everyone else the sheep for staying inside?

coyote

I like sheep

But not in that way

Not that there's anything wrong with it

Whatever floats yer boat

petrified eyes

Meek and obedient you follow the leader
down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream.

Sorry, floydian slip. :D

I was at the supermarket today and the fire alarm went off. I walked out of the store thinking there was a fire. As I was walking out I noticed some people looking around like they didn't know what to do and others were oblivious and continued with their shopping.

I waited outside and the only people who were coming out were people who had finished their shopping. I could still hear the alarm going off inside. People didn't seem to care that the store might be on fire.

Who is the sheep in this situation? Was I the sheep for blindly reacting to the alarm or were everyone else the sheep for staying inside?

No you obviously wasn't, I didn't mean to categorize everything, I tried pinning it down to certain points of life as I explained in previous posts before. Little Niggley things that annoy me. Things that are useless everyday society.

Everyday functionality of society is a necessity, you can't put it down to being a sheep imo. But hey.

Last edited:
In extreme cases of this topic, look at WW2, give somebody with little or no power ALOT of power in a group and they become brutal to the extreme, which is what I presented in my previous post with the group of 20 thing. It can escalate and be very dangerous. All SS members always say "I was just following orders".

Christ once said, "You are my flock and I am your Shepard".

Also I'm not relating Christ to the SS, I'm just giving an example, please don't take it the wrong way.

Last edited:
^^^ Have you ever heard of the Milgram experiment?

So justifying almost a whole races extinction by saying deciding what was morally right or wrong was numbed by a sense of fear from authority? Even if you are under constraints you know what is right and wrong under any circumstance.

Mob mentality is scarier than authority.

The experiment can't cover every aspect of authority, there are many different situations that could be related to the Milgram experiment, but an extinction of a whole race is morally wrong, no matter who you are or what you are afraid of.

Last edited:

Tiercel

Also I'm not relating Christ to the SS, I'm just giving an example, please don't take it the wrong way.

That really is too bad. I was this close to finally reading the Holy Bible. But you say it's not another WWII memoir? Oh well....

;)

Honda

Well i take as the following example, if you're watching TV and every 5 minutes there's an AD telling you "buy this phone", "buy this phone", "buy this phone", "buy this phone".... It will just stick in your head and you start thinking should i buy this phone? sounds good?
You get drawn by it..

Usually, people don't like somebody being different or original unless he/she is strong enough to counter the fear of being different or strong enough to crush them and earn her/his own respect... Its not easy...

Last edited:

sanitariumcalls

Christ once said, "You are my flock and I am your Shepard".

The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want...

One of my favorite prayers, very comforting, and I always wish people wouldn't use Christianity in the ways that its a "cult". It's not a cult. Its just that human beings tend to follow that which will keep them elevated, and SAFE.

We are what we make ourselves to be, and if God is your comfort, hey cool, He is all that is Good. But if you find solace in following another's choices or the latest trend, rather than guiding your neighbor and sharing love instead of hate, then so be it... you sheep LMAO

coyote

Well i take as the following example, if you're watching TV and every 5 minutes there's an AD telling you "buy this phone", "buy this phone", "buy this phone", "buy this phone".... It will just stick in your head and you start thinking should i buy this phone? sounds good?
You get drawn by it.....

The best thing on television is an anvil dropped from two stories