Sheep

Why do people have to follow the "crowd", for example buying the latest phone, buying something that's worth $3,000 when it would be worth $1,000 a few months later, going out to get drunk because everyone else is doing it, liking music because somebody else likes it? Insecurity? Scared of being alone or left behind? Or just mentally retarded and can't think for themselves on an individual basis?

Just annoys me that people have a mind and don't think for themselves most of the time, I see it all the time in public. Annoys me to say the least.

Jake123

Banned
24cgzsp.png

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
, I see it all the time in public. Annoys me to say the least.

I'm not saying you're wrong but don't be so quick to judge. Is what people see you as in public an accurate depiction of you?

It's easier to like what everyone else likes. I mean I always hate it when people ask me what kind of music I listen to because it isn't like everyone else then I get self-conscious about what they'll think. It they on going debate, would you rather be blind and popular or a visionary with know friends?Not always the case but...

It's not really judging anyone, It's just when you lose yourself thanks to other people, it can seriously harm someone by them losing their own individual personality in someone else's ideas, justifications and what is right and wrong. Not saying I'm and individual, maybe I am a sheep. But I don't go out in groups of 20 and pick on one person because some 'sheep' feel big in a crowd.

Last edited:
Surely every one is a 'sheep' in one way or another?

True, I suppose it's human nature, to fit in. I'm not judging everyone, just people that NEED to do something or be better than someone else because of an insecurity they have annoy me sometimes. Or people that NEED to feel big in groups of 15 or 20 but crumble when you confront them when they are by themselves. Just my opinion.

Emily_G

I used to want to fit in at whatever costs, now I don't really care all that much. I think maturity and self-esteem have a lot to do with it.

sanitariumcalls

I tried the whole "fitting in" thing... and I didn't like it. Made my anxiety go through the roof and I would get physically ill if I knew I had to go to another club or bar with the girls...

F that crap man, I'm not normal and I prefer it that way... besides, heels and short skirts are NOT comfortable to be in for 5 sweaty hours... I'd rather be able to pay rent, bills, buy food for me and my guy and our cats and have some money left over than buy those over-priced outfits, state of the art cell phones and god awful high heels!

I tried the whole "fitting in" thing... and I didn't like it. Made my anxiety go through the roof and I would get physically ill if I knew I had to go to another club or bar with the girls...

F that crap man, I'm not normal and I prefer it that way... besides, heels and short skirts are NOT comfortable to be in for 5 sweaty hours... I'd rather be able to pay rent, bills, buy food for me and my guy and our cats and have some money left over than buy those over-priced outfits, state of the art cell phones and god awful high heels!

Hahahaha. I agree 100%

N0D

Banned
I didn't mean to insult anyone, I just don't like the fact that some people accept it gracefully. Without thinking.

I'm not insulted, but I don't accept it gracefully. I accept it cynically with a grudge and a frowny face and a desire to kick something. I think it's part of human nature to a certain extent for us to follow the herd. It takes a lot of self dicipline, effort, and insight to not follow the herd. I don't have any of that stuff.

I'm not insulted, but I don't accept it gracefully. I accept it cynically with a grudge and a frowny face and a desire to kick something. I think it's part of human nature to a certain extent for us to follow the herd. It takes a lot of self dicipline, effort, and insight to not follow the herd. I don't have any of that stuff.

I don't think anyone has especially in this day and age the way the world is moving, there are different levels of following the herd, like I said I don't want to Judge everyone. I just get pissed off at people trying to compete with one another with Gimmicks, like new cell phones, why get a new phone when you already have one that does the job it's supposed to do? Phone people. That is sheep mentality.

Other aspects I can accept like for example getting along with people in a group, it's human nature to feel wanted and accepted I don't deny that. I think I didn't explain my first post too clearly haha. :D

Last edited: