Share what you DON'T find as difficult anymore.....

Felgen

I was scared of asking girls out when my anxiety was at it's worst (and as a result, I had never even been on a date before the age of 19). It's no longer that hard.

Emily_G

Talking to strangers, ordering food at a restarant, making a phone call/answering the phone. I'm not saying I am totally fine 100% of the time...but these things are much better than they used to be.

EscapeArtist

This is a great forum idea. Emily, I'm both envious and happy to hear of somebody improving in such a main area!

For me, ordering things on the phone. Not as afraid of showing that i'm sad or happy. Uhhhhrr... That's about it. I have gotten worse so i'm surprised i've imrpoved at anything.

Luthien

I can now cook food, clean the house, and mow the lawn, just general everyday things. It doesn't really seem like much, but a year ago, I was completely crippled by fear. I couldn't do normal everyday things (even cook for myself) because if the slightest thing went wrong I would start to panic and cry and totally break down.

black-wings

I have found getting out and going to social events is not as hard anymore. When I started college, I stayed in my dorm all the time and I couldnt even look people in the face without having nervous moments. Now, its nothing to me anymore.

M1tCh

Banned
Posting on this forum.
Driving (Good call, midnight)
Eye contact
Making phone calls
Eating onions (in the context of soup)

jools

When i first joined here i had just moved house and was feeling really bad. The neighbours scared me so much i would do anything to avoid them. Now i say Hello to them, all that worry for nothing.

LaLaLa

boring list.

buying food and toiletries
eating in public
eating with parents
walking to the library and just being there in general
having people see me online all the time (don't really care if they figure that I have no life)
walking past people
waking up early
taking people less seriously
showering everyday
hating myself less (still working on it)
using public toilets
letting go of certain thoughts

lyricalliaisons

I can now go to the movies & I never used to be able to do that before. I've only been doing it for about a year, but I could have never done it before then.

It's a little easier for me to "talk" to people online than it used to be.

I can take pictures with my cell phone while I'm outside sometimes now. I used to be too afraid to do that.

I think there's a little more, but I can't remember what it is.

da_illest101

I got a lot better at making eye contact, share my opinion a lot more. Actually tell ppl about how i live my life without being ashame of it

NinjaLikesToast

I would say I have made some progress participating on forums and other websites like LA.

For the longest time, I would not participate at all because I felt like it would just be getting in the way of everyone else talking :S

dottie

taking classes.

it is interesting though because i've found i still heavily rely on my coping strategy to get through it. my coping strategy is to sit on an aisle seat near the door so i can make a discreet escape if i feel panic. i recently attended a group meeting where there was only one open chair available at the very front of the room, farthest away from the door, right next to the speaker where everyone at a long business table was facing. major anxiety!!!

Bama_Heath

I used to get embarrassed and blush a lot. It was bad, like really bad. My face would get hot like a 1,000 suns and would break out in red blotches. I would have to go soak my face in cold water to try and cool off. I would apply cortisone to the blotches to get them to go away. Then suddenly this stopped occurring and I don't fully understand why. This might not be helpful because I have no answer or cure for why it stopped other than it just did. I will still blush from time to time but it is normal blushing. The regular kind of blushing that could happen to anybody. So for people who blush really bad, I guess I am trying to say there is hope.