Select the best treatment to get rid of SAD

Select a treatment you think is the best to get rid of SAD

• Total voters

Dj SL

Select one, and we'll see the results of what people thinks about the treatments to cure SAD :)

Kiwong

I think you are missing some options there Dj SL.

Relaxation techniques and mindfullness
Diet and nutrition.

The above two are what have helped me. I've tried CBT, but as yet I haven't found it to be effective.

mmmm

I chose "do what you like to do" because I have noticed that taking the pressure off myself is a good way to relax the old anxiety muscle. It has also been a useful step in the self acceptance process.

hoddesdon

Not wanting to be negative, but not everyone has tried everything, so you can only choose something you have tried. Different things work for different people.

Sinar_Matahari

I believe that a combination of all the above can help overcome social phobia, but since we didn't have the option of multiple choices, I voted CBT since it's helped me overcome most of my problems.

I chose CBT, but I also think it should be done with exercise, Social Skills training (if needed) and Exposure therapy (Which I think is a method used in CBT if I'm not mistaken.) Doing CBT but none of the other three I think wouldn't be very productive.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
I believe that a combination of all the above can help overcome social phobia, but since we didn't have the option of multiple choices, I voted CBT since it's helped me overcome most of my problems.

Yup ditto

I've only done exercise and exposure therapy oh and do what you like to do which involves getting trashed on alcohol, that helps too. So, I chose exposure therapy which helps the most.

Sinar_Matahari

..... oh and do what you like to do which involves getting trashed on alcohol, that helps too...

LOL I'll drink to that. Let me say that I DO NOT recommend binge drinking to overcome SA. However, when I first started going out a few years back, getting plastered did help until I eventually started drinking less and less and began to feel comfortable in social settings without the aid of alcoholic beverages.
Alcohol abuse/dependency is not uncommon among people with anxiety disorders and I caution others to tread carefully.

Mind fulness (Acceptance first....;))
CBT (changing your thoughts patterns, way of thinking)
Exposure therapy (Facing your fears, get used to the situation)

=Very Effective

+Social Skills training can be very useful

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Mind fulness (Acceptance first....;))
CBT (changing your thoughts patterns, way of thinking)
Exposure therapy (Facing your fears, get used to the situation)

=Very Effective

+Social Skills training can be very useful

Yup... depending on your SA level; it's not one thing. CBT for your thoughts/thinking, and exposure for EXPERIENCE, setting CBT in action, applying, facing.

Luke1993

Well looking at all of those, I think the one that would help me the most would be social skills training, I need that really bad lol.