Scientology is here

Some crazy quotes from L. Ron Hubbard

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them." - L. Ron Hubbard, "Off the Time Track," lecture of June 1952, excerpted in JOURNAL OF SCIENTOLOGY issue 18-G, reprinted in TECHNICAL VOLUMES OF DIANETICS & SCIENTOLOGY, vol. 1, p. 418

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is." - L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949; quoted by Eshbach in OVER MY SHOULDER: REFLECTIONS ON A SCIENCE FICTION ERA, Donald M. Grant Publisher. 1983

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March 1972, MS OEC 384

"Let's sell these people a piece of blue sky." - L. Ron Hubbard to an associate in 1950, soon after the opening of the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation. (via Jon Atack, A PIECE OF BLUE SKY: SCIENTOLOGY, DIANETICS AND L. RON HUBBARD EXPOSED, Lyle Stuart/Carol Publishing Group. 1990)

"Somebody some day will say 'this is illegal.' By then be sure the orgs [Scientology organizations] say what is legal or not." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

"If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization, always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. Peace is bought with an exchange of advantage, so make the advantage and then settle. Don't ever defend. Always attack. Don't ever do nothing. Unexpected attacks in the rear of the enemy's front ranks work best." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, "Department of Governmental Affairs", 15 Aug 1960

"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly." - L. Ron Hubbard, A MANUAL ON THE DISSEMINATION OF MATERIAL, 1955

"When somebody enrols, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe - never permit an 'open-minded' approach... If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard they're here on the same terms as the rest of us - win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half minded about being Scientologists... When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare. The proper instruction attitude is, 'We'd rather have you dead than incapable.'" - L. Ron Hubbard, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING, 7 February 1965, reissued 27 August 1980

I was in Boulder and I had a bad experience with scientologists... I'm terrified of them now.

They have two effects -- They can either pull you in, or you can see for yourself how silly it all is. You should be proud that you escaped them, they play dirty tricks to keep you in.

It would be nice to get rid of the advertisement -- but I don't think it's possible, it's all linked in with Google Adsense, so the forum owner doesn't have much control. Unless I'm wrong? Could an admin look into it?

klytus

Those are valuable pieces of advice, actually. :p

There is a simple way to rid yourself off of these ads. "AdBlock Plus" for Firefox works like a charm.

philly2bits

It would be nice to get rid of the advertisement -- but I don't think it's possible, it's all linked in with Google Adsense, so the forum owner doesn't have much control. Unless I'm wrong? Could an admin look into it?

Like others have mentioned Adblock for firefox works. I don't see any of the ads on this site at all because of it. I don't know if other browsers have any equivalents.

mrb

saw tom cruise talking about it on tv hes 1 of them ........ and i think he made himself look quite stupid , he said if there was a car crash and lots of people were there , the only person that could really do anything would be a person that has studied Scientology , like what the hell is that sopposed to mean ........

Last edited:

Honda

Id rather follow my judgment than let a religion tell me how to do things in life.. No offense, "God gave me a brain for a reason.."

philly2bits

I think there are also programs that will keep the advertisers from knowing you are viewing the ad, in a sense you won't count and you don't add money to there pockets. I don't know much about how that kind of stuff works though.

Nicholas

I have something like adblock for firefox too (noscript), but I allowed some scripts from google by mistake, and I saw that ad.
The problem is not whether I see it or not, the problem is that I found it kind of creepy that such an ad was here on a forum like this.

This is taken from the Wikipedia article:
The Way to Happiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Director-general of the Israeli Center for Cult Victims Ayelet Kedem described the organization as a front group for Scientology: "Hiding behind a front organization is a common tactic ... The idea is to create a positive image by obscuring the connection with Scientology ... Later, people who undergo free workshops are convinced that they must correct flaws in their personality by taking Scientology courses. Those who are hooked end up giving all their possessions to the Church of Scientology"

Anyway, I see you guys are smart enough... you need no warnings :D

hippiechild

Re: You're Fired

Hippie, what the hell. That all sounds wonderful, and so scientology it is not.
:D

Fired?! I think not! What do paperclips have to do with Scientology? Well, we're always looking for them, some for our whole lives! Some aren't even sure what it is that they're looking for, but trust me, it's totally paperclips. Roast beef and music, these are both vitally important to our mortal existence. What else to fill the chasm of unexplainable emptiness? Music for the soul and broiled beast for the belly.
(flirting and trampolines just sounded cool)
anyway.. the searching and yearning can only be quelled by the expelling of our Body Thetans!

But really, I guess Scientology has always been so far removed from my reality that it's impossible to take seriously. How can I not love a purported religion that's about aliens on aeroplanes, exploding planets, volcanoes, spirits, and nuclear bombs!?
Sounds like one hell of an elaborate science fiction novel...oh wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1RaKWS6jb4

Last edited:
The ads are in full force today - just noting my disapproval, even though I know you cannot remove the ads.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15248

-The Competitive Ad Filter enables you to block specific ads, such as competitors' ads, from appearing on your pages. Entering a more general URL will block a wider range of ads; entering a more specific URL will block a smaller range of ads. For example, by entering a top-level domain such as "example.co.uk", you will also block all ads that link to any sub-directories of that domain, like "forums.example.co.uk".-

Last edited:

dreamqueen

any kind of groups where they try to change/transform the way you think are cults

The landmark forum; this is a FINE example of a type of Scientology cult. iv been to their seminars, there is some GREAT info and helpful tips but these things drag you in and they wont let you go. they will ring you everyday, beg for your money, tell you how unhappy you are and they will install your trust in them by manipulating you...perfect for people who are vulnerable or people who are unsure of themselves. its expensive as hell, and always will cost you more and more money. and what they teach you are things children know better than adults.. anyone here could benefit from it

Landmark Education: Seminars, Courses & Landmark Forum
^ their website

http://www.rickross.com/reference/landmark/landmarkvisitor.html
^scam stories

Last edited: