Scientology is here

Nicholas

Hey guys,
I don't know why I'm writing this or where this should go, but I felt like starting a thread :D
I just saw a weird advertisement on the main page of SPW. It basically says that if you are tired of people telling you you are worthless, you should ignore them and... follow the way to happiness dot org. I don't even know anything about Scientology, but that smelled like that kind of stuff, and guess what, it's a Scientology related website.

Do I have anything against Scientology? Probably. But this doesn't matter now. I just wanted to write this...

Last edited:

Noca

Banned
I looked at that site and it isnt Scientology nor any other religious organization, just a non-profit organization to help improve our society.

I’ve seen the banner a couple of times now, and I find it extremely disturbing that Scientology rubbish has appeared on these forums. They like to take advantage of valuable people -- especially those who suffer with social anxiety. I don’t want people finding their way into the cult, as I’ve read some horrific stories about suicides within it. L. Ron Hubbard; the founder of the cult, has been quoted saying ‘If you want to make money, start a religion.’ Keep well away people. They are just a money making corporation masquerading as a religion.

YouTube - Scientology: Inside the Cult

-- Scientology Teachings about Space Aliens

What, exactly, does Scientology say about space aliens?

In the materials for OT III (Operating Thetan level 3), L. Ron Hubbard writes that, 75 million years ago, the head of the Galactic Federation, made up of 76 planets, was a being named Xenu. Faced with an overpopulation problem, he brought beings to this planet, blew them up with hydrogen bombs, and packaged them. Their spirits now infest our bodies: he says "One's body is a mass of individual thetans stuck to oneself or to the body." Scientologists at this level try to rid themselves of these thetans (spirits) by helping each one to remember the painful experiences of being blown up like that.

There are other Scientology teachings that relate to space aliens. The book "Have You Lived Before This Life?", described in Scientology advertisements as "a cold-blooded account of your last years", contains dozens of case histories of memories experienced by Scientologists, some of which include adventures in outer space.

Even the glossary in Scientology's What Is Scientology? contains a definition for the phrase " space opera", which, according to Scientology, relates to periods on "the whole track" (that is, our whole history, going back through many lives and millions of years), and it contains "space travel, spaceships, spacemen" and so on. -- As I said, they believe in some crazy stuff. Oh, and the founder was a Sci-Fi writer.

Scientology Lies | Scientology Lies

Noca

Banned
-- Scientology Teachings about Space Aliens

What, exactly, does Scientology say about space aliens?

In the materials for OT III (Operating Thetan level 3), L. Ron Hubbard writes that, 75 million years ago, the head of the Galactic Federation, made up of 76 planets, was a being named Xenu. Faced with an overpopulation problem, he brought beings to this planet, blew them up with hydrogen bombs, and packaged them. Their spirits now infest our bodies: he says "One's body is a mass of individual thetans stuck to oneself or to the body." Scientologists at this level try to rid themselves of these thetans (spirits) by helping each one to remember the painful experiences of being blown up like that.

There are other Scientology teachings that relate to space aliens. The book "Have You Lived Before This Life?", described in Scientology advertisements as "a cold-blooded account of your last years", contains dozens of case histories of memories experienced by Scientologists, some of which include adventures in outer space.

Even the glossary in Scientology's What Is Scientology? contains a definition for the phrase " space opera", which, according to Scientology, relates to periods on "the whole track" (that is, our whole history, going back through many lives and millions of years), and it contains "space travel, spaceships, spacemen" and so on. -- As I said, they believe in some crazy stuff. Oh, and the founder was a Sci-Fi writer.

Scientology Lies | Scientology Lies

Only someone as stupid as Tom Cruise could believe this lol, but really I read over this happiness site and its not scientology.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Fortunately, I'm not into any cult/religion. From what I've seen, those things make people delusional.

Only someone as stupid as Tom Cruise could believe this lol, but really I read over this happiness site and its not scientology.

You need to look in the F.A.Q -- It's sort of a front for Scientology.

--Who is the author of the book?
The Way to Happiness book was written by L. Ron Hubbard.--

Last edited:

Noca

Banned
You need to look in the F.A.Q -- It's sort of a front for Scientology.

--Who is the author of the book?
The Way to Happiness book was written by L. Ron Hubbard.--

Well it doesnt state any of the lunacy that I usually hear from Scientology. All the stuff they said on the site is common sense that I would never pay for. It doesnt say anything about aliens or religion or a church.

Well it doesnt state any of the lunacy that I usually hear from Scientology. All the stuff they said on the site is common sense that I would never pay for. It doesnt say anything about aliens or religion or a church.

That's because you have to be in a high enough level to access that information. They don't openly admit it, because they like to profit from those naive enough to pay to reach each level. If you believe it's good sound-advice, then why wouldn't you pay for it? After all, you don't think it's Scientology. Plus, the book promotes Scientology, after you've read, it has you hooked.

Last edited:

Noca

Banned
That's because you have to be in a high enough level to access that information. They don't openly admit it, because they like to profit from those naive enough to pay to reach each level. If you believe it's good sound-advice, then why wouldn't you pay for it? After all, you don't think it's Scientology. Plus, the book promotes Scientology, after you've read, it has you hooked.

Ah, thanks for explaining it all. My rule is i never pay for anything on the internet anyways and its worked for me thus far. ;)

Ah, thanks for explaining it all. My rule is i never pay for anything on the internet anyways and its worked for me thus far. ;)

No problem -- I just hate to see cults take advantage -- sorry if I come on as strong. Admittedly, instead of joining Scientology, you could just buy some self help books; no strings attached, and it won't dint your bank account. Well, that depends on how many you buy. :)

Last edited:

hidingfromtheworld

scientology is a made up bunch of crap from the worlds biggest nut job l.ron hubbard. these people are bullies,they ae dangerous,and they rob you blind. if you already have emotional problems it is very important that you avoid these people. Although they will say they are just what you need to cure your emotional problems. Do your research ,please. I am not surprised that its on here because i hear advertisements on the radio and t.v. for scientology..simply put...a control cult who is backed by the gov because they want a new world order also..they are tax free and go under the guise of a religion,,i can assure you that they have nothing to do with God!...

hidingfromtheworld

i dont think you are wrong at all for posting this. its frightening that they [the scientologists] are preying on people on sites like this one. i think we cant be too harsh about warning others. these scientologist are expert at business/manipulation and its a complete lack of morals/ethics to think they would work through a site like this. im just appalled to hear this. thank you.

i dont think you are wrong at all for posting this. its frightening that they [the scientologists] are preying on people on sites like this one. i think we cant be too harsh about warning others. these scientologist are expert at business/manipulation and its a complete lack of morals/ethics to think they would work through a site like this. im just appalled to hear this. thank you.

I dislike all religions, and I hate the fact that the government throws some of our tax money at them. But I have to say that I hate the Church of Scientology with a passion. It's now what Christianity was back 2000 years ago, I fear that in another 2000 years Scientology will be rooted in everything, maybe more than any other religion. After all, it's goal isn't wellbeing, but that of profit and power. It's creepy.

Last edited:
Mmmm Predators

I am so sick of seeing those scientology ads on tv. The "truth" ones. I hate the fact that they are really well made ads, and you have no idea what they're about until it flashes the words scientology.org at the end of the commercial. Then it's like what the fuсk, are you serious?

klytus

Re: Mmmm Predators

I am so sick of seeing those scientology ads on tv. The "truth" ones. I hate the fact that they are really well made ads, and you have no idea what they're about until it flashes the words scientology.org at the end of the commercial. Then it's like what the fuсk, are you serious?

Hm. Indeed. I had a look at them on YouTube. They are impressively well made.

hoddesdon

I saw a reference to dianetics, which is associated with Scientology, on the page in question. Talking about happiness, and self-improvement, is how they suck people in. So that page may appear not to be associated with Scientology, but it is nonetheless.

Who is responsible for the advertising? A complaint should be addressed to them, rather than just discussing it.

Shift

I was in Boulder and I had a bad experience with scientologists... I'm terrified of them now.