SA among SA

johnny 85

People may even be sillier here then they would anywhere else. They may feel comfortable here to be themselves, or more themselves anyway.

thats how i feel tbh. i know we all suffer from the same thing , i dont tink id be judged on this site, so im able to act my self to some extent !!

Yes, yes, yes indeed, I feel this way as well. I joined this site 6 months ago, and it took me until about 1 month ago to build up the nerve to actually post anything because everyone already seemed so comfortable with their own groups and friends, I just didn't see how I could fit in anywhere.

I still get extremely nervous every time I post anything, and even when I do it's just a song or something random. I'm too afraid to put myself out there and actually connect with others and be social...It's just not something I'm good at. I hoped that by joining this site that I would improve, but so far this is not appearing to be the case.

I'm not too bothered though...I've always known I was terrible at making friends in real life, and I was not delusional enough to believe that the internet would make things different. I don't even think I would be comfortable having a lot of friends anyway, I've always been an outsider and that's become my comfort zone.

(That being said, I do enjoy the silliness and jokes that go on here, even if I'm not part of it. So carry on, I'll just be the creep lurking in the shadows...)

:)

U

userremoved

For a long time now, I've felt as if the only way to even be noticed on this site is to participate in some of the mindless, off topic banter that has nothing to do with the purpose of this site. This site actually reminds me of high school (which I barely escaped), and I wholeheartedly agree with you, Megalon. More and more, it's beginning to be quite aggravating. I posted some really inspirational documentaries that changed my life, hoping they could do the same for someone else in my position, considering that we are all suffering - absolutely ZERO responses. Meanwhile, other topics about shoe laces (I don't know) are readily added on the 'hot topics' list. It's not necessarily jealously on my part, but bewilderment and confusion. As someone said, I suppose we all deal in our own ways, but seriously. I find myself participating in some of the zaniness, while I'm actually incredibly reserved and quiet by nature - I really shouldn't do that anymore (change), as I once did that in high school just to fit in.

I don't mean for this to offend anyone, but this is how I feel, and this thread caused it to surface.

Yeah this is kinda like high school now that I think about it. And now I'm officially freaked out lol. The sad thing is I always looked at you as part of the "in" crowd. ::(:

Sometimes it's like we are background noise - even online. I understand about the crowd thing, when I first joined this site there was a certain bunch of people who talked, and now it's a different crowd. I think it depends on how much you post, and if you have a really cool avatar with a nice personality. :)

Something I don't understand: Why does veggiebasket have 98 posts with a title and jneal25 who has 268 posts have no title? Just curious how the title system works. :)

Last edited:

lyricalliaisons

I feel the same. I have made some friends from forums like these, but I still feel out of place even on them. I feel out of the loop-- like there's something going on that I don't know about & should know about, just like I've always felt in real life. I also have SA when people who have SA online talk to me, but it's no where near as bad as offline. Sometimes, I avoid logging in to sites, just because I worry someone's going to talk to me because I'm just not in the mood for it, & just can't mentally handle it. It's why I rarely sign into MSN. There are lots of messages that I've never replied to, even though I feel bad about it, just because I'm too anxious about it.

206Raider

Ehh who doesn't but internet is anonymous. I can say I used to watch little house on the praire and don't have to worry about the backlash hahaha

feel out of the loop-- like there's something going on that I don't know about & should know about, just like I've always felt in real life.

ha tell me about it. I've felt that way since like day 1 of my life. Sometimes more intensely so than other times. I've always felt like this monster peering into the windows of society and trying to mimic those humans, but always failing to capture some elusive quality that makes my mimicry genuine.

Yeah, as I said a bit above, this site just feels different to me. Everything feels like an online nightclub, with a sprinkle of seriousness. I guess this site has different meanings to everybody, but I'm not too big on clubbing.

I'm pretty sick of it...

Last edited:
feel out of the loop-- like there's something going on that I don't know about & should know about, just like I've always felt in real life.
ha tell me about it. I've felt that way since like day 1 of my life. Sometimes more intensely so than other times. I've always felt like this monster peering into the windows of society and trying to mimic those humans, but always failing to capture some elusive quality that makes my mimicry genuine.

yep yep yep, definitely out of the loop

Alyosha

This really is a good thread. I force myself to post because I'm so tired of feeling like I am a spectator. I also feel guilty because I don't think I have anything important to say. Even though this is online I still fear being rejected but if I don't force myself to post I will never be able to make friends with the people on here. It really doesn't matter if I write something or write nothing I'm still going to feel like An outsider...but it always helps when someone comments on something I write. I guess it just makes me feel significant.

Krista

This really is a good thread. I force myself to post because I'm so tired of feeling like I am a spectator. I also feel guilty because I don't think I have anything important to say. Even though this is online I still fear being rejected but if I don't force myself to post I will never be able to make friends with the people on here. It really doesn't matter if I write something or write nothing I'm still going to feel like An outsider...but it always helps when someone comments on something I write. I guess it just makes me feel significant.

I've always enjoyed the posts I've read from you :) Pushing yourself to talk helps because we can't get to know you better if you don't want us to, but it's all at your own pace. Do what's comfortable for you and if no one likes it, they just don't matter. No one here will reject you and I know that's a big fear for everyone, we all have SA. I have to force myself to talk some days but I'm grateful to the people that give me the time of day and everyone here will do the same for you as well, dear.

spendogz

LOL but not really that funny. More like SAS (sad as ****)

I can relate to this feeling COMPLETELY!

People already telling me my avatar is creepy and that I hurt someone else's feelings. Instantly I got that feeling like I'm not fitting in and people don't like me. What a mess I am. But apparantly I'm not alone.

WE'RE NOT ALONE, NONE OF US, ONLY INSIDE OUR HEADS.

Krista

People already telling me my avatar is creepy and that I hurt someone else's feelings. Instantly I got that feeling like I'm not fitting in and people don't like me. What a mess I am. But apparantly I'm not alone.

For the record, I found your avatar moving and I didn't mean to make you feel bad with that post but I was raising awareness that someone's feelings could have got hurt.

206Raider

Oh no man, your cool, I didn't really mind your avi, just everytime I saw it at first it creeped me out, but your cool. I like your posts