Running out of Time

Does anyone every feel like as if they are running out of time? Or as if there is a unknown, but daunting deadline hanging over their heads? Even there's no real reason to feel like that?

Because I always feel as if there not enough time in a day. Making me rush things, and giving me this awful feeling of regret when I do something that isn't necessarily 'productive'. (Productive meaning working on getting over social anxieties).

It often causes me to skip meals, hydration, personal hygiene and frankly, most things I consider fun.

Anyone else relate to this?.. Or am I just an neurotic, filthy, procrastinator? :rolleyes:

coyote

Does anyone every feel like as if they are running out of time? Or as if there is a unknown, but daunting deadline hanging over their heads? Even there's no real reason to feel like that?

Because I always feel as if there not enough time in a day. Making me rush things, and giving me this awful feeling of regret when I do something that isn't necessarily 'productive'. (Productive meaning working on getting over social anxieties).

It often causes me to skip meals, hydration, personal hygiene and frankly, most things I consider fun.

Anyone else relate to this?.. Or am I just an neurotic, filthy, procrastinator? :rolleyes:

I feel exactly the same way most of the time.

And yet I continue to avoid and procrastinate - getting nothing done.

This just makes it all feel worse, and makes me hate myself even more....

....as it spirals furiously out of control....

Ignace

Yeah, I always had the feeling: I'm 17, I got a whole life ahead of me. But these days I always think: Howly crap, I'm 17, 18 in just 5 months. School's almost over .. I hope then life really starts for me.

Fighter86

Once I was 18 as well, and always thought I had plenty of time, but the years passed by and now, I'm furiously making up for lost time by doubling my efforts.

recluse

I feel exactly the same way, that feeling of 'life passing you by'. I feel that everything is so time consuming when i could be making an effort to go out there and meet people. I feel that the older i get the faster time seems to go by.

Time is on your side

Not at all. I feel as if I have all the time in the world, which I really do, and nothing to do with it. Time kills me. I need to find ways to pass the time because I'm always so freaking bored. I have a hard time trying to find ways to get the day to end!

mrb

im busy most of the time , prob just as well i get board very quickly ....... in fact im board now :confused: and iv only just got in from a boot sale and doing my shopping ... see what i mean iv like been sitting here for 30 seconds and im board already :rolleyes:

EgoZero

Yeah, I feel like I have tons of stuff to do and need to be productive in everything so I'm kind of workaholic, but also I can be a huge procrastinator and when these two traits collide nothing good happens.

Ravens

I can safely say I've been feeling the passage of time move more quickly as time has gone on...

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

I relate to this.

Rembrandt Broam

I'm sort of the opposite really. I procrastinate and tell myself that there's plenty of time. My real fear is that one day I will realise that this is no longer the case. :eek:

EscapeArtist

Yes yes and yes! I didn't even fully realize it until now. Maybe because I'm a perfectionist, yet i'm doing nothing because i'm afraid it will be imperfect, the perfectionist in me is still screaming "Get off your lazy ass! what the hell man!". Plus I always, always think in the future, and i'm beginning to realize that the life i'm living now could be my future. I had a lot of hopes and dreams for the future that were keeping me alive.. Auuuuurg the pressure of thinking right now is the last chance for fulfillment

EasySkankin

Yeah, I do feel the same way, but I'm a little more relaxed about it.

You guys have to relax... accept what you can accomplish however "quickly" you can... you'll move faster that way than regretting over not going as fast as you can... because in reality, if you think about it you are going as fast as you possibly can... be glad happy about it. The only reason not to be happy about it, is if you were doing nothing about it at all.

You know... that's kind of strange for me I find. When I was a conscript, I was five or six times more efficient than when I'm alone with no one to scream at me...

Maybe I should get married.. haha.. kidding, kidding... :p

iamthenra

I feel this way about dating, and finding a marriage partner. The only thing I can compare this feeling I get is to a biological clock, now that I am going to be 42 in a few weeks, the older I get the more this "clock" screams at me to get going and find someone.... Anyone.... But then I start to think that I have gone this long without someone for a reason. The reason is I have SA and depression... It isn't much fun being around someone who is depressed, and is clearly showing signs of SA... Then I start feeling even more depressed because I am defeated.... and I loose hope. Without hope, I have nothing left to hold on to. Then my life becomes a worthless existence, in my opinion. I have no meaning without someone, all is lost.