Random questions

iwanttogetbetter

Just wondering has anyone been approach numerous of times by mormons? you know the people who preach about god. or jahovahs witnesses? just in the street and approach you and talk to you. Out everyone they could approach your always the one the choose. Being social phobics its harder to be rude and say piss off to them and they know it i think.. ive been approach 5 times this year.

Sinar_Matahari

They scare me. Both Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses. One a few occasions, I've told them (Jehova Witnesses at my door) that I was Jewish or a Satanist. They usually don't know what to say and leave you alone after that. You should try it next time they approach you and end with a "Hail Satan!" and salute.

Hell, some Southern Baptists, Catholics and Muslims scare me too. Anyone who exhibits religious fervor scare me. I've just had bad experiences with Mormons in particular. All of the ones I've met were mean, phony, and very judgemental. I'm not saying that all of them are going to be this way.

I once saw two Jehova Witnesses staring at a baby bunny rabbit that had somehow found it's way in the middle of the road. The bunny seemed injured or in distress and they just stood there smiling this creepy smile as they watched the bunny. I thought they wanted to help. You know, at least pick it up and get it out of the road. Being the good, caring Christians they are, they just left the bunny in the middle of the road. So I took off my coat and carried it home. It turns out that it was blind. I took care of it but it died a few days later :(

Thelema

Just act more religious than them. Pick up your Bible and then go on to draw connections with the end time and how you've worked out that later that week the World will end. Then show them your bunker and ask them to show up before Saturday. Also throw in some talking in tongues.

iwanttogetbetter

Just act more religious than them. Pick up your Bible and then go on to draw connections with the end time and how you've worked out that later that week the World will end. Then show them your bunker and ask them to show up before Saturday. Also throw in some talking in tongues.
You have a very wild imagination.

Jewish or a Satanist.
No that doesnt work....you talk to them about anything religious they will carry on about questions about why you worship that and why you should follow this etc....

They can smell your fear!
Yeah they usually appear when im really anxious so i cant fight back with smart ass remarks.

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

no i have a pretty mean lookin face at time so i just use it when they start coming towards me, and the just walk right past hahaha

Danfalc

Banned
ive been approach 5 times this year.

This might not be the most fair comparison lmao,but with them going door to door and stuff,they remind me of travel insurance people.They deal with the general public alot,so they can probaly tell who is going to actualy listen to them by body language and stuff.

I find it hard when they do door to door because I dont like to be rude but sometimes they take politeness for intrest.I think you just have to be forcefull in telling them you arnt intrested,your right though I tried saying I worshiped satan and they just thought I needed saving even more!

Thought when I used to live in my old flat,my mates were drunk and decided it would be funny to tell them I prefered male company for a joke lol.I dont think they did knock on that day.

Queen_Of_Pain

This might not be the most fair comparison lmao,but with them going door to door and stuff,they remind me of travel insurance people.They deal with the general public alot,so they can probaly tell who is going to actualy listen to them by body language and stuff.

I find it hard when they do door to door because I dont like to be rude but sometimes they take politeness for intrest.I think you just have to be forcefull in telling them you arnt intrested,your right though I tried saying I worshiped satan and they just thought I needed saving even more!

Thought when I used to live in my old flat,my mates were drunk and decided it would be funny to tell them I prefered male company for a joke lol.I dont think they did knock on that day.

I agree with the body language thing and about being forceful.

I don't really get approached by religious people lol, but I do always get approached by those annoying clip-board people. I used to find it most intimidating as I was walking along minding my own business and then one of them suddenly tries to box you in, takes charge and comes at you with a clip-board full of useless information. :eek:
Now whenever that happens I deal with it, either by looking straight ahead and walking fast, or saying i'm late to get somewhere, or..
"Excuse me may I have a moment of your time to-"
"NO!" *doof*
lol :D

Sinar_Matahari

No that doesnt work....you talk to them about anything religious they will carry on about questions about why you worship that and why you should follow this etc....

I swear it has worked for me. Most probably don't want to be offensive. What are they going to say? "Judaism is not the right path. Have you ever considered converting?"

Openly telling them that you're a Satanist is just going to throw them off their game. You can then start smelling them, sniffing their hair and the air around them. They will probably leave you alone. I know I would.

Lonelykitsune

Never been approached by one,dont ven think there are any round my area.but i did once stroll into a baptist chruch ireland hut at a festival by accident once whn looking for free food(thy had buns)

Mikefly

yes actually a mormon visits me weekly or every other week for the last two months. He comes in sits down and reads passages from the bible to me than asked me to read a few paragraphs, he stays for like 15-20 mins. I'm not mormon or even religious for that matter but i do have a spiritual side and i take the good out of these meetings and learn somethings. Also i get to practice reading and talking infront of him and i have SA practice.

Harleyq

I swear it has worked for me. Most probably don't want to be offensive. What are they going to say? "Judaism is not the right path. Have you ever considered converting?"

Openly telling them that you're a Satanist is just going to throw them off their game. You can then start smelling them, sniffing their hair and the air around them. They will probably leave you alone. I know I would.

LOL! I think that's hilarious but at the same time, kinda mean. I think I'd only do that to someone if I had the guts to and if the person was trying to mess with me. I wouldn't do that to an innocent person. And because they HAVE to do that door-to-door stuff according to their religion/parents/family, you never know which one of those kids might have SA like us.

Sinar_Matahari

LOL! I think that's hilarious but at the same time, kinda mean. I think I'd only do that to someone if I had the guts to and if the person was trying to mess with me. I wouldn't do that to an innocent person. And because they HAVE to do that door-to-door stuff according to their religion/parents/family, you never know which one of those kids might have SA like us.

I do agree with your point. I don't harass people. I'm saying this should be done to people who really don't take "no" for an answer. I have to give JWs credit. They truly stand by their beliefs. Not to mention it takes a lot of courage to walk up to people or walk from door to door proseletyzing. I wish I were so sure and confident. lol They must be aware that not all people are going to be be open or friendly.

Sinar_Matahari

yes actually a mormon visits me weekly or every other week for the last two months. He comes in sits down and reads passages from the bible to me than asked me to read a few paragraphs, he stays for like 15-20 mins. I'm not mormon or even religious for that matter but i do have a spiritual side and i take the good out of these meetings and learn somethings. Also i get to practice reading and talking infront of him and i have SA practice.

That's really awesome. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Christianity can have a positive purpose.