Quitting my job, but there is a catch

da_illest101

So yesterday I called my job to tell them that I'm quitting and they told me that I have to come, drop my security card and do a quitting enterview and fill up papers.

Now I understand the security card, but do they really expect me to get enterviewed and filled up some papers when I'm leaving? It's about an hour trip to get there, I don't even feel like going to begin with. I feel like I'm just gonna go, give my card to a manager and run to the exit lol.

What would you do?

WeirdyMcGee

I suppose the interview is just protocol... and they'll probably just ask you a couple of questions that you don't even have to answer in detail.

If it's an hour away and you have to go in to drop off your security card; I'd probably just go into the interview anyways.
Who wants to drive an hour just to run in for 10 seconds and then drive an hour back?
haha

Agent_Violet

You should probably just do what they ask. If you ever hope to use them as a reference for other jobs, the best thing to do is cooperate and not burn bridges.

psych

What she said... ^

Hopefully it'll be over quick.
Treat them like the police, be polite and answer questions without volunteering any real information. (feelings about the place, grievances) Short and sweet, then you can get on with your life. :)

dyingtolive

i love the idea of exit interviews cause i usually have a lot to say. its ur chance to speak ur mind... if u have anything to say... about how to improve the company or why it sucked for u.

Valhalla

On the bright side, now you can settle some office romances/conflicts. Bring a sword and some flowers?

Hope this will end without any trouble, and that you'll find something else to do.

Silatuyok

So yesterday I called my job to tell them that I'm quitting and they told me that I have to come, drop my security card and do a quitting enterview and fill up papers.

Now I understand the security card, but do they really expect me to get enterviewed and filled up some papers when I'm leaving? It's about an hour trip to get there, I don't even feel like going to begin with. I feel like I'm just gonna go, give my card to a manager and run to the exit lol.

What would you do?

If I thought it was going to be too awkward, I would probably mail in my badge, or something extremely passive like that. But that's not necessarily what I would recommend in this case.

coyote

What would you do?

play by the rules - or you might not get your final pay check

da_illest101

On the bright side, now you can settle some office romances/conflicts. Bring a sword and some flowers?

Hope this will end without any trouble, and that you'll find something else to do.

Anyone I could have loved already left that place a long time ago, I would bring a swprd though lol.

I have another job, but i'm injured so I'm taking some time off

market.garden

I'd go in if I was in your position. Like everyone else has said, you'll get a reference and won't burn any bridges if you go in. Just treat it as one final day in the office - you'll be done and out before you know it.