Question for the guys.

A Many Splendored Thing

There is a point where it's too much. I can understand being chubby and be attracted to them.

I don't know how some people can get so big though(very few should have such a problem with weight that they can't keep it off). My worst diet only gets me into the moderate obesity range, which I can quickly curtail if I want to.

planetweirdo

Let's suppose you are approached by a really nice, non-judgemental girl. She's sweet and caring, treats you nicely, understands you... but is either chubby or overweight. Would you date her anyway or discard her as a possible partner?

I'm merely curious.

To me personally it would not matter if she is overweight. I really would prefer a overweight women who is sweet and caring, over a women that looks like a supermodel that is not.

I think that the whole "guys don't like overweight girls" thing is a myth that has been generated by the media. TV and movies give the impression that skinny "perfect" looking women are the only type of women that guys are attracted to. But in real life you don't have to look very hard to find chubby women with boyfriends/ husbands.

There are guys that would not date an overweight women. But there still are plenty of guys that would.

Last edited:

MikeyC

your pics
I missed pics of Hellhound? :sad:

I think that a few extra kilos doesn't hurt. It does depend on what you like in a girl. I personally prefer fit girls, but I have been attracted to larger women, too.

My friend's sister is obese (she's obsessed with energy drinks), but I've told him that she's cute. ::p:

MikeyC

I don't know how some people can get so big though(very few should have such a problem with weight that they can't keep it off). My worst diet only gets me into the moderate obesity range, which I can quickly curtail if I want to.
Different metabolisms, pure apathy, mental problems, eating disorders, media propaganda...all valid reasons why someone could get very big.

I really would prefer a overweight women who is sweet and caring, over a women that looks like a supermodel that is not.
This is basically as true as it gets. I've seen very beautiful women - like, 9/10 types - with the worst personalities, and that's made them unattractive on the outside, too.

Personality counts!

Flanscho

Depends on how much weight there is.

I don't really care about that. But if it would be so much, that there would be a lot we couldn't do together (have a long walk, bike, go swimming, walk through the forest and so on and so on) then that would be both depressing (because I like sharing those activities) and I'd be constantly worried about her health.

Let's suppose you are approached by a really nice, non-judgemental girl. She's sweet and caring, treats you nicely, understands you... but is either chubby or overweight. Would you date her anyway or discard her as a possible partner?

I'm merely curious.

I'd date her. "Nice, non-judgmental, sweet, caring, understanding, treats me nice"? I'd totally date her!

dannyboy65

If she treated me like a real person I wouldn't care I would go on a date with her if she made me happy that is all that matters