Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Nathália

Just signed back up for college classes, the classes I was marked as failing and wasn't allowed to make up work in due to being on Active Duty orders are still up in the air at this point of being changed to either withdraws or incompletes. Financial aid is also alarmingly still up in the air and nothing seems to be a certainty. Sad thing about college is it seems more direct a bureaucracy than what I am forced to deal with in the Army. I don't expect anything to go well here, but I hope it works out, so I can get back in school already! I think I am so angry at myself in the past for my issues with procrastination and video game addiction that I shouldn't have this problem this semester and hopefully never again. I haven't played a video game since hurricane Sandy hit New York (I still had internet, but I have been angry at myself for being so bloody dependent on it to feel good about myself or anything in life; but I come back to the realisation I am almost 23 years old, have accomplished nothing with my life and my future looks VERY bleak right now unless I can change it. When you have a VERY bad past that includes being homeless as a child and I look at that and my future and the future seems worse, you know there is a serious problem with that.

I am a college drop out back and it and I had a conversation with a girl in my class and she dropped out two and is back at it. It's okay to be defeated sometimes, life is a story with twist and sharp turns.

The fear that you have can work in your favor, by being a source of motivation. Every time you slack off think about the future. Maybe even start to reward yourself because it can be very tough to finish a higher education.

Procrastination is a like a disease and can be hard to find the cure.

Roman Legion

I am a college drop out back and it and I had a conversation with a girl in my class and she dropped out two and is back at it. It's okay to be defeated sometimes, life is a story with twist and sharp turns.

The fear that you have can work in your favor, by being a source of motivation. Every time you slack off think about the future. Maybe even start to reward yourself because it can be very tough to finish a higher education.

Procrastination is a like a disease and can be hard to find the cure.

My procrastination was only amplified by my addiction to video games, my addiction to video games came from the fact I had nothing in life that felt good and the instant gratification of games filled it too well.

Lea

Banned
I sometimes wonder how are the "people you might know chosen". I understand friends of friends, but sometimes there are completely unknown people.

Roman Legion

I sometimes wonder how are the "people you might know chosen". I understand friends of friends, but sometimes there are completely unknown people.

Just random chance happenings. Nothing happens for a reason, but your actions and inactions carry the possibility of infinte outcomes.

coyote

i think it's interesting how i frequently get friend requests from beautiful, young, provocatively dressed women i've never heard of. they often have hundreds of "friends" (all male) and have only had their profile on facebook for a few hours

i understand that it's a whole scam - what i don't understand is how they got my name

Beatmetrics

What type of guy would make YOU drive an hr to his place at night in an area your not familiar with and then have some preconceived notions that your going to stay over his place. Someone who sees you as single and lonely and thinks just because of that it would be easy to get with someone...sometimes i just get so dissappointed with males. Your words are so tender and caring yet your concideration when it actually comes to doing things is completely out the window. And you wonder why i keep cancelling on you.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
i think it's interesting how i frequently get friend requests from beautiful, young, provocatively dressed women i've never heard of. they often have hundreds of "friends" (all male) and have only had their profile on facebook for a few hours

i understand that it's a whole scam - what i don't understand is how they got my name

Really? I don´t get any friend requests from strangers and if I did, I wouldn´t accept them. Because it´s obvious why else would they want to be a friend with me other than scam purposes.

Roman Legion

What type of guy would make YOU drive an hr to his place at night in an area your not familiar with and then have some preconceived notions that your going to stay over his place. Someone who sees you as single and lonely and thinks just because of that it would be easy to get with someone...sometimes i just get so dissappointed with males. Your words are so tender and caring yet your concideration when it actually comes to doing things is completely out the window. And you wonder why i keep cancelling on you.

You're just finding the masses of males to be ass(Can I say that on SPW?)holes. I find the masses of females to be avarice, clingy and single minded. The problem is the masses regardless of gender are twats and it isn't at all you. Humanity just sucks!

Nathália

You're just finding the masses of males to be ass(Can I say that on SPW?)holes. I find the masses of females to be avarice, clingy and single minded. The problem is the masses regardless of gender are twats and it isn't at all you. Humanity just sucks!

This sounds like the start of a controlling/abusive relationship. Really I think it does, avoid ignorant behavior like this. He saw you as single and lonely and tried to make you drive an hour to his place at night in some neighborhood you know nothing about, that seems like a manipulator.

Gaucho

my avoidance personality disorder is killing me. always feeling the need to fell "safe" and not trying to meet new people. if i continue like this i will die alone. i have to stop isolating myself
i will change things drastically from now on.

riche'lle

first of all i'm 45 years old been working on my job for 14 years.over the years i have seen alot of ppl come and go ,but my mgr seems to hire alot of young ladies i say that lightly .i'm the kind of person i stay to myself ,i don't bother anyone ,and honestly i don't want nobody bothering me.i notice how one young lady talks about all her so- call friends and then smiles in their face .i stepped back thought to myself now i know why i haven't allowed myself to get close to her at all.how do you deal with these type of young ladies i was also told that when a person talks about someone behind their back and smile in that person face they will do the same to you.i honestly go into work stay to myself when it's time to leave i leave i don't talk about my personal business because work and home is separate

I've calculated by what male/female household inhabitants ratio leaving the seat up becomes acceptable.

Let's safely assume all members of a household urinate twice a day and defecate once a day. For calculation reasons let's also assume that the toilet is cleaned properly and well maintained. Sit is motive for leaving the seat down, stand is motive for leaving it up.

♀ = I = 2x = sit
♀ = II = 1x = sit

♂ = I = 2x = stand
♂ = II = 1x = sit

1x♂ + 1x♀ = 4 sit/2 stand [♂ 50% / ♀ 50%]

2x♂ + 1x♀ = 5 sit/4 stand [♂ 66,66% / ♀ 33,33%]

3x♂ + 1x♀ = 6 sit/6 stand [♂ 75% / ♀ 25%]

Mathematically it's most fair (for all household members) to put the seat down, unless the the amount of males in the household is equal to or greater than 75%.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
I've calculated by what male/female household inhabitants ratio leaving the seat up becomes acceptable.

Let's safely assume all members of a household urinate twice a day and defecate once a day.
Sit is motive for leaving the seat down, stand is motive for leaving it up.

♀ = I = 2x = sit
♀ = II = 1x = sit

♂ = I = 2x = stand
♂ = II = 1x = sit

1x♂ + 1x♀ = 4 sit/2 stand [♂ 50% / ♀ 50%]

2x♂ + 1x♀ = 5 sit/4 stand [♂ 66,66% / ♀ 33,33%]

3x♂ + 1x♀ = 6 sit/6 stand [♂ 75% / ♀ 25%]

Mathematically it's most fair (for all household members) to put the seat down, unless the the amount of males in the household is equal to or greater than 75%.

I hate when the seat is down and I am a female.

I don´t want to sit on it because it´s dirty. I have unlearned it long ago. I guess it´s my cleanliness obsession.

Ah, okay. I see. That brings up some interesting variables. Tolerance for germs and hygienic maintenance.

I also have some mental discomfort using toilets, but only when it isn't my own. Mostly because I can't be sure just how well it's cleaned and how frequent. I wonder to how many people this forms a note worthy issue.

Last edited:

Nathália

Ah, okay. I see. That brings up some interesting variables. Tolerance for germs and hygienic maintenance.

I have also have some mental discomfort using a toilet, but only when it isn't my own. Mostly because I can't be sure just how well it's cleaned and how frequent. I wonder to how many people this forms a note worthy issue.

I hate sitting on public toilets too. Many times I see a little pee on the seat, just no no no. I thank goodness when there are toilet covers provided.
I don't know how not to sit as a female.

coyote

for me, it has nothing to do with the seat - it's the lid

leaving the lid up is like leaving a cabinet door open

or leaving a desk drawer open

when i finish with something, i close it

i can't understand people leaving doors and drawers and lids open everywhere