Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

Where did you get a Pico from? Being an early 90's product it would seem they'd be difficult to obtain.

Only one more shift to go and then two days off. I can't wait! I want this to be over.

Nathália

I've been knocked out for one day, now I have to rush to get my work done. :mad: I took a pill last night and I didn't really wake up until tonight. It cured my lack of getting sleep that's for sure :). I feel rested for once.

MikeyC

That sounds worrying. :confused: Did something happen Mikey?
Long story short, I was pulled over doing 96 in a 70 zone. That would've been the end of my license but I just happen to know the guys in Highway Patrol and he let me off. Coincidentally it was the exact same guy who pulled me over on Australia Day, if anyone remembers that horror story.

I will never learn. Nobody to blame except me.

Long story short, I was pulled over doing 96 in a 70 zone. That would've been the end of my license but I just happen to know the guys in Highway Patrol and he let me off. Coincidentally it was the exact same guy who pulled me over on Australia Day, if anyone remembers that horror story.

Everyone does things they regret later, they're just different things for different people. Don't be too hard on yourself ok.:)

MikeyC

Everyone does things they regret later, they're just different things for different people. Don't be too hard on yourself ok.:)
I wasn't in a good mood to begin with so that has pulled me down another peg or two. The only reason I have my license and not paying a massive fine is because I knew the cop.

I know I shouldn't try to be too hard on myself, but it's difficult.

I wasn't in a good mood to begin with so that has pulled me down another peg or two. The only reason I have my license and not paying a massive fine is because I knew the cop.

I know I shouldn't try to be too hard on myself, but it's difficult.

Sometimes it takes a near-disaster to learn a lesson. While we should always pay attention ideally, driving is one of those concentration demanding things that slip your mind once in a while. A dangerous mix of habit, strict rules and high risks.

Next time when on the road you'll probably think back to the shock you had when you could have potentially lost your license and pull your foot back a little.

MikeyC

Sometimes it takes a near-disaster to learn a lesson. While we should always pay attention ideally, driving is one of those concentration demanding things that slip your mind once in a while. A dangerous mix of habit, strict rules and high risks.

Next time when on the road you'll probably think back to the shock you had when you could have potentially lost your license and pull your foot back a little.
Thing is I nearly lost my license in January from the same offense. I wonder if I'll actually learn? I hope I do. I definitely need to think of this situation if I want to stop speeding because my heart was seriously thumping out its hardest pumps ever. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Thing is I nearly lost my license in January from the same offense. I wonder if I'll actually learn? I hope I do. I definitely need to think of this situation if I want to stop speeding because my heart was seriously thumping out its hardest pumps ever. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

I think you'll learn. For me personally I usually have to make the same mistake twice when it regards a hardcore habit. Since you know how easy it is to speed unconsciously, you could try to semi-neurotically monitor speed for a while. Sometimes forced activity translates to new habits. :3

MikeyC

I think you'll learn. For me personally I usually have to make the same mistake twice when it regards a hardcore habit. Since you know how easy it is to speed unconsciously, you could try to semi-neurotically monitor speed for a while. Sometimes forced activity translates to new habits. :3
I know it's a habit, so being more aware of what I'm doing should probably be the go. It's time to curb my lead foot for a lighter touch. I hope I remember this when I'm driving upset or depressed.

I know it's a habit, so being more aware of what I'm doing should probably be the go. It's time to curb my lead foot for a lighter touch. I hope I remember this when I'm driving upset or depressed.

Either that, or you could buy a jetfighter on Ebay.

Probably more difficult to park, though.

WeirdyMcGee

Where did you get a Pico from? Being an early 90's product it would seem they'd be difficult to obtain.

That's what I thought-- but there's a surplus of them in town somewhere, apparently.
I'm waiting for an email back with an address... sounds kinda shady, now that I think about it. Address isn't public- selling a fairly rare commodity 'new in box' for 15 dollars... but who would draw people in to murder them using a freakin' Pico?! Right? Am I... right? I'm right, right?

...oh, well. If I don't come back one day, it's because I went to get a Pico and was murdered.

coyote

i was impressed at first, until i did the conversion to american speed

that would only be 59 mph in a 45 mph zone

barely enough to get pulled over for, let alone lose your license over

you're being too hard on yourself, dude

mistakes happen, it's very difficult to judge those differences at that speed without practically staring at the speedometer the whole time

upndwn

I'm feeling pretty lonely right now. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood when I go to the pianobar later this evening.