Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Well, I was kind of geared to figuring out why my port forward for RDP to my main system wasn't working. I didn't expect the trouble to solved in 5min. I am just too bloody efficient.

Last edited:
^ Still got snow up there?

I'm wondering when Music Choice's Stage & Screen channel is going to stop playing instrumental music (though I love it) and kick in to some Broadway (because I really love it).

I don't think that's weird at all. More interesting, really. :3
Any particular reason why, though? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

There are too many reasons to list them all.
But just one of the reasons is that I have never really ever felt safe. If I came back as a male, I would hit the gym as soon as I was old enough and build up a substantial musular physique so that I could at least have a chance of defending myself physically throughout life.

But just one of the reasons is that I have never really ever felt safe. If I came back as a male, I would hit the gym as soon as I was old enough and build up a substantial musular physique so that I could at least have a chance of defending myself physically throughout life.

Or at the very least build up a appearance that makes clear that you're not to be messed with in the first place. I kinda understand that.

But when it comes down to defense, pure mass isn't always the best to go. Depending on how you strike makes all the difference. Namely, it lies in understanding the momentum energy involved, and how you can manipulate that energy in conjunction with pressures- and pivot points to get the desired result.

Have you ever considered to study these things (reading books or otherwise), so that, all other reasons you want to be male aside, you at least feel physically safe?

Rembrandt Broam

It can actually be the case that having that kind of physique can attract exactly the kind of attention you're probably looking to avoid. I used to know a guy who was rather powerfully built (I don't think he worked out excessively; he was just that way genetically) and he would sometimes get guys trying to pick fights just to prove how tough they were.

I occasionally wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated as a beautiful woman, but to be honest I don't think I should be entrusted with that kind of power. I'd just abuse it. ;)

I don't know about reincarnation to male. Males have their troubles much like Females have theirs. Both sides seem to rank high their troubles as being more than the others. If we remove the two divided we're left with humans that have troubles.

Puma has a point, too. Self defense, feeling protected, not always built large is safest. And not always does one need to resort to physical defense to have defense. Believe it or not, a calming, for lack of better word, aura is a pretty good defense.

AGR

It can actually be the case that having that kind of physique can attract exactly the kind of attention you're probably looking to avoid. I used to know a guy who was rather powerfully built (I don't think he worked out excessively; he was just that way genetically) and he would sometimes get guys trying to pick fights just to prove how tough they were.

I was just going to post this,women are susceptible to horrors like rape, beatings,domestic violence and etc, but I would think guys run a much more risk of getting in trouble,fights etc,and in some places young men mortality are really high,its ****ty to both genders.

I'm quite glad. I've been looking for a good BSG game for a while now, and the recently released Battlestar Galactica online was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately it's immediately ruined by the amount of lag there is (due to it being a browser game). :C

Hope they release a downloadable client soon so it runs more efficient.

Rose_Red

I'm feeling rather content about myself lately.
I've started my new vegan diet and I'm changing my entire lifestyle.

I've also decided to start up a video blog on youtube about my progress on my recovery of SA, someone suggested I do it, so I might actually give it a go. It'll also give an insight to people who know me what I go through. Also another confidence booster, since that sort of thing scares me.
On that note,
I've also had alot of people on facebook talking to me, they know about my social anxiety (not my ocd or anything else though), and I realise more people than I had imagined actually want to be my friend. I don't know what to feel about this, because alot of people have given up on me, fair enough, but alot of people are telling me things I wish I knew earlier. I never knew people actually liked me.
So I'm going to try make friends with these people again. It's going to be hard, but at least I know where I stand with which people and after my status post I think people are treating me a little differently, the ones who saw it anyway.

On my mind also, I've finally found out the difference between sunblock and sunscreen.
I feel like a complete idiot now.
It's so obvious what the difference is now that I actually know.