Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a women come into the restaurant wearing leggings...I'd have a tidy sum of money.
It just really gets on my last nerve.

As a woman who is currently wearing leggings, I feel compelled to ask why? Is it because they're not real pants?

Hot_Tamale

As a woman who is currently wearing leggings, I feel compelled to ask why? Is it because they're not real pants?
No, I don't think it's that. If a women wears leggings because she is working out and exercising then in my opinion, fine. But attractive women wearing leggings come in all the time with their boyfriends. Leggings are a tight fitting garment that accentuates a womens curves and I think it makes single men out there jealous and I think it makes overweight women feel ashamed of themselves when they see an attractive women showing off their bodies in pants like these. I'm a little ashamed for feeling this way and emphasis on "I think" because I don't truly know what other people are thinking...but if a male came into the restaurant wearing a tiny shirt with six pack abs and arms the size of my neck I would feel ashamed about my body. What if the tables were turned?

I stand with women when they say they're not sex objects, they have the same rights as men, deserve to be treated the same way and should not be sexually harrassed in public or the workplace. But if women will say those things and then wear form-fitting clothing that will turn men's heads for the wrong reasons...it's hypocritical to me.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a women come into the restaurant wearing leggings...I'd have a tidy sum of money.
It just really gets on my last nerve.

It's a popular fad. But it also helps women to look slimmer, lift their butt, or whatever to look sexier. What young woman doesn't want that? Of course it helps if the woman has a slim figure already.

Hot_Tamale

It's a popular fad. But it also helps women to look slimmer, lift their butt, or whatever to look sexier. What young woman doesn't want that? Of course it helps if the woman has a slim figure already.
For all I know everything I wrote in reply to Sarah_M could be wrong and the unpopular opinion, I'm never going to say I'm 100% right and no one will ever change my mind. I could just be bitter towards others and have a tainted point of view on the world from the years I've spent alone...I'm not a psychiatrist.

Last edited:
No, I don't think it's that. If a women wears leggings because she is working out and exercising then in my opinion, fine. But attractive women wearing leggings come in all the time with their boyfriends. Leggings are a tight fitting garment that accentuates a womens curves and I think it makes single men out there jealous and I think it makes overweight women feel ashamed of themselves when they see an attractive women showing off their bodies in pants like these. I'm a little ashamed for feeling this way and emphasis on "I think" because I don't truly know what other people are thinking...but if a male came into the restaurant wearing a tiny shirt with six pack abs and arms the size of my neck I would feel ashamed about my body. What if the tables were turned?

I stand with women when they say they're not sex objects, they have the same rights as men, deserve to be treated the same way and should not be sexually harrassed in public or the workplace. But if women will say those things and then wear form-fitting clothing that will turn men's heads for the wrong reasons...it's hypocritical to me.
Hmm, I suppose I never thought of it that way before. I would have to agree with theslowesthand and say that it's a popular fad. I wear them because they are very comfortable, look cute with boots and, as a formerly obese person (I have lost 90lbs from my heaviest weight), it feels good to wear something form fitting after being sentenced to baggy clothes for what felt like forever. I worked really hard to get where I am (not just physically, but mentally too), so I enjoy showing off my body. As I get in better shape, I will probably end up showing more. Crucify me if you want, but that's just how I feel *shrug*.

Hot_Tamale

Hmm, I suppose I never thought of it that way before. I would have to agree with theslowesthand and say that it's a popular fad. I wear them because they are very comfortable, look cute with boots and, as a formerly obese person (I have lost 90lbs from my heaviest weight), it feels good to wear something form fitting after being sentenced to baggy clothes for what felt like forever. I worked really hard to get where I am (not just physically, but mentally too), so I enjoy showing off my body. As I get in better shape, I will probably end up showing more. Crucify me if you want, but that's just how I feel *shrug*.
Hmm...well, thank you. I feel better and less annoyed knowing some of the reasons why people wear them.

AtTheGates

Banned
My subconscious at 18: Get you shіt together...

My subconscious at 25: Get you shіt together...

My subconscious at 33: Get you shіt together...

My subconscious at 41: Get you shіt together...

I'v been getting this since around age 18 as well. Getting my shit together is vital.

im half-way there!

ok well maybe like 1/4 of the way there...

Kind of.....

Hot_Tamale

I studied for my exam for 4.5 months...now it's less than 12 hours away. My butterflies are turning into killer bees in my stomach. I hope I don't throw up all over the keyboard tomorrow.

Hot_Tamale

The minimum passing score for my exam was 70% on each section (2 sections). I got a 70 exactly on one, so I passed that part. I got a 73 on the other part....did I pass? NO!! Because according to the results it was "weighted" which means some questions that I answered correctly didn't count towards the final score.....which is by design but I'm still f*cking pissed and depressed I wasted all that time studying for nothing.

At least I only have to pay to take one section again and not both.

Hot_Tamale

It gets even better...

After my exam I stumble around the testing center parking lot to find my truck. I begin to get scared and wonder if it was stolen or towed but I finally find it.
I go to a restaurant afterwards and the employees there short me the milkshake that I paid for 10 minutes earlier. And while I'm sitting down I get a random text from a stranger. It turns out I somehow accidentally dialed a wrong number earlier in the day when I haven't called a person all day long.

And my right hand is stained with black marker from the test....oops.
I shouldn't have woken up today. Not kidding.

My subconscious at 18: Get your shіt together...

My subconscious at 25: Get your shіt together...

My subconscious at 33: Get your shіt together...

My subconscious at 41: Get your shіt together...
Though with age I have started to think....

What if the "shit" that the system dictates we "should" be doing in our lives - that all of its inhabitants are obligated to achieve - is only a load of manipulated, BS propaganda.
And it is only enforced on everyone for the sole benefit of those who make the rules we all are supposed to live by?

So this "shit" that we are brought up believing is the be all and end all, of what our lives should end up as.....WHY is there a "one size fits all" expectation on every person, when we are all born with different personalities and natures?

What if the "shit" we are forced to "get together" is screwed up.
What if we are just examples of the normal variations that nature has created as part of of the whole human race.
Our "variation" just doesn't happen to "fit" into the very selective, narrow idea of what everyone should aspire to.

Why should the multiple, different human "shapes" have to mould themselves to fit inside the one, "round hole"?

It's simply not fair for all of us that are not born "round". :sad: