Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I dont know the song contents so cant say if they suit or not, but I can see these three being song titles, though they sound like country song titles to me.

To put those titles in context, they're mostly electronic music instrumentals I'm composing at moment. Oh, and throw together a Lynyrd Skynard/Tom Petty style rock instrumental cuz, well... boredom. And used the Long Road Home title, since it suited the tone of what I'd wrote.

But, according to my oldest sister: "The title doesnae exactly huv tae match the music yer writing" :eek:h: Urrgh! :kickingmyself: Sound logic, there, huh? But my argument about how song titles can't be that just plucked at random, and had to suit the music was just laughed off as stupid. A random title is fine as far working titles go, mind you. And she took issues when I said: "You're no putting much thought into these titles, are ye? That hus'nae even got a minute into it and..."

Last edited:

Graeme1988

It's shite having to guide yerself through life, essentially parenting yerself. Since neither of yer actual parents gave enough f**ks about ye to do that themselves. :sad: Which is effectively their job. Constantly having to learn from stupid, avoidable mistakes. :kickingmyself:

I went to see the college counselor as well as the financial aid person today; I qualify for the max amount for the Pell Grant, so my entire first year of prerequisites are completely paid for. The counselor mapped out my courses and I will need 2 years worth of prerequisites at the community college in order to transfer to a 4 year college. I am applying for a scholarship, but the process was held up by missing information. I spent 5 hours answering scholarship questions after work and went to bed at 1:20 am yesterday.

I'm exhausted today, but I am really excited/nervous to get the ball rolling on my life. I just hope my answers were good enough. I have been told that there's a certain presence about me or "light" - the financial aid lady said if it came across in my writing, I would definitely get a scholarship.

In other news: what the **** is happening on the east coast/midwest to make people want to move where I live? I seriously see SO many out of state license plates now. I know it's summer and people are traveling, but this has been a regular occurrence. My new neighbors are from Pennsylvania - I know the west coast is the best coast, but is something happening there?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I don't like working. I know people say "well if you liked it wouldn't be work!" and all that, but, well, really it's not the work, I just keep finding myself hating having to be around certain people that I just don't like, people who being around makes me unhappy. And I know it is me failing to be positive and look past certain things and stay cool and keep my composure. For a while it's been getting harder and harder for me.

I unfortunately can't just not work. I worry that if I found another job that the same problem would just continue to exist, just with different people. I'd love a job without any people, but if one exists that I'm qualified for I haven't found it. And maybe still I would find a way to hate that too.

I've been trying to get myself to the career center near me, but I haven't figured out exactly what to say. I don't think going in and saying "Hey! I'm introverted to the point that I would like to go days without talking to anyone else, and on top of that have been known to go through bouts of depression, leaving me with significantly less motivation and energy than usual. Should I even bother apply, or are they just gonna start lining up outside my door?" I know I have strengths and things I can do well, but, finding a place where they can thrive in spite of my weaknesses leaves me feeling hopeless about the whole matter, making my current job feel all the much more awful with no end in sight.

I worry that if I found another job that the same problem would just continue to exist, just with different people.
Sadly that is very true. :sad:

I'd love a job without any people...
Me too!
That would be heaven on earth, right there.
Or to be the boss of my own business so I could only hire other introverts. Then the staff would just do their jobs and leave me alone. We could all just communicate with emails. :bigsmile:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Sadly that is very true. :sad:

Me too!
Or to be the boss of my own business so I could only hire other introverts. Then the staff would just do their jobs and leave me alone. We could all just communicate with emails. :bigsmile:

If you started a business I'd happily apply to be one of your employees :D

I did a while ago read through a thread on indeed about jobs for "people who don't like people" and the one that stood out was a medical coder, I'm considering that more than anything right now, but it'd require going back to school, and working my current job for another year

Here's the thread if anyone's interested though: https://www.indeed.com/forum/gen/Career-Advice/Careers-people-don-t-like-people/t167829

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Me too!

So, when do I start? :bigsmile: That's my ideal job right there. :thumbup: Hire me, give me stuff to do, and leave me to get on with it. Perfect!

And, as much as I'd love to be my own boss, telling folk what to do hasn't exactly worked out well for me up to this point. :idontknow:

Last edited:
I'm making great strides get out of this house. There was this service my mom and grandmother signed me up for about seven years ago, that distributes affordable housing to local citizens. The waiting list was five years - and i had all but forgot about it.

Yesterday I took a look at the offers on the site, and it's actually within my price range. Offers range to single room, kitchen, bathroom and storage space. So no grand luxury, but I don't care. Basic function and silence is the only luxury I need.

I applied to the place I saw, and am currently the seventh in line.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm making great strides get out of this house. There was this service my mom and grandmother signed me up for about seven years ago, that distributes affordable housing to local citizens. The waiting list was five years - and i had all but forgot about it.

Yesterday I took a look at the offers on the site, and it's actually within my price range. Offers range to single room, kitchen, bathroom and storage space. So no grand luxury, but I don't care. Basic function and silence is the only luxury I need.

I applied to the place I saw, and am currently the seventh in line.

That is awesome Puma :thumbup:

Buy new clothes or do laundry?
If you normally have a shower, instead next time fill up your bath, almost to the top, then just throw in a few days dirty clothes and jump in yourself. Then make sure you move around a lot while you're soaping up and scrubbing yourself clean.

Then after you have dried yourself, roughly hand-ring the clothes so they are not dripping and lay them over the side of the bath to dry. :thumbup: ::p:

That's the 'I am too depressed to do the laundry' way to get some fresh clothes to wear. :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
If you normally have a shower, instead next time fill up your bath, almost to the top, then just throw in a few days dirty clothes and jump in yourself. Then make sure you move around a lot while you're soaping up and scrubbing yourself clean.

Then after you have dried yourself, roughly hand-ring the clothes so they are not dripping and lay them over the side of the bath to dry. :thumbup: ::p:

That's the 'I am too depressed to do the laundry' way to get some fresh clothes to wear. :)

Blue's Clues. :D