Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

singing-love

Is this from when you hit your head? How is that doing anyway?

Yep, the physical things have healed, no more bruises or swelling, thankfully! Although i am sporting a nice oval scar on my forehead now which is slightly irritating but oh well. Not really sure what's happening internally though, still constant headaches and pain, so i have to undergo some testing on my brain, hopefully it comes back okay.

Yep, the physical things have healed, no more bruises or swelling, thankfully! Although i am sporting a nice oval scar on my forehead now which is slightly irritating but oh well. Not really sure what's happening internally though, still constant headaches and pain, so i have to undergo some testing on my brain, hopefully it comes back okay.

I'm so sorry. I hope it all turns out good. Please keep us informed.

Ever notice how smells can bring back memories and feelings? It smells like summer here, smells like trees and the lake and fresh rain combined with humidity. In all of that it brought back some great memories for me. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic :confused:

Lavinialuna

Ever notice how smells can bring back memories and feelings? It smells like summer here, smells like trees and the lake and fresh rain combined with humidity. In all of that it brought back some great memories for me. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic :confused:

I've noticed the same thing. Seems smells can bring back memories with more vigor than words (for me anyway.) The most interesting one's are the smells that trigger an emotion that is unattached to a conscious memory (like I smell that, then I feel happy). That ever happen to you?

nodejesque

Last night I HAD to go to the local pharmacy (Walgreens), because I was out of mouthwash. So, I went late... to avoid going when there are many people shopping. I felt like crap, had huge dark circles under my eyes, was in old yoga pants and old ripped t-shirt, and no make up, my hair looked like some kind of nest... But the plan is to be in and out...

I mean, surely I must be the only one who needs something at 3am. NOT! I saw three people that recognized me. I was absolutely freaking out. I tried to just avoid eye contact.. And leave. I figured, I'll just leave and comeback tomorrow. But the first person (whom had just finished paying) sees me and yells, as soon as I turn to leave (Marisol!? Is that you?!) Gaaaaah. Whyyyyyy. Why do people do that? I was obviously running away.

So, I had to turn around and do the awkward fake conversation... "Oh, hi... how have you been? Blah blah blah... Oh yeah, call me blah blah blah" and since she was buying Tylenol for her child, she asked if I was shopping at that ungodly hour for my children. Then, I have to say... nope. Single and no kids, (then, because I am hyper aware that I look like a hot mess... I start laughing this horrible nervous laugh). Ugh, so after exchanging numbers with someone whom I never plan on calling... I decide, I might as well get my mouthwash.

Of course, I get to the oral hygiene aisle.... And there is a guy and a girl whom I used to work with (they're now married). So, again... I try to avoid eye contact and pretend I don't see them.... But no. They can't take a subtle hint. I get "Maria? No... karina? Wait...." So I look at them, and say... nope, it's Marisol. (We worked together for three years. No more six years ago. So, I think they just insulated me by acting like they didn't know my name... But I am not sure, so I am a lil confused... should I be snarky and sarcastic? Or maybe they really don't remember?)
After talking about his toothache and how expensive orajel is... they give me their number, and we exchange fake happiness at seeing each other. I excuse myself, grab the mouthwash and orajel for my fake boyfriend whom is waiting for me at home... So I must hurry.

Siiigh. I didn't want to lie. But seriously, I am tired of the looks I get from happily married people or those whom are in a happy relationship wen I say I am single. Because they ALWAYS ask. So I lied.

It was a fraking crappy night, to say the least.

I've noticed the same thing. Seems smells can bring back memories with more vigor than words (for me anyway.) The most interesting one's are the smells that trigger an emotion that is unattached to a conscious memory (like I smell that, then I feel happy). That ever happen to you?

That happened last night. I could smell the lake from work. BANG! Instant feel-betterness! :D

Last night I HAD to go to the local pharmacy (Walgreens), because I was out of mouthwash. So, I went late... to avoid going when there are many people shopping. I felt like crap, had huge dark circles under my eyes, was in old yoga pants and old ripped t-shirt, and no make up, my hair looked like some kind of nest... But the plan is to be in and out...

I mean, surely I must be the only one who needs something at 3am. NOT! I saw three people that recognized me. I was absolutely freaking out. I tried to just avoid eye contact.. And leave. I figured, I'll just leave and comeback tomorrow. But the first person (whom had just finished paying) sees me and yells, as soon as I turn to leave (Marisol!? Is that you?!) Gaaaaah. Whyyyyyy. Why do people do that? I was obviously running away.

So, I had to turn around and do the awkward fake conversation... "Oh, hi... how have you been? Blah blah blah... Oh yeah, call me blah blah blah" and since she was buying Tylenol for her child, she asked if I was shopping at that ungodly hour for my children. Then, I have to say... nope. Single and no kids, (then, because I am hyper aware that I look like a hot mess... I start laughing this horrible nervous laugh). Ugh, so after exchanging numbers with someone whom I never plan on calling... I decide, I might as well get my mouthwash.

Of course, I get to the oral hygiene aisle.... And there is a guy and a girl whom I used to work with (they're now married). So, again... I try to avoid eye contact and pretend I don't see them.... But no. They can't take a subtle hint. I get "Maria? No... karina? Wait...." So I look at them, and say... nope, it's Marisol. (We worked together for three years. No more six years ago. So, I think they just insulated me by acting like they didn't know my name... But I am not sure, so I am a lil confused... should I be snarky and sarcastic? Or maybe they really don't remember?)
After talking about his toothache and how expensive orajel is... they give me their number, and we exchange fake happiness at seeing each other. I excuse myself, grab the mouthwash and orajel for my fake boyfriend whom is waiting for me at home... So I must hurry.

Siiigh. I didn't want to lie. But seriously, I am tired of the looks I get from happily married people or those whom are in a happy relationship wen I say I am single. Because they ALWAYS ask. So I lied.

It was a fraking crappy night, to say the least.

I hate situations and questions like that. Always when you think you won't see anybody. Ugh. I'm sorry.

Panthagon

This happens all the time for me. The problem is, in my vivid dreams, I can smell my surroundings. And then if I smell the same thing in real life, I get confused over whether I'm remembering something real or not... Like one time I had a dream about baking with my sister, and then I was around her and smelled cinnamon, and started talking about what had happened in the dream like it was real, "Remember when we were making those cookies for your dance team's fundraiser? ...No?" Embarrassing :eek:h:

Lavinialuna

First, I would like to congratulate myself for figuring out how to multi-quote on my own :applause: Now, on to business.

That happened last night. I could smell the lake from work. BANG! Instant feel-betterness! :D
Campfires, they always bring me back to a happy place :)

This happens all the time for me. The problem is, in my vivid dreams, I can smell my surroundings. And then if I smell the same thing in real life, I get confused over whether I'm remembering something real or not... Like one time I had a dream about baking with my sister, and then I was around her and smelled cinnamon, and started talking about what had happened in the dream like it was real, "Remember when we were making those cookies for your dance team's fundraiser? ...No?" Embarrassing :eek:h:
Wow, I am jealous. I don't ever remember smelling anything in my dreams. I would love to experience that!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
My neighbour told me that we should set a date to wash our cars together.
And my bike mecano wants to bring me to a yoga class.
Full moon weirdness?

Yup... I hate running into people I know.

I ran into an old buddy last night after work. Ain't seen him since i graduated school. His first words: "Jc! Dude! I thought you were dead... how are ya!" It was nice to see him. We talked quite a while and i have to admit i enjoyed it.

I ran into an old buddy last night after work. Ain't seen him since i graduated school. His first words: "Jc! Dude! I thought you were dead... how are ya!" It was nice to see him. We talked quite a while and i have to admit i enjoyed it.

Did you convince him that you were in fact undead? Because that could've lead to some funny hijinks.

Did you convince him that you were in fact undead? Because that could've lead to some funny hijinks.

I assured him that I'm perfectly alive as far as i know lol. He was referring to the time i almost got burned up and then the car wreck i had the year after. The story got twisted into way worse than it was and some people heard i was dead. He was apparently one of them. I was hospitalized after the fire and after the wreck so i saw how people figured i didn't make it. I should've started talking gibberish and acting all animated zombie like tho.

Lavinialuna

Took my son to his choir concert at his middle school. As I walked down the halls alone (he was with his class rehearsing) I wondered how in the heck the basket case gave birth to the sporto? (think Breakfast Club for you young-uns.) It was like a super weird feeling. Then I suddenly had the urge to start running until I reached the cafeteria and crashed into a closed metal gate. (no, actually I just sat in the auditorium and felt like crying until it was over, but the running thing sounded like a way better ending to my story.)

S_Spartan

Took my son to his choir concert at his middle school. As I walked down the halls alone (he was with his class rehearsing) I wondered how in the heck the basket case gave birth to the sporto? (think Breakfast Club for you young-uns.) It was like a super weird feeling. Then I suddenly had the urge to start running until I reached the cafeteria and crashed into a closed metal gate. (no, actually I just sat in the auditorium and felt like crying until it was over, but the running thing sounded like a way better ending to my story.)

I loved that movie so much in the 80s!

I watched it over and over. 1987 and 88. I had it memorized!

Lavinialuna

I loved that movie so much in the 80s!

I watched it over and over. 1987 and 88. I had it memorized!

Me too, it was so well made. I let my 14 year old watch it and he even thought it was good (hard to believe it's coming up to almost 30 years! :eek:
And being in that school was no different than when I was in school. It's like I was there. It even smelled the same. Probably why I felt like bawling, lol!

All I could think was "I wanna be an airborne ranger!"