Maybe this time I can be strong
But since I know who I am
I'm probably wrong
Maybe this time I can go far
Thinking about where I've been
Ain't helping me start

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Graeme, I'd like to get your take on this song.. it's riffs, general guitar play, sound etc. To me it's fking epic. Overkill has always been underrated in my opinion (especially their album 'The years of decay'). As the resident guitar expert, what are your thoughts?

Resident guitar expert?! Who, me? Yer taking the pure piss, right? 😏😂🤣

Anyway, my thoughts on that Overkill song. Good intro. I like the dynamics of the bass with, is that an octave or chorus effect? And how it builds to that fade in transition to the heavy main riff. Which is really good groove to it.

Hard for me to make a sound comparison, really. Beyond the vocals, anyway. Because, musically, I'm hearing Slayer, Pantera and a bit of early 90's Badmotorfinger era Soundgarden. The vocals to me though are very reminiscent of Steve "Zetro" Souza of Exodus.

Phoenixx

I recently discovered this band through Spotify. They've apparently been around a while now, but I had never heard of them before. I am absolutely in love with this song, even more so this version. The lyrics are so beautiful. 🥰

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I recently discovered this band through Spotify. They've apparently been around a while now, but I had never heard of them before. I am absolutely in love with this song, even more so this version. The lyrics are so beautiful. 🥰

They have indeed! Formed in the mid-90's but didn't really breakthrough until late 2000s. I'm more of a fan of their earlier music, though. Mainly because I got into them during my teens.