Post your favourite music

AtTheGates

Banned
Love Pantera. The Sword - not so much. No offence.

I hear you, man. iv listened to Pantera since I was like 14 . Amazing metal band, especially considering where metal was at that time in the 90's .

Yeah the sword gets a bit of flack. I was never a huge fan of their vocalist but I got used to him after a while . I feel like he tries to sound kind of like Ozzy but fails miserably. but I didn't really like dave mustaine's vocals either when I first started listening to Megadeth,,,,anyway, Their riffs are on point though. I still remember when their first album (Age of winters) came out and I saw them live soon after that.

So many good riffs on that album. Not overly technical, just good to head bang to. Sometimes thats just the kind of metal im in the mood for.

On a separate note, check out that chorus riff:
Aerosmith - Combination - YouTube

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hear you, man. iv listened to Pantera since I was like 14 . Amazing metal band, especially considering where metal was at that time in the 90's .

Yep! The only metal band to find success during that time.

Yeah the sword gets a bit of flack. I was never a huge fan of their vocalist but I got used to him after a while . I feel like he tries to sound kind of like Ozzy but fails miserably. but I didn't really like dave mustaine's vocals either when I first started listening to Megadeth,,,,anyway, Their riffs are on point though. I still remember when their first album (Age of winters) came out and I saw them live soon after that.

So many good riffs on that album. Not overly technical, just good to head bang to. Sometimes thats just the kind of metal im in the mood for.

Aye, that's my issue with The Sword. They're "Sabbath rip-off... C*nts!", as drunken Glaswegian yelled moments into their set, when I saw them open for Metallica back in 2009. :bigsmile: With regards to Megadeth, that was how I felt about Mustaine's singing style when I first started listen to them.

On a separate note, check out that chorus riff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzmz76vfgfs&t=35s

raw

Last edited: