Post your Favorite Quotes!

chibiXphantom

"See for yourself what brings contentment, clarity, and peace. That is the path for you to follow."

“Love is a consistent passion to give, not a meek persistent hope to receive.”

SilentBird

When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?

Last edited:

SilentBird

There's a hole in my sidewalk by Portia Nelson

Chapter 1
I walk down the street
There's a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in
I'm lost. . . I'm helpless
It isn't my fault
It takes me forever to find a way out

Chapter 2
I walk down the same street
I pretend I don't see it
I fall in again
I can't believe I'm in the same place
But it isn't my fault
It still takes a long time to get out

Chapter 3
I see it there
I still fall in. . . it's a habit
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault
I get out immediately

Chapter 4
I walk around it

Chapter 5
I walk down another street

Steppen-Wolf

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
Albert Einstein

Describes SA quite well I say.

Roman Legion

"SO long as there shall exist, by reason of law and custom, a social condemnation, which, in the face of civilization, artificially creates hells on earth, and complicates a destiny that is divine, with human fatality; so long as the three problems of the age—the degradation of man by poverty, the ruin of women by starvation, and the dwarfing of childhood by physical and spiritual night—are not solved; so long as, in certain regions, social asphyxia shall be possible; in other words, and from a yet more extended point of view, so long as ignorance and misery remain on earth, books like this cannot be useless." - Victor Hugo (Les Miserables)

Canis lupus

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of human kind" Ghandi

"A dog is not "almost human", and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." John Holmes

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

"The chief source of problems are solutions." Eric Sevareid

"The nature of the human species is to reject what is true but
unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but
comforting." H.L. Mencken

"By their urge to self-preservation and pursuit of happiness, people are naturally inclined to think in the first place about themself, they are born egoists." Spinoza

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."
Confucius

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin
(Used this one only a couple days ago to someone who thought humans were the top of evolution)

Few funny ones:

"People can have the Model T in any color - so long as it's black." Henry Ford

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." Al Capone

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." Steve Wozniak

People that play or have played civilization 4 might recognize a few :)

SilentBird

There is no such thing as conversation. It is an illusion. There are intersecting monologues, that is all.

Living well is the best revenge.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
"He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have." - Socrates

SilentBird

Well, if there's anybody out there that can look around this demented slaughterhouse of a world we live in and tell me that man is a noble creature, believe me: That man is full of bull****. I don't have anything going for me. I haven't got any kids. And I was married for thirty-three years of shrill, shrieking fraud. So I don't have any bull**** left. I just ran out of it, you see.
- Howard Beale

montejocarlo

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

(Invictus)