Post your Favorite Quotes!

montejocarlo

I really like this thread.
- Me

that's a nice quote. and i like your new avatar.

images1.jpg

bcsr

Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing.
- Alexander Woollcott

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
- Robert Frost

Roman Legion

"I stood there thinking about all the things I liked, and all the things I didn’t like. And I realized you can like something and not like it at the same time. Not like loving unconditionally. That’s an act of desperation." - George Lass (Ellen Muth) Dead Like Me

Darkness_'82

When I was seeing a therapist some years ago, this was on a poster on the wall in her office:

"The wonderful thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceeded by feelings of anxiety and depression."

I made a point of remembering it. I think it's a good quote.

SilentBird

Transference - The Outdated Map

Transference is that set of ways of perceiving and responding to the world which is developed in childhood and which is unsually entirely appropriate to the childhood environment (indeed, often life-saving) but which is inappropriately transferred into the adult environment.

Truth or reality is avoided when it is painful. We can revise our maps only when we have the discipline to overcome that pain.

To have such discipline, we must be totally dedicated to truth.

- from The Road Less Travelled by M. Scott Peck

SilentBird

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.”
- Aristotle

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
- Buddha