Post your favorite Christmas song

Living in Queensland or Australia fullstop how can you possibly get in the Christmas mood ?

lol!:bigsmile:
Because this is one of the most frequently played Christmas songs in the shopping centres each Christmas, therefore it has automatically become associated with Christmas time in my mind. Hmmm thanks for making me think hard as to why it does!lol

hidwell

A white Christmas in the tropical heat of Queensland, I suppose it helps to be born there.

1BlackSheep

A white Christmas in the tropical heat of Queensland, I suppose it helps to be born there.
It's not that much different here in Cali! :bigsmile:

So when does your Christmas season start there? Ours starts right after Thanksgiving, but you don't have that!

With the flood of American and British Christmas tv series and movies depicting snowy Christmas scenarios, it's not hard to grow up still associating snow with Christmas even though you don't experience it personally.

hidwell

With the flood of American and British Christmas tv series and movies depicting snowy Christmas scenarios, it's not hard to grow up still associating snow with Christmas even though you don't experience it personally.

Are you saying Australia has no culture of its own ?

Roman Legion

I'm sorry, but I can't stand this time of year and the music is one reason. Last year I sat in the El Paso airport and for hours hear nothing but the same repeating Christmas music. I'm against harming anyone, but I wanted to go on a rampage of some kind.

truffleshuffle

You do know that some of these Christmas song were actualy writen during the summer while they were doing summer stuff like on vacation in the heat like being on the beaches and stuff right. I am not sure which one was but I remember reading about how the person was like either on a beach or someplace like that during the summer when they actualy wrote the song. Just because a person isan't exsactly in a wintery area dosen't mean they can;t enjoy something like a song White Christmas.

truffleshuffle

We used to have a radio station that would play nothing but holiday songs from like November 1st to after Christmas but it was changed to a different station a few years ago so the don't do that anymore. I kinda miss that.

laure15

Sunny 99.1 plays lots of good CHristmas songs every year, starting in November thru December. Some of the good songs are "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey and "Last Christmas" by WHAM.