Phobia of SPW.com?

JCS008

hey, the day you leave this site for good should be a great one right? I mean hopefully leaving this site means you don't need it anymore and have overcome your issues.

slimjim119

I still get a little nervous before posting. But not like when I first joined and was new. It's definitely more nerve-wracking starting a new thread which I haven't done in a while.

Lea

Banned
I feel like spw has negative impact on my mind, from various reasons. One of them is, sometimes I get involved in some silly topics (or even start them, though not so often), I only think I write my opinion or experience and don´t have second thoughts about it, then come all kind of doubtful voices and asking to explain it, and do I have it scientifically proven, so I feel compelled to explain, spend half day writing posts only to be viewed as a bigger fool than before. (I know I do although many people rather don´t even say their opinion). Or I realize (for example in my recent thread about nightmares( that perhaps I come across as thinking I am special having that or that people view it as if I wanted to spread some new belief around etc.... so many possible explanations from different people. I am also afraid to give advices to people because what if I for example recommend something they don´t believe in or think my advice is stupid...
Plus my english is shit and it frustrates me, but I am not able to make it better. I attempted long ago, I was even studying large dictionaries, but it was of no use because I forgot it anyway.

dearmili

I feel this way too but I feel it most on sites where I know people..Like facebook and my space..I do well in super large crowds where I don't know anyone at all.Like in a big city or at a carnival or when we go to the shore,If I know there is a possibility I'll see someone I know, I start to panic.

hippiechild

I feel this way too but I feel it most on sites where I know people..Like facebook and my space..I do well in super large crowds where I don't know anyone at all.Like in a big city or at a carnival or when we go to the shore,If I know there is a possibility I'll see someone I know, I start to panic.

Haha YES exactly! I tend to avoid anywhere that I might run into recognizable faces. Fresh people are just oh so much easier to deal with =)

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I thought posting here would be like an outlet that I don't have in life. But the truth is, I start writing - keep adjusting it, then abort it anyway without posting. It's just the same as real life where I over-think things, and decide not to say anything!

Exactly... I do that a lot. But I'm learning to just press the 'submit' button and hope no one replies with a bitter tongue.

I know what you mean. It's weird, like you sit there and think "What if no one replies?"

That's why I don't start threads.

anomicdeer

Yup. I don't even post thread because I just know it would be pointless. When I post a reply I always worry what someone would think if they read it. Even in the chatbox.

faithnomore

Banned
What is starting to get annoying is the fact that there are so many sex topics recently.

One or two is ok. But its just getting obsessive now.

It kind of makes me anxious having to see all the topics there, and whats being said. It makes the atmoshpere a little bit shady.

These forums are for support, and it'd be nice if everyone was friendly and accepting.

I feel that sometimes people make topics simply because they wouldn't be able to talk about it in real life. It can be a bit annoying.

Shinigami

Yep. I often wonder if my posts are worth posting at all. Then theres the spell checking and proof-reading it all which is usually quite a few times, especially if its more than a paragraph or two. Then im back at step one, should I bother saying this at all...again.

lyricalliaisons

I always worry about posting here because, in the beginning, when I first joined the site, I had some harsh things "said" to me after some of the things I posted (about my lack of experience in every aspect of life, etc.). Even most people with SA don't understand my situation at all because they've been able to live fairly "normal" lives, even if they don't think so. So, when I post something personal, I always worry of peoples reactions & sometimes even what they must be thinking of me because of what they've read. People are very judgmental towards others, even on here.

Supernova

I often write posts on forums then delete them and don't bother, thinking its just stupid or no one would want to read it

I always worry about posting here because, in the beginning, when I first joined the site, I had some harsh things "said" to me after some of the things I posted (about my lack of experience in every aspect of life, etc.). Even most people with SA don't understand my situation at all because they've been able to live fairly "normal" lives, even if they don't think so. So, when I post something personal, I always worry of peoples reactions & sometimes even what they must be thinking of me because of what they've read. People are very judgmental towards others, even on here.

that's a shame - sorry that happened to you. sometimes i'll see a post and just cringe because it's kind of rude to someone. maybe these people need it pointed out to them - it's possible they're not aware they're doing it, or the effect it might have one someone.

nephatitus

i re edit my posts so they dont get on anyones nerves. hooray for 2 draft writing where the 1st version is totally offensive to everyone

I regularly make an ass of myself (or feel like I do), get poster's remorse and leave for awhile, then come back weeks or months later when I'm sure everyone has forgotten about me. I have been doing this here for more than two years...

When I first joined I was very afraid of posting anything, and would delete most messages I typed out before submitting. When I did submit I'd hit the road before anyone could reply because I just knew any response would be negative or, arguably worse, I'd just be ignored altogether.

I post on many message boards these days so most of that fear has been overcome. Still, there is an odd apprehension about posting here that I don't get anywhere else, and I still delete more than I actually submit. I guess because here we are the topics being discussed rather than something external I feel more vulnerable, I don't know.

Illusions

Er, that's sort of why I don't create threads. More often than not I have nothing to add to any discussion so I just lurk.