Phobia of SPW.com?

Quiet Angel

Do you guys ever feel uncomfortable, hesitant, or even reluctant about posting a thread or message on this particular site for fear of getting judged/criticized? We all endure a similar challenge, yet, are fearful of each other for similar reasons? I frequently edit my threads/posts and sometimes I even experience frustration because I'm unable to delete what I create. Whenever I post, I make sure to have perfect spelling, grammar, etc. *sigh* The internet is much easier for me to communicate in comparison to the outside life, but can feel a bit challenging anyway. What do you guys think? Similar feeling? *this was random by the way*

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yes, definately.
I try to be very deliberate when posting, and often wonder what people will think. Just like in life, but to a lesser extent.

I also get anixous, or sweaty.

Lea

Banned
I do have a real phobia of this site (I mean it fully seriously), because I can never get out of here ::(:.

WelshOne

I bet at least half of my posts on here have been edited by me, at some point after posting. I sometimes worry that the way I have written something may have come across wrongly (rude or aggressive, etc.) I guess maybe I don't think about what I'm saying properly, and then suddenly realise after reading/thinking about it a second or third time.

However, this is the one place I feel I can be honest about my problems without being laughed at. More or less anyway :p

hippiechild

Definitely, I've been here for a fair bit, but barely ever post. I don't feel strongly enough about most things on here to warrant the risk that comes with posting. Many people on here feel very, very strongly about certain topics. Topics are often about delicate feelings or personal experience, made more delicate by the sensitive nature of a social phobic. It can be scary to post my actual opinions in these topics.

I can become a little obsessive while trying to make heartfelt posts... First, I'll take my brain drivel and use it to create an outline with 3-5 main ideas, each with a, b, c, d supporting ideas. Then it gets written out longhand in a notebook to see how it looks. After that, it gets typed up in MS word, spell checked, read over and edited. Finally, it gets posted and ignored because it's totally mindless anyway :p

It was easier when people were just blocks of text, when I couldn't sympathize with them. The more I know about the people behind the username, the harder it is to speak my mind objectively.

Emmmmy

Yeh, me too.

I thought posting here would be like an outlet that I don't have in life. But the truth is, I start writing - keep adjusting it, then abort it anyway without posting. It's just the same as real life where I over-think things, and decide not to say anything!
Plus, I have loads of insecurties about how I come across here too - same as real life...... also similar to real life - I'm sure no one's really thought much about this anyway (well - I hope)!:D

Topics are often about delicate feelings or personal experience, made more delicate by the sensitive nature of a social phobic. It can be scary to post my actual opinions in these topics.

Well put, I find this a difficult thing too.

Last edited:

NothingElseMatters

Do you guys ever feel uncomfortable, hesitant, or even reluctant about posting a thread or message on this particular site for fear of getting judged/criticized? We all endure a similar challenge, yet, are

yeah i do feel this way.Its normal.Even here ppl judge and criticize.dont forget that cause maybe you 'll be disapointed when someone sais something bad

FOR REAL

Banned
im used too facebook and tagged and i usually always put an x at the end!, so if any of you guys see an X at the end of my sentence just ignore it.

its just force of habit
x

Reiji Moritsugu

I know what you mean. It's weird, like you sit there and think "What if no one replies?"

Exactly...I´ve had experiences about posting topics [not in this forum, but anyways] where absolutely nobody replies and even though I know it shouldn´t matter I still view it as a form of rejection, hypersensitivity FTL
:(

I guess I´m one of those people who are as insecure on the internet as they are in real life; also thought it would be easier than it is in real life but it doesn´t seem to be that way. The only choice is to keep trying though, I don´t want to do what I´ve done in many other places [post for a while,
then suddenly lose interest and leave] whatever, I guess.

Kinetik

I'm okay with replying as long it's not too opinionated or controversial, but I do notice that I can't really start an actual thread myself, because it's just too much scrutiny for me. I don't trust myself to start a whole premise from scratch. And of course, if people disagree with what I say, I tend to feel quite embarrassed and stupid for a while afterwards.

Last edited:

sorrow1

words can have many different meanings to different people and in forums we form our own opinions because we cant work out what someones thinking aswell as we can in real life. I think most people are probably guilty of assuming the worst and picking out all the negatives from other peoples comments and interpreting them as critisisms when in reality most people on this forum are just trying to help.

fedupoffear88

I don't have a real fear or phobia of being judges of my post/threads onthis site, but i do most of the times check my grammar and sentence to check if it makes sense. :)

AlleyCat

I do get nervous before posting. I'm afraid what I type may come across as silly or strange, but it is a lot easier for me to post here than on other forums. I know most people here share the same fears and worries that I do. I feel like I am able to let my guard down a little more here and be myself which is extremely hard for me to do on other non-SA forums.