Pets Are Therapeutic

Mikazuki1590

Yea, I feel ya. My cat is my buddy. She's almost always chilling with me and often sleeps next to me or sometimes directly on top of my chest, haha.

She can't replace human connection but it is nice to have another living creature around when you feel down.

Pets have been a great way to dealing with my anxiety, when I was in North Africa I had 4 tortoises and a dog, I always enjoyed being around them, they don't judge you and you can have a 'naive' relationship with them that you couldn't have with humans.

Miserum

Pets have been a great way to dealing with my anxiety, when I was in North Africa I had 4 tortoises and a dog, I always enjoyed being around them, they don't judge you and you can have a 'naive' relationship with them that you couldn't have with humans.

Haha, 4 tortoises! Wow! That's a lot of tortoises.

Fey

I really wanted a dog when I was a teenager, but my mom was opposed to it. I garden now and I feel like it has some of the same effects. I enjoy having something to take care of and routinely check on.

Miserum

I really wanted a dog when I was a teenager, but my mom was opposed to it. I garden now and I feel like it has some of the same effects. I enjoy having something to take care of and routinely check on.

Oh, absolutely. Tending and caring for living beings has an effect on us regardless of being a plant or animal (or Tamagotchi for that matter). One day I'd like to get a few bonsai trees and take care of them.

grapevine

Thoughtout the 2020 COVID lockdowns and fears i started to get panic attacks and i was dealing with rugs in pyschosis too and it was all too much for me. So i decided i needed a companion and i searched for ages and got lucky and found a puppy and never looked back. He has been a highlight in my life. He does the funniest things and watching this tiny little boy turn into a teenager has been a happiness.

MollyBeGood

It's so hard losing a pet. I still tear up thinking of past pets. Time helps the healing, but I don't think you ever really totally stop grieving. I have moments when I still think of pets I've lost years ago when I see certain things that remind me of them. 💔
Thank you, Phoenix.